Want To Buy an SUV / MUV Under Rs.8 Lakhs

thanks you RAJ and Singh ji,

i have been to mahindra dealership today but they have discontinued storm variant that churns out 97 bhp
now they only have Mdicr engine which only shells out 65 bhp..

should i look for scorpio lx version???
If you can afford the Scorpio LX, nothing like it. It comes with the FABULOUS and powerful mHawk engine.

Test drive the Scorpio with the mHawk engine once and you will fall in love with it.

If possible, go for a black colour. Black Scorpio with chrome alloys look mean.

thanks you singh sir,

i will go today in the showroom and try LX for sure,

mean while if you can help in the size of beifier tyres and other MODS
The Scorpio already comes with 235 section tyres on 16" rims. Maybe you can increase the width to 245, thats about it.

performance and comfort as i herd scorpio is not at all comfortable.
Performance - you can install a tuning box and bump up the power to 140 bhp. Not really needed in my opinion.

Comfort - Rest assured, it is much more comfortable than the Bolero.

some engine mods, some suspension mods if you guys suggest and the biggest rim size i can put this SUV.
Dude, you are buying an SUV, not a sports car. Dont buy bigger rims. Go for fatter tyres if you want.

I have noticed that you want to put the biggest rim size that is possible. Dont do that. Not only it looks ugly but it also causes stability issues, bearings and suspension failure.

if yu can please help with some engine tweek ups,suspension tweeks and the largest rim size i can fit to scorpio. and the fattest and the biggest tyre i can fit into that (i have seen fatter and smaller tyres on scorpi ,it looks like a MONK so i want tallest and the fattest..)
SUVs are meant to have high profile tyres. If you go for 17" or 18" rims, then you will have to put low profile tyres.

In Indian conditions, you wont be able to drive the Scorpio the way it is meant to be driven. ONE knock in a pothole and the alloy will break because of the 2 tonne weight of the SUV. Dont do that mistake.

If you are that keen, see if you can install 17" rims, but I wont recommend it.

It is always better to stay in stock condition as far as possible, IMHO. A car is supposedly a well balanced design. modifying a component disturbs the balance. Upsizing rim will increase your speedo error, and as mentioned above, might cause early bearing failure, etc. Fatter tyre will enhance your grip, but your mileage will reduce considerably.

Bolero is a very good and proven vehicle,if you want more horses from your ride then you have to stretch your budget and go for the scorpio,my advice is take a test drive of bolero it has oodles of torque.

Thread Starter #19
If you can afford the Scorpio LX, nothing like it. It comes with the FABULOUS and powerful mHawk engine.
Thank you RAJ,

for thies brief knowledge,(from were you have increased this knlowlegde bank)[evil]

will try SCORPIO for sure, by the way from were i can go and find tuning box in delhi(i am very well versed with city motor markets)[embarass] what make? and cost?

RAJ i have seen one suv a look a like of endeavour. Force One and that is huge.[drive]

do you recomend that

Bolero is a very good and proven vehicle,if you want more horses from your ride then you have to stretch your budget and go for the scorpio,my advice is take a test drive of bolero it has oodles of torque.
DEAR visran,

tried bolero yesterday evening with mdicr engine 65 bhp, but the noise is lot and pick up is not that fast and u have to weight for the turbo to kick in.[frustration]

and the back seat , i do not know what is hapening to mahindra and mahindra
they have increaded the back site a little coz of that yur head keeps on bumping the roof.

seen few very big problem in new model. gear leaver touching to handbrack very risky n hilly areas. or an were

i have seen force one will go and take test drive..

It is always better to stay in stock condition as far as possible, IMHO. A car is supposedly a well balanced design. modifying a component disturbs the balance. Upsizing rim will increase your speedo error, and as mentioned above, might cause early bearing failure, etc. Fatter tyre will enhance your grip, but your mileage will reduce considerably.
dear i agree with you,

but at times you want to break some rules (and that to in your budget[sleep])
this is the age of experimenting.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
RAJ i have seen one suv a look a like of endeavour. Force One and that is huge.
force one will cost you upwards of 12 Lakhs.

if you have that much budget you should then try the XUV 500 W6 along with the TATA Aria to get the feel of what you are missing by paying the cost of force one.

Yes,if the budget is so high then mahindra xuv is the one to go for.
One of my friend has recently brought this and he just keeps on praising it so much so that i have gone[frustration]

If your budget is around 12 L then you should definitely try the XUV and if not then within that budget you can get better models of Scorpio and if you are not crazy about Strome then you can even look for the current Safari. You can negotiate and get huge discounts on Safari at this time. And if comfort is what you are looking for then buddy nothing beats Safari in that segment.

Thank you RAJ,

for thies brief knowledge,(from were you have increased this knlowlegde bank)[evil]

will try SCORPIO for sure, by the way from were i can go and find tuning box in delhi(i am very well versed with city motor markets)[embarass] what make? and cost?

RAJ i have seen one suv a look a like of endeavour. Force One and that is huge.[drive]

do you recomend that
Thank you bro.

As other mentioned, Force One is expensive. At 12 Lacs, there are much better options available. So I wont recommend the Force One.

You get tuning boxes easily in Delhi. Dont worry about that. I will find it out for you. Price ranges from Rs. 20000 to 35000.

dear visran,

met with an accident at mussorie road on frinds bolero.
and got injuries on my head and leg.
so will be off for some time..[sleep]
sad to hear this.
May i know the extent of damage.
All said get well soon and take much needed rest.

What happened marty??How much is your injury to head?I hope and pray that nothing is serious.
Take good rest and get well soon.

Top Bottom