Weekend Tour Near by Kolkata

Thread Starter #1
Hi.....I am very new to this forum.Can any one suggest me some nearby weekend spot from kolkata except digha,mandarmoni,shankarpur.

Regards

Try Panchalineshwar Orissa. Its a 4hr journey about 275kms. I did it in Feb in my Jazz & the roads were superb. You coul also consider Shantiniketan which is closer home.

Try Garpanchokot. It is in Durgapur / Assansol belt. But it might be hot. Bakkhali is a sea side about 120 km from Kol. If you want village stay types try Monchasha in Paushi village near Contai 130 km from Kolkata.

@ SwiftKolkata - welcome to TAI. You can try BABLi for week end tour. It is near Shantiniketan. Booking can be done online with the help of net banking system. You can also think of 'Burundi' near Asansol. You can try Tajpur though it is in the line of Mandarmoni.

Thanks for sharing such useful information. And kolkata is metro and beautiful city. Britisher has spend lot of time on this and given much to make it better from other place. You can see the development of that time also. I love this place........

Hello Friends, Can you advice me about the road condition from kolkata to Shantiniketan during this monsoon Also pl suggest route to Shantiniketan via road from kolkata(north). I would like visit the place driving my car.

Can you advice me about the road condition from kolkata to Shantiniketan during this monsoon Also pl suggest route to Shantiniketan via road from kolkata(north). I would like visit the place driving my car.
Since I am not sure where you like to stay at Shantiniketan, I am showing the route almost up to the main bus stand. Please refrain from going by the road near the Bolpur station area and try to follow this route.

I went to Santiniketan nearly 2 years back and the roads were very good. Also agree with Rahul that you should try avoid the road that goes by the side of the station, specially when a train comes in. On other times its OK.
Also another problem I faced that during monsoon (I went in Aug 2012), some of the underpasses (road under a railway bridge) are totally flooded due to rains. Water seem to accumulate there even though surrounding area may be dry as bone. The water can come up to your bonnet in some cases . At places like this there are alternate smaller roads you may need to take and then again join the highway. Mostly locals do a good job of guiding. Again that was 2 years ago, so probably now conditions should be much better.
I stayed in a homestay (Sonajhuri) and would prefer it over any hotel specially if you are travelling with children.

Top Bottom