Weird Incident Regarding Remote Lock

Thread Starter #1
When the car was running on the road, the remote lock alarm system started beeping on its own! On applying the brake, the alarm stopped and when the brake was released, it starting again. I'm a little worried cause I read somewhere that a Skoda caught fire and they say that it was due to an electrical short (not confirmed). What should I do? Should I go to the showroom/service center and get it checked?[confused]. I disabled the system by pressing the key on the remote lock. But still the fact that it went on its own worries me.

Last edited:
When the car was running on the road, the remote lock alarm system started beeping on its own! On applying the brake, the alarm stopped and when the brake was released, it starting again. I'm a little worried cause I read somewhere that a Skoda caught fire and they say that it was due to an electrical short (not confirmed). What should I do? Should I go to the showroom/service center and get it checked?[confused]. I disabled the system by pressing the key on the remote lock. But still the fact that it went on its own worries me.
Does your car security system has a immobilizer? If yes, then most probably it has started acting-up. Do take it to the authorized workshop only.

freakdude.

Which car your are using? Did you got security system installed from outside? If installed from outside then please check the little plastic switches on door they may get damaged over a period of time if not installed properly or of poor quality. Visit your installer or authorized service outlet.

Thread Starter #4
@freakdude I don't think it has an immobilizer, not sure. It was fitted by the dealer as a free accessory.
@ToughGuy: i10, it was fitted by the dealer!

Top Bottom