Welcome Home Lady in Red - THE ALL NEW HONDA CITY

Thread Starter #47
No problem if you are thinking to fix black film on the rear.
Even my hawk has been fixed with cooling films, no problems with rear demister.
The thing is get it fixed with a professional.
Yes Anmol even i have sunfilm for the rear window in Verna. My demister works fine till now.
hmmm....actually read in some forum that rear demister are cut by mistake while getting the film fixed.

will think over this.

you can opt to get the rear film down from outside the car, instead of inside, i have heard this from a guy who had the same dilemma of defogger in his city

Demister and sun film do not work well

if its a branded and good quality one like 3M means , it will with stand the temperature , though in long run it will become dull in heated part. because a 3M film can withstand some ok amount of heat , but constant heat ? like switching on a demister when in normal condition!!

As ∂נℓυν say , fixing them outside is one good solution

Thread Starter #50
you can opt to get the rear film down from outside the car, instead of inside, i have heard this from a guy who had the same dilemma of defogger in his city
ilango[speed thirst];62909 said:
Demister and sun film do not work well

if its a branded and good quality one like 3M means , it will with stand the temperature , though in long run it will become dull in heated part. because a 3M film can withstand some ok amount of heat , but constant heat ? like switching on a demister when in normal condition!!

As ∂נℓυν say , fixing them outside is one good solution
Ok,
Thanks for the advice.

i talked to my svc Honda adviser and he discouraged use of film on rear window as in most cases they either damages defogger or even if it is successful the defogger will spoil the film and when removed the defogger also will be damaged.

he also told me that it wont be covered in the warranty also.

i discussed this with my brother and father they also told me not to do any hurry.

instead i am thinking of those removable type window cover which are used to sell during red lights by hawker(don't know what they are called)[frustration]. :stupid:

guys are you sure that sunfilm will not cause any harm?? i have heard many incidents where this damages the system!! so not advisable IMHO.

@ amol i think you are talkin about something like sunshades et all??

Ok,
Thanks for the advice.

i talked to my svc Honda adviser and he discouraged use of film on rear window as in most cases they either damages defogger or even if it is successful the defogger will spoil the film and when removed the defogger also will be damaged.
I changed sunfilms of my Indigo(equipped with Defogger) twice, but the defogger remained healthy. I am not sure why your SA is discouraging the use. Even my friends HC ZX has sunfilms on his rear windshield and that too is working fine. All of us got them installed at a reputed 3M/Garware outlet.

Thread Starter #53
I changed sunfilms of my Indigo(equipped with Defogger) twice, but the defogger remained healthy. I am not sure why your SA is discouraging the use. Even my friends HC ZX has sunfilms on his rear windshield and that too is working fine. All of us got them installed at a reputed 3M/Garware outlet.
guys are you sure that sunfilm will not cause any harm?? i have heard many incidents where this damages the system!! so not advisable IMHO.

@ amol i think you are talkin about something like sunshades et all??
my svc is discouraging this as if by chance the installer cuts a single wire of demister then it will render it non-usable. also it wont be covered in warranty.

Congrats anmol. I am sure you must have enjoyed each and every km covered with her.
BTW is the door beading on your car black?

Thread Starter #57
Congrats anmol. I am sure you must have enjoyed each and every km covered with her.
BTW is the door beading on your car black?
Thanks buddy.

By door beading i understand the side moldings. Then yes they are of black color but the door handles are body colored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks buddy.

By door beading i understand the side moldings. Then yes they are of black color but the door handles are body colored.
Yeah door beading/side moulding. IMO body colored ones will enhance the look though i honestly feel the black ones are better suited for the purpose they are meant for.

Thread Starter #59
Yeah door beading/side moulding. IMO body colored ones will enhance the look though i honestly feel the black ones are better suited for the purpose they are meant for.
you are absolutely right.

i choosed black because the window frames and the area near ORVM are also black, so thought they would be suitable.

also the set of 4 color molding costs around 6000 INR whereas this black set was for 4000 INR.

ok its sorts of late but nevertheless Congrats for the ride.
Just have one question saw lots of Police people today stopping cars with sun films in Delhi(in Noida and ghaziabad as well) even if they were 70% transparent.
So could anybody clarify whats the rule?

Top Bottom