Weekend Trip: Minneapolis - Duluth - Minneapolis

Thread Starter #1
All right guys I am back again [:)]with another wonderful and nice travelogue, this is my 8th travelogue on TAI. This was a weekend trip which I did with one of my friend. This trip was planned almost a month back and we were suppose to do this last week but couldn’t do it as it was really cold out there, almost 1 or 2 degree Celsius with high winds. So we decided to make it this week. The place is called DULUTH located on Lake Superior (Third largest lake of the world, will talk about it later) and is a great tourist destination full of Fall colors and lake view’s. And it is only 150 miles (240 Kms) from Canadian border. So you can imagine how cold it can get in winters. The temperature can fall upto -38 to -40 degree Celsius[;)].

Below are some of the Trip Details:

Trip Details:

Car: 06 Honda Civic
Total Distance: 420 miles (672 kms) – 210 miles each way.
Route: Route Map attached below.

a.jpg

b.jpg

Total Fuel: $ 50
FE: Around 40 mpg (17 kmpl)
Total Trip Time: 10.5 hours
Total Driving Time: 5 hours
Avg. Speed: 77-80 mph (118 kmph)
Top Speed: 104 mph (166 Kmph)

Last edited:
Wow! yet another travelogue. You are crunching miles and miles in US. Looking forward for great set of pictures that you will have.
Just off topic are you settled in US?

Thread Starter #3
So we left Minneapolis around 11:00 AM, not much traffic while leaving the city but did hit traffic on the interstate highway that we took I-35. But again the good part was that the traffic was moving at a great speed following the speed limit of 70 mph except at some places where some slow moving cars were driving on the fast lane. After driving for about 30-45 minutes the view started getting better and better. The tree line by the road and far from the highway as well was just amazing. Green, yellow, bronze, red were the colors we could see which made the view ULTIMATE.

We made it to Duluth by 1:30 PM covering almost 150 miles (240 kms) in 2 and a half hours straight. We didn’t stop anywhere on our way to Duluth. The drive till Duluth was just beautiful and scenic due to the fall colors. Trust me guys it was totally a bliss to drive there. You can see the pics below and then imagine that all around you.
So after reaching Duluth we had our lunch at Subway and then left for our first destination North Shore (Lake Superior). It’s a drive by the shore line and is again beautiful and nature at its best. So the places that we decided to visit were:
North Shore (Lake Superior)
Gooseberry Falls State Park
Split Rock Light House
Rose Garden.

Well I guess that’s enough typing and now is the time for pictures.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

These pics are from the North Shore on Lake Superior.

Lake Superior: So here are a few details about the Lake Superior and trust me some of them are just amazing to know.
It is the third largest lake in the world and the largest freshwater lake by surface area. It’s surface area covers 31,700 square miles (82,170 kms), “I know that is damm big area”.

Now talking about the volume of water that this lake contains, well the lake has Three Quadrillion gallons (11.4 quadrillion Liters) of water. Which is enough to cover north and south America with a foot of water.

Also this lake holds 10% of earth’s fresh surface water.

And due to it’s vast size and position within the continent LakeSuperior affects climate, habitats, landscapes and human activity far beyond its water and shoreline.

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

Just see how crystal clear is the water in this lake
DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

Thread Starter #6
That's me[;)]
DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0409.jpg

That's my ride in red, taking some rest[sleep]
DSCN0410.jpg

Well as of right now enjoy these pic guys will upload the remaining one's tomorrow. Have a meeting early morning so gotta go to bed.

Thread Starter #7
Wow! yet another travelogue. You are crunching miles and miles in US. Looking forward for great set of pictures that you will have.
Just off topic are you settled in US?
Thanks buddy[:)]

And i am not settled in US and have no plans to do so either[;)]

Thread Starter #8
Sorry guys for the delay. This new job is keeping me too busy, anyways here are more pics from the trip.

This was parked next to my car when we came back from the north shore.
DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

Now all the following pics are from Gooseberry Falls State Park which was around 25-30 miles (roughly 45-50kms) drive from North Shore.
DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

Thread Starter #10
DSCN0439.jpg

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

These pics are from the Split Rock Light House which was another 20 some Kilometers from the State Park.
DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

I don't know, How I missed your thread[frustration]

Excellent Pics Buddy, Your Pics are the visual treat to our eyes.

If you have more, Post it soon.

Top Bottom