What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

S-cross has a boot with no loading lip. This is a nice feature, helps minimize effort while loading/unloading luggage.
Also, there is a power socket in the boot, If you are aware of other cars having these features, please advise!

Same in ecosport [:)]
Also available in Fiats, and Renault Duster (atleast my variant with Media Nav)

My Micra XV has a 7-speed Intermittent wiper setting, besides mid and high. I dont think it is a hugely unique feature, but a thoroughly useful one. I have felt the utility of this umpteen times, especially when you drive under varying rain conditions that are so prevalent in the Western Ghats around Pune. The intensity of the rain can vary literally every 2-3 km. The setting adjustment can be done perfectly. I have almost never used the mid-level setting on my Micra so far.
I believe some other cars have a 5-speed Intermittent wiper setting, while others like Fiats have a speed-sensitive Intermittent wiper. But in my experience, it has never been as effective as my Micra. I have actually never even changed the Micra wiper blades thus far, they are so.good.

Re: What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

In Rapid, with handbrake applied, if you cross 5 kmph speed for few seconds a beep alarm starts sounding.
Also present in Fiat Linea. Which really goes to show most contemporary cars are quite alike in terms of essential features. The keyword is "essential" of course. A term not very well understood in the Indian context though.

Re: What ¡°Special¡± Features Does Your Car Have?

S-cross has a boot with no loading lip. This is a nice feature, helps minimize effort while loading/unloading luggage.If you are aware of other cars having these features, please advise!
Honda Jazz has this, even the last gen had this feature. Very useful in accessing luggage when unloading.

Do the passenger seatbelt reminder beeps in any of the cars ?

Volkswagen Jetta has this feature, it beeps only when a person is sitting, it starts to beep only when it detects front seats are occupied.

In Rapid, with handbrake applied, if you cross 5 kmph speed for few seconds a beep alarm starts sounding.
Same in ecosport [:)] . I think this is a must have feature.

If we switch off the engine with parking lights on and open the driver side door a beep sound starts. Also if someone opens any door before the car comes to a halt a beep sound starts.

Last edited:

VW Passat comes with auto parking feature. I am not sure if somebody else have already shared this feature here but I found it cool. This is now quite an old feature in the car now but still worthy sharing it. The guys who find parking difficult, get Passat asap [:)]. Watch :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab-INGMVdMo

Same in ecosport [:)] . I think this is a must have feature.

If we switch off the engine with parking lights on and open the driver side door a beep sound starts. Also if someone opens any door before the car comes to a halt a beep sound starts.
Same feature in Dzire.

If you engage handbrake while driving ([evil]) or drive with the handbrake (after 5 kmph), 3-beep alarm will sound once.

If you open any door while the car is in motion/forget to close any door and the car starts moving, a ding sound will come intermittently.

If you take the keys off and parking lights (or headlights) are ON, a continous beep will sound till lights are turned OFF.

If the key is in the key fob and you open the driver door, a beep sound comes intermittently.

Fiat Avventura MID displays exactly which door is open.
Also displays if the boot is open after or before the engine is switched on. rps20151213_213716.jpg rps20151213_213746.jpg rps20151213_213629.jpg

In Avventura, there is a tiltometer which gives idea about how much the car is tilted front way or rear way & sideways also so that you do not cross safety limits on hilly terrains. Also you can see a compass.
rps20151213_213409.jpg rps20151213_213515.jpg

In Skoda Rapid, bonnet can not get opened inadvertently as the bonnet opening lever can't be pulled unless driver door is opened.(in some other cars it might get pulled inadvertently in search of boot opening lever or fuel lid opening lever by a new driver)
rps20151213_213815.jpg rps20151213_213840.jpg

Last edited:

THis is not avaiable in Beat. I wonder if I can have now install this feature. Many times I switch off the car & then I notice that one of the window is opened
Autocop provides it as an aftermarket addition. It is called as 'up module', once you lock the car with remote, all the windows uproll fully by default. It cost me Rs 1600 for my Manza 5 years back.

Zest's infotainment system gets a 'one hour mode', which allows you to use the ICE for 60 minutes after the ignition is turned off.

Pretty nifty when your wifey has gone for shopping and you are waiting outside[frustrat]
Hmmm.. Lucky guy, why banging the head on the wall? Your wify finishes it within an hour!!

In Skoda Rapid, you can here the music for indefinite time without key inserted. [frustration]

Dosen't zest have "ACC" mode?
Zest has provided this feature, probably for wify. She can take away the keys with her so that hubby doesn't move away in the car elsewhere till she is back from shopping spree. [lol]

One thing i have noticed in my vento dont know if it a special feature or not that the doors can be opened while the car is in motion when the doors are centrally locked via the button on the drivers side.
No bro, in Vento & Rapid, there is separate door lock /unlock button on driver's door, which when locked, the passengers can't open their doors in motion unless driver unlocks it from his door.

@Ice wise- All those are present in my City too. I find the parking lights on beep sound really a nifty feature. I use to forget switching them off in my Manza a few times when in hurry and would only get to know when I return back to the car.

Car: Fiat Palio D 1.9 ELX Hatchback (2004)

Note: Some of these features sounds normal now. But, back in the day, they were unique.

• One of the very last cars with Naturally Aspirated Diesel Engines. This one got 1910 CC.
• Height Adjustable Seat Belts
• Nut & Bolt Wheel Caps. Still an unique feature by Fiat which ensures wheel caps won't fall down until we loose the bolts
• Hydraulic Steering (Now a days, it become a rare feature, only Fiats are offering them)
• Anti Glare Position Rear View Mirror
• Stone Guard
• Internally Adjustable Mirrors
• All Four Power Windows + Control Switches accessible to driver
• Dead Pedal
• Completely fold-able rear seats
• Height Adjustable Headrests
• Roof handle with a hanger, useful to hang a bag/shirt.
• Cigar Lighter, Ash Treys on Front & Rear
• Three Seat Belts Provision at Back Seat
• Default wiring to install 6 speakers (2 on front doors, 2 Front Tweeters, 2 On Parcel Trey)
• Deep Glove box with Cup holders.

And Many More....!!!

For More Information on this car, You may see my Ownership Thread [drive]

My TATA Bolt has speed sensor auto door lock feature though it is common feature nowadays but will come to know the importance of this feature by reading following post from teambhp(somebody from Bengaluru posted this)

"" I don't know if this is funny / unusual. But I was truly stunned that day.

This happened a year ago. I was driving back in my car from Vijaynagar to JP Nagar at around 11 pm and decided to come via Nayandahalli and ORR as I had to drop a friend near Byatrayanpura Police station. So I arrive at the signal near PESIT where all the sand lorries are parked, quite a deserted and secluded area. As I arrive at the signal, I recieve a call and I start speaking through my car's bluetooth. As we all do while speaking, I was making hand gestures and then happned to just brushed my hair.

What happened next truly shocked me. This female staring at me all this while on the footpath walks upto my car, opens the door, sits inside and tells me that there is a lodge nearby and she would give me a good rate
. (Stupid Hyundai, why don't you provide auto locking doors!).

So I ask her politely to get off. She insists she will be gentle, is disease free, is good in bed and the lodge will not cause trouble with the cops
The signal turns green and people start honking, so I move ahead thinking I will kick her out of my car at the Hoskerahalli Cross signal. I turn up there and there are a bunch of cops patrolling in a Bolero. I think, cops might get me into trouble if this lady makes a scene, so I take her to the next junction - Kathriguppe Cross, near the KTM showroom. I park the car to the side, I tell her gently, that I'm not in the mood (LOL) and ask her to please get out of my car OR I will really kick her out literally. She starts caressing my thighs and says she knows a lodge in Banashankari too. Now I'm furious, I yell at her to get out of my car OR I will take her straight to the cops (I was done being scared now).

She gets off, gives me a flying kiss and winks at me. I lock the doors, do a mini burnout and scoot from there.

Now apparently my neighbours were right behind me in their i20 coming from Nagarbhavi and they saw the whole incident, and then narrated it to my parents.

Boy oh boy, there was a family meeting at home and I was counselled and lectured by 6 of my uncles and my parents.

Come to think of it, its funny now, back then I nearly peed myself.

MORAL: Always make sure you have locked your doors before you drive ""

@Nileshk,

OMG,! that was real nasty. Thank God, you didn't got in further trouble, I can imagine the mental trauma you might have suffered @[;)], and further thank god that you weren't married at that time.!

In Fiat Avventura, you can adjust the speed limit at which door gets locked & same feature might be there in bolt n' zest.

@Nileshk,

OMG,! that was real nasty. Thank God, you didn't got in further trouble, I can imagine the mental trauma you might have suffered @[;)], and further thank god that you weren't married at that time.!

In Fiat Avventura, you can adjust the speed limit at which door gets locked & same feature might be there in bolt n' zest.
Someone on Team BHP posted this. So NileshK didn't face this situation at all. [lol]

Top Bottom