Water Dripping from Parking Roof Leaves My Rear Windshield Stained

Thread Starter #1
HI,
A week ago I left my car uncovered as the cover had become dirty and I had cleaned it.There was some water dipping from the roof which I did not notice.Next moning What I saw was that my rear windshield and my front bumper had some marks .I tried cleaning it with my Amway car wash as well as colin.But no luck.

Mine is a black figo and even a little spot looks very bad on it,so I took it to Minister Road,Hyderabad where there are a lot of Car accessories shops.They showed me some products claiming that it can be cleaned.But on trial in front of them I found out that the product for bumper worked a bit but product for glass/windshield was not effective.
The shopowner tried to take me for a ride claiming that 'the marks have faded and if you continue to use this paste and lotion for continuous 3-4 days,they will go"

Which I totally refused and came back without buying.Some friend suggested using diesel/petrol to try to clean the glass.

Can you guys please help me?

Thanks

I would strongly recommend you to go to some professional exterior detail-er like 3M instead of going for any lotion which may show their side effects sometime later.
More can be said only after seeing the actual stains.

Hi Saurabh, was it a case of AC duct water leaking or some distilled water? If thats the case, as Akash suggested do visit a professional exterior experts in your city and do not try any solutions on your own. Have noticed similar issues at my office car park and was told that the marks caused by AC duct water were removed from few cars

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies Akash and carfreak.
I will upload the pictures tomorrow . Also the water was dripping from a leaking water tank(cement one I guess).It was not Ac-duct.

I had a similar case with my car when parked at my apartment,its usually a white residue which looks like faded bird dropping at first glance,since you hav it on your glass i am guessing only time can help you as the mild stain is next to impossible to remove,you can try looking into one of those windshield experts etc,they mite have some answers

On body there is chances of removing.

On glass , no idea. even a concrete roof parked car has some stains due to regular washing by normal shampoo on glass. its like dried water droplet - another case same like this on a fiesta - parked under tree. the owner was working in a glass industry and he , himself said to replace the glass as there is no solution for that.

For the body buy a sand paper from 3M or wurth 2000 grade.
sand it using a proper wooden block.

once you feel its almost done , polish first with a rubbing compound.

Or simple - leave to reputed car detail er.

Last edited:
If it's leaking from the roof , it must be the stain of the rusted steel rods in the roof . Whats the colour of the stains ? yellow,orange or light brown ? there is a product used for such stains , it's called Rust Stain remover (RSR as we call it ) the commercial name may be "Rustolene" but I dont know where it will be available, just search the market you might be lucky to find one !. Have you tried cleaning with Thinner ? it is easily available and very effective. Do post us the pictures.

Have you tried cleaning with Thinner ? it is easily available and very effective. Do post us the pictures.
Are you sure of using thinner ?
i am afraid of using thinner and petrol on glass.

My painter uses brake oil in some cases to remove stains in glass - but in swift action and clean again with soap water and normal water.

HI,
There was some water dipping from the roof which I did not notice.Next moning What I saw was that my rear windshield and my front bumper had some marks .
What a coincidence... I too have such a spot in my Figo Rear Windhshield as well since last 3 weeks. I noticed it one of the days when I left from my office. Tried cleaning it and no luck yet.[frustration]

Visit any 3M car care(Viman nagar at pune is an option) or likewise, if u r yourself hesitant to try out - they have some good glass cleaning stuff which they anyway use as part of their filming business..

HI,
A week ago I left my car uncovered as the cover had become dirty and I had cleaned it.There was some water dipping from the roof which I did not notice.Next moning What I saw was that my rear windshield and my front bumper had some marks .I tried cleaning it with my Amway car wash as well as colin.But no luck.

Mine is a black figo and even a little spot looks very bad on it,so I took it to Minister Road,Hyderabad where there are a lot of Car accessories shops.They showed me some products claiming that it can be cleaned.But on trial in front of them I found out that the product for bumper worked a bit but product for glass/windshield was not effective.
The shopowner tried to take me for a ride claiming that 'the marks have faded and if you continue to use this paste and lotion for continuous 3-4 days,they will go"

Which I totally refused and came back without buying.Some friend suggested using diesel/petrol to try to clean the glass.

Can you guys please help me?

Thanks
Very simple and inexpensive solution. Same thing had happened to my car and I was wondering what to do. After using petrol, thinner, Colin, blah, I could not make any progress. Then I got Scotch Brite from the kitchen (the green pad thingy that the maid uses to clean utensils) and started rubbing it vigorously over the stain and et voila!, after two minutes of frantic rubbing, the mark vanished. No scratches on the windscreen either. Try it [thumbsup].

Very simple and inexpensive solution. Same thing had happened to my car and I was wondering what to do. After using petrol, thinner, Colin, blah, I could not make any progress. Then I got Scotch Brite from the kitchen (the green pad thingy that the maid uses to clean utensils) and started rubbing it vigorously over the stain and et voila!, after two minutes of frantic rubbing, the mark vanished. No scratches on the windscreen either. Try it [thumbsup].
Or you could use pure lime juice like in the guide given above,you can just rub it off with paper tissues,no worries of scratches or anything.

Top Bottom