Weird sounds coming from my engine :(

Thread Starter #1

napster

Suspended
I drive an M800 MPFI 5speed, Got my clutch plates replaced few months ago and now I get irritated to drive my car now with some weird sounds coming from my engine..[frustration]

When the engine is idl, I get sounds from the engine as if some metal part is rotating and its getting in contact with the inner surface of the engine. When i press the clutch , The sound mutes, I got this to the notice of my service executive and he was like M800 5speed has this problem, Can't help it. I have no idea what to do regarding this problem,Do we have any way to fix this problem?[confused]

350Z

Core Team
Napster,
What type of sound is it? Something like tick-tick after idling?
napster said:
I got this to the notice of my service executive and he was like M800 5speed has this problem
That was a silly reply. I too own a 5-Speed Variant.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

napster

Suspended
lol, I cant really explain it in words, It's like something is rubbing on the inner walls, like the sound which you get when you drag a metal sheet o nthe road.

Maybe the clutch plate hasn't been installed properly.(loose or not aligned rightly).
That could only be the possible reason as the sound is muted as you press(dis engage) the clutch.

Thread Starter #7

napster

Suspended
Maybe the clutch plate hasn't been installed properly.(loose or not aligned rightly).
That could only be the possible reason as the sound is muted as you press(dis engage) the clutch.
I hope thats the problem, That will be a minor problem i believe. Fingers crossed.

Thread Starter #9

napster

Suspended
I got my clutch plates changed from varun motors, Now ill give my car for a service and get this thing to the notice of the executive at SABOO motors which is also a delear of maruti.

If you have replaced it from VARUN motors and facing a problem, then get it checked from SABOO motors/RKS motors and get the exact reason of the sound, if it is due to the work done by VARUN then get back to them with a complaint and the original worksheet of the work done by them.

As you told that the sound is coming only when the engine is idling and vanishes at higher rpm then you may check the bearings and the timing belt tensioner.As few months back one of my client faced a similar problem with his M800--2003 model, he got these problems.

Which VARUN did you went to-- begumpet,banjara hills or kukatpally?

Thread Starter #11

napster

Suspended
begumpet, The sound comes only whe nthe car is idle, if i press the clutch the sound vanishes even if the engine is idle. I dont know if the sound exists while running as engine sound dminates other sounds coming.

begumpet, The sound comes only whe nthe car is idle, if i press the clutch the sound vanishes even if the engine is idle. I dont know if the sound exists while running as engine sound dminates other sounds coming.
ok then it is the problem of the clutch, please tell me when you changed the clutch disc did you change pressure plate also or not.When you change the clutch disc it is mandatory to replace the pressure plate also to match the new clutch disc with the pressure plate.If the pressure plate is old compared to clutch disc, then it cant match its state and performance as its performance got reduced due to wear and tear and after sometime it starts malfunctioning,I think it is the problem with you.If it is not changed get it changed.

tell me one more thing, when you are engaging a gear, suppose 1st gear and releasing the clutch while pressing the gas/accelerator, is the car starts moving with a sudden jerk or not.....even if you release the clutch gently also

Thread Starter #14

napster

Suspended
tell me one more thing, when you are engaging a gear, suppose 1st gear and releasing the clutch while pressing the gas/accelerator, is the car starts moving with a sudden jerk or not.....even if you release the clutch gently also
Not a jerk but if the acceleratio nis not enough i get heavy vibrations some times, I got my clutchplates changed some 3 to 4 motnhs ago, I'm getting this sound from day one i got my clutchplates changed. So you want me to findout whether my pressure plates were replaced or not? if yes the nwhat might be the problem and if no, I'll ask him to change the pressure plates as well..

Check the clutch bearings ASAP.
I'll get free after 12th of this month, I'l lgive my car for service on 13th or so, I'll get this point to his notice.
Thanks

Not a jerk but if the acceleratio nis not enough i get heavy vibrations some times, I got my clutchplates changed some 3 to 4 motnhs ago, I'm getting this sound from day one i got my clutchplates changed. So you want me to findout whether my pressure plates were replaced or not? if yes the nwhat might be the problem and if no, I'll ask him to change the pressure plates as well..
I think that is the problem, if he says that he have changed it then as I told you before, it is the bearing which should be replaced.

Top Bottom