Welcome Home Lady in Red - THE ALL NEW HONDA CITY

Thread Starter #61
ok its sorts of late but nevertheless Congrats for the ride.
Just have one question saw lots of Police people today stopping cars with sun films in Delhi(in Noida and ghaziabad as well) even if they were 70% transparent.
So could anybody clarify whats the rule?
Thanks buddy.

The allowable limit is 50 %.

Thread Starter #62
Update - 3000 km

Hi all,

Updating the thread after long time. The car has done over 3500 KMs and fuel efficiency overall is 14 KMPL with best MID reading of around 16 and worst 10 KMPL. So far there has been no issues with the car. Since the summers have set in it will be interesting to see how AC cope with heat, so far it is chilling. Second service will be on reaching 5000 Kms.

Attaching few pics of the car.

Attachments

Re: Update - 3000 km

Hi all,

Updating the thread after long time. The car has done over 3500 KMs and fuel efficiency overall is 14 KMPL with best MID reading of around 16 and worst 10 KMPL. So far there has been no issues with the car. Since the summers have set in it will be interesting to see how AC cope with heat, so far it is chilling. Second service will be on reaching 5000 Kms.

Nice pics anmol. Pics show your love for the car. Keep them coming. Your car looks superb.[clap]

350Z

Core Team
Anmol, Thanks for updating this thread. Nothing else can be better to know that you are satisfied with the car. Some awesome snaps too. Please don't forget to post an update once the second service has been done.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I started out with a budget of upto 10 lakhs. Fuel efficiency, after
sales service, inside space, drivability and resale value were my prime
concerns. I needed a car with atleast 100+ BHP and basic features like power windows, ABS, keyless entry etc. I short listed four cars maruti sx4, fiat linea, all new Honda city.

I took out linea due to a few reasons.

Linea: Very good car. Has got everything I wanted. Scored high on 80% of
my parameters (Except Power). However, I doubted about Tata’s service and also feels insecure after reading past fiat behaviors in India( I mean what happened to fiat sienna, palio, Uno?). Tata has always been criticized for their lack of after sales support

Now, I have two options – Maruti SX4 and Honda City.
Hi Anmol, a million congrats for buying a car that costs a million bucks.

However, you took out the Linea from your consideration on somewhat flimsy parameters. I have a Linea 1.4 Petrol and have done more than 26 K without a hitch. The Linea's servicing interval is 15000 km, you don't need frequent visits to a TATA facility at all. I live in a small city in Punjab and find it easier to get TATA services here, the nearest Honda showroom is 120 km away.

Ah, the power! First up, I am a bit of a loose nut who freaks out on high velocities. I rarely drive below 130 kmph on the highway unless the kids are with me (you might go through my thread on this forum for a few high-speed pics). To me, even this regular petrol Linea is a rocket even though above 150 kmph, the engine noise increases appreciably which might be a clue that the engine is feeling strained. The pick up is rapid as well, at least as rapid as the ANHC owned by a close friend of mine.

However, let us assume that the figure of 90 BHP was not enough for you, you could have considered the Linea T-Jet which trumps the ANHC on most performance parameters, is superbly equipped and costs the same or may be, a shade less even. And you could have sampled the complementary Italian wine that comes with it!!!

And you didn't even consider the Vento, another beautiful car inside-out.[confused]

Of course, I appreciate that it all comes down to personal likes and dislikes. The ANHC is a good car and even I had doubts when I plonked for the Linea about 2 years back.

Guess most guys like to play safe when it comes to purchasing a car, after all it is their hard-earned money! Only surprise for me here is that Honda asks for and gets away with a huge premium on their cars. So it is great to hear that they at least gave you free insurance!

Congrats again, wishing you lakhs of miles of joyous rides!!![:)]

Thread Starter #67
Nice pics anmol. Pics show your love for the car. Keep them coming. Your car looks superb.[clap]
Thanls, I am glad you liked those pictures

Anmol, Thanks for updating this thread. Please don't forget to post an update once the second service has been done.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks, I will surely update the thread on regular basis with important updates on service.

congo anmol and awesome pictures dude..like ashikawa said it shows your real love for your car!! [glasses]
Thanks umang, glad you liked the pictures.

Hi Anmol, a million congrats for buying a car that costs a million bucks.

However, let us assume that the figure of 90 BHP was not enough for you, you could have considered the Linea T-Jet which trumps the ANHC on most performance parameters, is superbly equipped and costs the same or may be, a shade less even. And you could have sampled the complementary Italian wine that comes with it!!!

And you didn't even consider the Vento, another beautiful car inside-out.[confused]

Congrats again, wishing you lakhs of miles of joyous rides!!![:)]
Thanks for your wishes.

when I booked ANHC, Linea t-jet was not launched and vento was not on my list as i am not confident of its after sales service costs and spare parts availability. The bumper of vento costs around 40,000 INR.

Re: Update - 3000 km

Hi all,

Amazing pictures buddy! Love every pic and a simple task for me is to just change the color of the car and showcase it as my "Beast" [lol].
Glad that you are getting a good FE. 14 KMPL is really appreciatable [clap]. I get the mileage to change every now and then based on the driving conditions in Chennai. I get about 11-14 in Chennai. I also have clocked about 3K KM's. Isn't your car > 3 months old? If so, your second service is due i guess. Second service is in 3 months/ 5K KMs right?

Thread Starter #70
Last week I finally got the car serviced, had a nice experience at Ring Road Honda. I reached the showroom cum service center at 9am. The service adviser promptly listened to my queries. He thoroughly explained me the job to be done and requested me to wait in the customer lounge till the car is ready. I got the car back by 3PM, was nicely cleaned up shining way to glory. Engine oil was replaced, preferred mineral oil though SA was suggesting going for so called synthetic. I am Overall happy with the quality of the service, will give 8/10. Engine feels very refined after the service; I guess the fresh oil has done the trick. The car is in good shape after servicing.

I was looking for some nice seat covers for the car, Got AUTO FORM seat covers for 7800 including labour. It took over two hours for them to stitch the covers. Body cover was out of stock, will get it by next week.

Details of the bill
Engine oil – Rs. 915
Wash fluid – Rs. 44
Washer drain plug (don’t know what is this) – Rs. 18
AUTO FORM seat covers – Rs. 7800
Service tax and VAT as applicable

Rest there isn’t much to comment or write, sometimes it is very boring when your car has no problems and there is nothing much to post except for the pictures of the beauty.

Attachments

Rest there isn’t much to comment or write, sometimes it is very boring when your car has no problems and there is nothing much to post except for the pictures of the beauty.
If thats the case, then be prepared to get used to with the boredom. I guess the reason is enough to justify the dead thread of my City!

350Z

Core Team
As expected, Honda City is keeping you happy. Post some pictures of new seat covers too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Your seat covers are cool Anmol , nice fit and finish! The last picture on the previous page is awesome!

Good to know you are happy with the car.

350Z

Core Team
The seat covers are adding more plush and luxurious touch. Nice choice. I like them. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom