Weekend Getaways!

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
Its been a scintillating month, of owning my beast and driving him, has been a breeze [;)]. Maneuvering in this b'lore traffic has not been a problem at all and even though its usually 2nd & 3rd gear, he runs for 12Kms/ltr. However, ever since I took him out on the highway, it was tempting to drive more & more. Following are the list of places I visited in the past month.

Kanva Reservoir :

1. Distance : Around 80Kms
2. Road condition : Good
3. Time : Approx. 2hrs
4. Route : Mysore Road -> Ramanagara. You'll come across a fly over. (Dont take the fly over). Take a 'U' turn, before the Fly over and turn left, head 8 Kms. The pics I posted in my ownership review, were taken there, so not posting them again.

Horsely Hills :

1. Distance : Around 180Kms
2. Road Condition : Good till Hosakote. Then its a State HW, but can manage around 80-90Kms/hr. The road b/w Chintamani and Madanapalle is awesome.
3. Time : 3 & 1/2 hrs (with brkfst and tea brks)
4. Route : Take the Old Madras road (K.R.Puram Hanging bridge) -> Hosakote (There is absolutely no sign anywhere and even the good old 'Arch' has been removed, so its ideal to ask). Take a left and head towards Chintamani -> Madanapalle -> Horsely Hills

Pics :

DSCN6085.jpg

DSCN6105.jpg

DSCN6132.jpg

DSCN6157.jpg

Manchinabali dam :

1. Distance : Around 50Kms
2. Road Condition : Mysore Road
3. Time : 1 hour
4. Route : Mysore Road -> Drive for a couple of kms after the Nice Road Flyover. Take a right near the Dental college and there is a sign board that reads 'Big Banyan Tree'. Ask for directions, as there are not any sign boards

Pics :

DSCN6176.jpg

DSCN6235.jpg

DSCN6265.jpg

DSCN6194.jpg

Elagiri :

1. Distance : Around 190 Kms
2. Road Condition : Excellent
3. Time : 3 hours
4. Route : Take the Silk board Flyover -> Krishnagiri -> Take Left towards the Chennai Road (Guess its NH46) -> Drive for about 50Kms -> On the left there is a Vani Metriculation School -> Take a left and then 'U' turn towards Elagiri.

The place is not the greatest, but the drive will make you forget everything else [;)]. I'll post the pics tomorrow.

Have done about 2000 Kms and i'm already feeling nostalgic [lol]

So a bunch of reservoirs and dams you have visited Avinash.
Yes once you sit on driver seat you are tempted more to drive.
Even i feel the same.
Keep on touring.
Cheers!!!!

Glad to know you are enjoying the car buddy!

And the pictures taken in Horsely hills are amazing! I have visited Horsely hills and Elagiri when i was a small kid.

And if you want to drive more , come over to Chennai! We will enjoy your car together here![lol]

350Z

Core Team
Avindu, that was a short and sweet travel update with your beast, and pictures are really scenic too. Good know that you are enjoying at fullest, Wishing more happy miles in the times to come! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys! Yes, it is such a pleasure to drive the Scorp [;)] Wish there was a highway to ITPL from Banshankari :D, so I can avoid everyday traffic [lol] .. Planning for a trip this weekend.. will post a review if things go according to the plan.

Query

Guys,

I'm planning for a 1 day trip this saturday. Please give me some suggestions to some places that I can visit around 150Kms from Bangalore.

Here are the places that I've already been to, so need suggestions to some other places.

Hogenekal - already visited
Mekkedattu - already visited
Kanva Reservoir - already visited
Shivanasamudra - already visited
Belur and Halebidu - already visited
Nandi hills - already visited
Lepakshi - already visited

Want some place such that I can leave around 7AM and be back by 7PM at max.

TIA

Guys,

I'm planning for a 1 day trip this saturday. Please give me some suggestions to some places that I can visit around 150Kms from Bangalore.

Here are the places that I've already been to, so need suggestions to some other places.

TIA
Sorry for OT Avinash.
Nikhil how about visit to Kotilingeshwara near Kolar.
Check this for complete info: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...m-centre-kotilingeshwara-kolar-karnataka.html

Good thread.. Not sure why this is not active off late..

Last weekend, I went to Nrityagram and the Taj Kuteeram near Hesaraghatta. Very good place for a calm and peaceful outing.

Wanted to check if Shravanabelogola is something which can be planned for a day trip? Any one who has done this before??

Thanks a lot guys! Yes, it is such a pleasure to drive the Scorp [;)] Wish there was a highway to ITPL from Banshankari :D, so I can avoid everyday traffic [lol] .. Planning for a trip this weekend.. will post a review if things go according to the plan.
Best wishes for the new scorp and lakhs of kms to drive [clap]. The pictures posted are really good. Horsely Hills - a nice place for a days visit especially the whistling wind and the pool at APTDC.

Are you planing for a Leh trip with the new scorp?

Re: Query

Guys,

TIA
You can consider -
Yercaud
BR Hills
Kolli Malai

Good thread.. Not sure why this is not active off late..

Last weekend, I went to Nrityagram and the Taj Kuteeram near Hesaraghatta. Very good place for a calm and peaceful outing.

Wanted to check if Shravanabelogola is something which can be planned for a day trip? Any one who has done this before??
Yes Shravanabelagola can be planned for a day trip. Last December we visited this place along with Belur, Halebeedu total in 2 days. Only thing you need to watch out is Bangalore-Mangalore (NH48) widning working is going on so there are lot of deviations.

I think, you can include Belur-Halebid also if you are planning to go till Sravanabelagola !

We went for Sravanabelagola & came back in half a day. Club other two places and you wont regret ;)

Sravanabelagola was nothing but climbing many steps. Nothing much to see there (except the historical value of it). I liked Halebidu more than Belur . More greenery.

I think, you can include Belur-Halebid also if you are planning to go till Sravanabelagola !

We went for Sravanabelagola & came back in half a day. Club other two places and you wont regret ;)

Sravanabelagola was nothing but climbing many steps. Nothing much to see there (except the historical value of it). I liked Halebidu more than Belur . More greenery.
Thanks, appus.. Apart from the ornate temples, are there any other attractions at Belur and Halebid that one should include in the itinerary?

Top Bottom