Weekend Relaxation at Dapoli, Ratnagiri, Maharastra

Thread Starter #1
Just had a small trip to Dapoli, Ratnagiri. Place is very well known for the beautiful beaches it have.

Total Distance from Mumbai (Kandivali) : Approx. 250 KMs.
Place of staying : Whiistling Palm Beach Resort. The rooms in hotel were very good. Spacious and clean. The room we booked was Deluxe room AC. The tariff for the same was Rs.3300 per day. More Details here.

Actually, the beach we went was karde, which is few KMs away from Dapoli. The beaches were clean and no rubbish here and there. Sea water was clean as well, we can see ocean floor clearly. [clap] . The road from Mumbai to Dapoli is nto that good, with lotz of bad patches with potholes and half constructed road. It tooks 6 hours to reach there, and while coming back it took me 8 hours. 2 hours more is because of the traffic. [frustration]

Pics for you all to enjoy the beauty of the nature.

DSC03475 (Custom).JPG

DSC03485 (Custom).JPG

DSC03488 (Custom).JPG

DSC03490 (Custom).JPG

DSC03491 (Custom).JPG

DSC03492 (Custom).JPG

DSC03495 (Custom).JPG

DSC03496 (Custom).JPG

DSC03497 (Custom).JPG

DSC03501 (Custom).JPG

DSC03502 (Custom).JPG

DSC03503 (Custom).JPG

DSC03504 (Custom).JPG

DSC03505 (Custom).JPG

DSC03506 (Custom).JPG

DSC03507 (Custom).JPG

DSC03508 (Custom).JPG

DSC03518 (Custom).JPG

DSC03520 (Custom).JPG

DSC03525 (Custom).JPG

DSC03526 (Custom).JPG

DSC03527 (Custom).JPG

DSC03528 (Custom).JPG

DSC03529 (Custom).JPG

DSC03534 (Custom).JPG

Last edited:
Nice pics,
It must be fun to drive experience for you, especially in Kashedi ghat section with punto.

The car looks awesome in that color.
I visit murud beach which is also near Karde beach, I prefer to take the Pune banglore highway, mahableshwar, poladpur khed dapoli route to avoid tortuous Goa mumbai highway.

In the evening, I enjoy sea food shopping at Harnai port. Fresh sea food, and konkani vegetarian food, fanas poli, wadis etc are mouth watering .And the hotels there are not only sea facing but also beach touching. So we enjoy beach drive and walk in the night also.

BTW, how is sea food availability at Karde, Are there any eateries, or one has to depend on the same hotel?

Last edited:
Hello Dharmesh Sir,
Nice pics i too was in dapoli last week. The most i like about Dapoli is Fresh Fish (Harnai) n calm beaches on weekdays.
Last weekend we enjoyed a lot, but the food was not that great. Missed the regular Resort
this time as it was booked.

a suggestion maybe a google map snapshot next time for the travelogue. to educate the route taken.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Nice pics,
It must be fun to drive experience for you, especially in Kashedi ghat section with punto.

The car looks awesome in that color.
I visit murud beach which is also near Karde beach, I prefer to take the Pune banglore highway, mahableshwar, poladpur khed dapoli route to avoid tortuous Goa mumbai highway.

In the evening, I enjoy sea food shopping at Harnai port. Fresh sea food, and konkani vegetarian food, fanas poli, wadis etc are mouth watering .And the hotels there are not only sea facing but also beach touching. So we enjoy beach drive and walk in the night also.

BTW, how is sea food availability at Karde, Are there any eateries, or one has to depend on the same hotel?
Yes, it was indeed great experience, food was quite OK, as we had lunch and dinner in same place where we stayed. And did not have any non veg food as Navratri is going on, so was pure veggie. And yes the hotel was beach touching. Get down from hotel and it is beach. The view from balcony was also great. On Sunday morning, we placed chairs in balcony and had tea and breakfast. Was so great. Next time we are planning for staying more days there. And will try to visit other beaches as well. [:D]

Hello Dharmesh Sir,
Nice pics i too was in dapoli last week. The most i like about Dapoli is Fresh Fish (Harnai) n calm beaches on weekdays.
Last weekend we enjoyed a lot, but the food was not that great. Missed the regular Resort
this time as it was booked.
That's the best part, beaches are clam and clean, and at night you can hear the waves sound, feels so much heaven like. [clap]

a suggestion maybe a google map snapshot next time for the travelogue. to educate the route taken.
That's the route we have taken. Going via Pune for us Mumbaikars would have been longer route, but I think would have taken same time . [lol]

For vegetarian food, Diveagar is better place, but sadly there are no beach touching or facing resorts.

Route via pune is less tortuous and we need not bother about traffic coming from opp.direction.

Thread Starter #12
Bets part of the trip is, that we used Google maps with voice navigation in my wife's sony xperia. It guided us at every moment. and also lady within gave us exactly where to turn and it was so good that we dont have to stop to ask any locals and no time waste by taking wrong turns. [clap]

When we visited dapoli ,murud ,harnai, beach last summer, Our gps suffered due to lack of network (idea), hence we suffered a lot . There were 2 cars in which our family was traveling, we could not even talk with each other after we reached near murud. It took four hrs. to find each other there after.

Thread Starter #14
The good thing with Android phone GPS is that, it will download all routing data in first attempt only and then it all depends on GPS satellite. There were incidents where, there was no mobile network, but GPS was working brilliant.

The good thing with Android phone GPS is that, it will download all routing data in first attempt only and then it all depends on GPS satellite. There were incidents where, there was no mobile network, but GPS was working brilliant.
Super super super pics man , but do we get non- veg food there ? The pic in which building is seen is the hotel ?

Top Bottom