VW Passat 2011!!!!

Thread Starter #1

Arun

Suspended
Volkswagen's next-generation Passat is expected to up the stakes against Germany’s luxury carmakers, with the car’s designers hoping it will be mentioned in the same breath as the BMW 3-Series, Mercedes Benz C-Class and Audi A4.

Under the hood, a replacement for the VR6 engine will be in place, putting out close to 300hp (224kW) from a displacement of 3.0L. To improve mileage and maintain power, the new engine will also be using direct injection, while the rest of the powertrain lineup is expected to benefit from some form of forced induction as well. Other models will include a new hybrid as well as a high-performance diesel with AWD.

To give the Passat some much needed panache, VW will be pulling out all the stops to make the next-generation a technological showcase, with features that should have the traditional German manufacturers feeling a little worried.

Expected to debut in late 2011 as a 2012 model, the next-generation Passat is tipped to feature a host of new technologies, including airless tires, a wiperless window cleaning system, and an advanced user interface. There may also be an electronic stability system with a feature that automatically offers counter-steering assistance in adverse driving conditions.

One year after the launch of the Passat sedan will be the station wagon. This will be followed closely by a new high-performance model to replace the current R36.

Motor Authority

Pics Courtesy Motor Authority.com and carmagzine.co.uk

Attachments

If launched, It will be the best pick!

Very futuristic design & stunning looks.

Kinda civic headlamps :)

Thread Starter #3

Arun

Suspended
Yups! Looks killer. Resembles the Scirocco as far as the headlamps are concerned.
I'm pretty sure another 3-series is doing the rounds of the design stable of BMW.
As Volkswagen owns Skoda, I think this should kick out Skoda from India. I'm expecting the "Skoda is now Volkswagen ads".

300hp (224kW) of 3.0L,airless tires, a wiperless window cleaning system.. Man !

This car is surely gonna be costly [:D] But anyways looks stunning.[cheers]

Comparison between Skoda and Volkswagen

Yups! Looks killer. Resembles the Scirocco as far as the headlamps are concerned.
I'm pretty sure another 3-series is doing the rounds of the design stable of BMW.
As Volkswagen owns Skoda, I think this should kick out Skoda from India. I'm expecting the "Skoda is now Volkswagen ads".
seriously even i don't like the SKODA.
And the vw brand name would be more respective or majestic or whatever you call it[:x]

Wow this is great!! I don find much difference between the current Passat and Jetta!! With this new design the Passat proves it belongs to a different class!!

Thread Starter #8

Arun

Suspended
Wow this is great!! I don find much difference between the current Passat and Jetta!! With this new design the Passat proves it belongs to a different class!!
The Jetta looks like the Golf from the front. How confusing can it get?

2011 Auto-Expo will be fun. [evil]

I meant the current design of Passat suggests it belongs to the same class of Jetta but this new design takes it to a new level!! My personal opinion!!

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen has unveiled Passat Facelift, today at Paris Motor Show. Here are the latest official images:

3516939661864367747.jpg

1076660551419357077.jpg

11072890492120785523.jpg

9078786622029862255.jpg

12545119291456077351.jpg

12063538221658608465.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Can we expect the Passat station wagon or MUV here?

I wonder why all VW'S are looking similar from the front now! Polo , Vento , new Jetta , now new Passat! Headlamps slightly resemble the Accord and tail lamps of Q5. I can see a touch of Audi style in the design overall. Daytime LED'S will look stunning in this model!

I didnt like the exteriors though the interiors look classy. All thanks to the Polo'ish grill.
@Dhaya- I dont think the SW will mae its way into the indian markets. Even the Accord has an SW version in Japan since long but never came to india.

arent those pictures of VW toureg, its new utility vehicle.
yeah those new facelift pictures are amazing man, awesome.

Can we expect the Passat station wagon or MUV here?

I wonder why all VW'S are looking similar from the front now! Polo , Vento , new Jetta , now new Passat! Headlamps slightly resemble the Accord and tail lamps of Q5. I can see a touch of Audi style in the design overall. Daytime LED'S will look stunning in this model!
i dont think that VW will launch estate in this decade..and almost all company cars are looking same nowadays.. and no vijay thats not toureg..

Top Bottom