Wagon-R or K series Estilo?

If he is ready to change his mind then even i would suggest him to go for Chevy Beat. Though i havent had a TD of the car yet, the overall styling and the interiors has impressed me enough.

Yes. For this budget of 4lakhs Beat is the best option.

But sachin said he will look no further than Maruti.[roll]

Hmmm no updates from Sachin yet. We will be able to help him decide his car only if we know his budget. Quite a lot of models to choose from Maruti stable but everything depends on budget!!

Thread Starter #21
Whoa guys, quite a few reply in a span of 10 hours. Awesome and mind blowing [thumbsup]

I am open to Chevy as well, I was pitting for Spark. I love those round headlamps and tail lamps and the roof rail makes the car look cute. Not much of a Beat fan. But its hard to convince people from old school[:)]. There is nothing much you can do when "Maruti=peace of mind" is ingrained in you. Ritz, Swift is out of contention. Max budget is INR 4L on road. Considering LXI trims only.

Few pointers,
1. Didn't like A-star. My 5'9 frame is tortured in the rear, tried it out in showroom. And driving visibility is not that great either.
2. Yes, the entire MSIL stable is to be plonked with K-series. But when is the question. After a ride in WagonR, heart is vouching for both. I can't buy both. LOL!
3. Yes can wait up to march/april, not a problem. As my car (dzire would be delivered by then) would cater to the needs.
4. Uncle said we could go ahead with the present WagonR (25K discount is tempting). I am insisting on K-series.

Hmmm then well you could go ahead with the new Estilo with the K series engine. Otherwise you can also wait till the launch of WagonR with K series engine.

After its launch TD both cars if you wish to and decide on the one which your heart tells you to!

Both wagon-R and estilo share same parts .

so do will the new k series engine . the only thing you may notice is the handling at high speed due to different aerodynamics. But that must be negligible. Even seats in both are same.

Well, yes, the Wag R and the Estilo currently share a lot, including the seats. But the new Wag R is supposed to be a major makeover, so that would mean more different (and possibly better) features. The Maruti product plan anyways pits the Wag R a notch above the Estilo.

Last edited:
If you really need a car very soon, Estilo is the best of lot & fits in your budget.

Spark is really a good car which comes with 3 yrs free manitenance package! you just have to spend for petrol.

Else wait for few months for the all new Wagon R with K heart

350Z

Core Team
Sachin, Sometimes it is better to try a change. If you can successfully convince your uncle about buying a Chevrolet Product, then well and good otherwise my suggestion would be wait for the face lifted Wagon-R if you are a hardcore Maruti Suzuki fan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sachin, Sometimes it is better to try a change. If you can successfully convince your uncle about buying a Chevrolet Product, then well and good otherwise my suggestion would be wait for the face lifted Wagon-R if you are a hardcore Maruti Suzuki fan.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Agreed. I would also suggest you to TD a chevrolet. Maybe a Spark or a Beat.
Also after reading TAI TD review of the new Beat i think th car is really fun to drive.

Thread Starter #28
Agreed folks, the spark is also doing good. It is also one of those VFM cars. Just saw a Beat today, I didn't like the looks one bit. If I can convince my uncle for a Chevy, I am opting for the spark only. The rear seems so tiny, while the front jaw is so in-your-face styling.

Top Bottom