What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

@ Ichimaru: We were discussing about Speed Volume not the speed warning...Which the actually controls the music system's volume (increases/decrease proportionally) as the car speed increase/decrease.

I guess you mis-understood. I'm sure you also must have identified it by now. :)

Cheers!
my bad!
nevertheless, thats a great feature and i was not aware of it!
i heard punto also has some spcial kind of rear defogger which switches off automatically.
is this true? if it is then is it common or punto specific?

i found something new again!!
i can not take the key out of the car if the gear is in Neutral!
i dont if this is special or not.

also this may sound stupid but i found that there are a pair of lights near the number plate!!
that was surprising!

also i am not sure about punto but in linea one can alter the brightness of the orange back lit of the central console!
Yes this is present in Punto also[clap].
If anybody has noticed (like me till now), there is '+' and '-' button on right hand side of steering (same place where you can adjust the focus of the headlight). Pressing + & - makes the console light dimmer or vice-versa.

One really cool feature my Fabia 1.4 Petrol has is a instantaneous fuel consumption display ... it gives you the lits / 100 km. So when you are flooring the throttle, you can see the nos. creep up.
Helps once in a while when you lift off a bit to keep the emissions low!!
And the hot air is ducted to the rear seat passenger's foot too. That is a comfy thing to have when your parents are gracing the rear row.
One-touch power windows for all four windows ... rare.
Lots more features ... but maybe seen on other cars too.

How accurate is the instantaneous fuel consumption display?
I found it believable in Xylo, but in the new City it shows unbelievable figures.

One touch power window is an must-have feature for all car, but sadly only few cars have it.

I couldn't understand the hot air duct to rear passenger. What is it actually?

I found it believable in Xylo, but in the new City it shows unbelievable figures.

One touch power window is an must-have feature for all car, but sadly only few cars have it.

I couldn't understand the hot air duct to rear passenger. What is it actually?
To reply ... I am assuming that it is pretty accurate, the reading comes off the ECU, which is directing the amount of fuel injected into the engine ... and so should be accurate.
Also, the same input must be working for the overall fuel consumption figures, which actually do match perfectly with my excel file which logs km and fuel filled.

Regarding the last, in the foot mode for the blower, which is what you normally use when the heater is on, there is a ducting to the rear foot well also, so the people sitting in the rear row can also get a blast of warm air.
Not something I have seen in a hatch yet ... which is why I thought I would mention it!!

One really cool feature my Fabia 1.4 Petrol has is a instantaneous fuel consumption display ... it gives you the lits / 100 km.
This is present in Punto also.[clap]

I thinks more than its accurancy, it gives you a idea how your car is drinking fuel based on your driving style. This is very useful to improve your driving style.

One-touch power windows for all four windows ... rare.
Lots more features ... but maybe seen on other cars too.
Punto have this for front windows, but i have to check if this is present for rear door or not.

I thinks more than its accurancy, it gives you a idea how your car is drinking fuel based on your driving style. This is very useful to improve your driving style.
Absolutely agree with you ... It is even better than the tacho in giving you an input when to stop thrashing the accel pedal!!

Well, regarding the Real Time Mileage indicator, I am not conviced with the technology!

It tries to display the Avg Km/l in many cars. I have personally seen many cars which never displays lesser than 10kmpl even though i drive in 100kmph in 3rd gear :)

These figures are just for the sake (a Feature List) in many cars!

Top Bottom