• Mahindra Scorpio SLE

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mahindra Xylo E8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevrolet Tavera SS-D1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
A lot has happened in the SUV & MUV of the 8-12 lakh price bracket section in the past months.

Mahindra facelifted the scorpio & dropped its price.
Tata motors launched the GX version of safari.
Mahindra launched the Xylo with ABS.
Toyota facelifted the innova.

So which is you favourite in this segment? to keep the competition fair, i have selected the variants of the cars with similar price tags. I have mentioned the prices & variants of the vehicle below. All prices are in lakhs, on-road in mumbai.

1) Innova 2.5 GX - Middle variant without ABS - 10.58
2) Mahindra Scorpio SLE - Middle variant with ABS - 9.48
3) Tata safari EX - Middle variant without ABS - 10.17
4) Tata sumo grande GX FE - Top end variant without ABS - 8.87
5) Mahindra Xylo E8 - Top end variant with ABS - 9.26
6) Chevrolet Tavera SS-D1 - Top end variant without ABS - 10.93

Reason i have commented about ABS is so that vehicles without ABS like tavera, grande, safari & innova can compete in the same price range.

tavera & grande does not offer ABS in any variant whereas innova offers it only in VX which costs 13.22 lakhs. safari offers it in the GX which costs 11.27 lakhs.

Please cast your vote accordingly.

Safari for me because its really good to drive in city & highways.

Feel like King on Road !

And this is rock stable in highways unlike scorpio :)

350Z

Core Team
Raj, You should not have mixed the MUVs & SUVs in the Poll or you should have kept multiple choice selection.
Because in MUVs I prefer Innova and SUVs I would go for the Scorpio!
Anyways, If we look overall then my vote goes for Scorpio.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Raj, You should not have mixed the MUVs & SUVs in the Poll or you should have kept multiple choice selection.
Because in MUVs I prefer Innova and SUVs I would go for the Scorpio!
Anyways, If we look overall then my vote goes for Scorpio.
that was my exact point vibhor.

everybody knows that if i keep innova in another category, it will win hands down. after all, its the best MUV ever made!

the reason behind this poll is, when you are choosing the vehicles, mind you, you are choosing the variants listed in my first post. that is lower variant of innova competes with middle variant of scorpio/safari competes with top end variant of xylo/grande/tavera.

that is, if someone has just 8-10 lakhs, which is the best buy, based on price, comfort & features.

this is the reason i have listed even the variant in the poll.

It is Innova for me. I simply enjoying driving it than a Scorpio, it is safer too. Other than looks and power, Scorpio doesn't impress me and also i feel Innova is adequately powered. Xylo is good(but only for low budget), but it is next to Innova and Scorpio. Other cars aren't worthy enough, especially Tavera is shockingly over priced.

Last edited:
Scorpio for me.

Given a chance, I'll give same rating to Innova and Scorpio. Innova appeals to HEAD while Scorpio appeals to Heart and thats where it makes a difference. Practicality be damned..!

Safari for me any day ! That will be my pick for the poll. But if I am gonna buy one, it will be Scorpio, just because of the reasons you know for sure [:)]

Thread Starter #15
Its Innova for me ...Very stable vehicle at high speeds and it drives like a car.
i beg to differ here.

the innova is NOT stable at high speeds. the light weight of the MUV + Puny tyres + huge body means that anything above 120 kmph, the MUV feels as if its floating in air. straight line stability is not good & the vehicle wanders slightly on the road needing small steering inputs to correct your path.

the scorpio & safari feels far more stable & you can even leave your steering at speeds of 150 kmph (please do not try these stunts at home, i mean, car! i accept no responsibility! [evil]) & these vehicles still travel in a straight line.

yes, handling in the innova is altogether in a different league. in twisties, the innova with its superior body control feels far much better than the SUVs.

Top Bottom