What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

Well, regarding the Real Time Mileage indicator, I am not conviced with the technology!

It tries to display the Avg Km/l in many cars. I have personally seen many cars which never displays lesser than 10kmpl even though i drive in 100kmph in 3rd gear :)

These figures are just for the sake (a Feature List) in many cars!
I don't know about 100KMPH, but i do see less than 10 when i drive 2nd or 3rd gear in high RPM. Cindering 17-18 average mileage, its not just a feature to list. I must say, with my experience, when you ar enew to driving, this is the best feature yo have till you settle down.

Hey, I forgot to mention.
When I put my car in reverse, the sound of the stereo automatically reduces, to enable one to listen to the beeps coming from the reverse parking sensors.
Nice touch!!

aditya, this is really nice and useful feature to have.
here are some more similar to it -

- BMW's ORVMs automatically turn a bit downwards when reversing.
- Merc's rear headrests go down when reversing.

Hey, I forgot to mention.
When I put my car in reverse, the sound of the stereo automatically reduces, to enable one to listen to the beeps coming from the reverse parking sensors.
Nice touch!!
This ones really nice. My uncle owns an Octavia and i ave driven that car quite a lot, but i dont think this feature was there in it. Thogh its about 5yr old.

:offtopic:
One really cool feature my Fabia 1.4 Petrol has is a instantaneous fuel consumption display ... it gives you the lits / 100 km. So when you are flooring the throttle, you can see the nos. creep up.
Helps once in a while when you lift off a bit to keep the emissions low!!
About this feature, i thought only high end cars had this, but believe it or not, the TVS Flame has it!! And its very very useful!

Thats nice in TVS flame to have this feature.

Even Punto has this display and you can set it as either lts/100km or km/ltr options.

Last edited by a moderator:
No , they work when you switch on the rear wipers only.

For all those who dont have this facility , simple , find the reverse gear solenoid switch in gear box and connect to reverse wiper lines and positive line to front wiper pos

Else connect the rear wiper motor lines to reverse light[lol] , this one makes wiper to wipe everytime you reverse.

Last edited:

Top Bottom