Volvo XC60 Arrives on Indian Shores

350Z

Core Team
Volvo is showcasing XC60 on the Autocar Performance Show to know the public feedback and reaction. And yes, the launch date has been confirmed as 24th of this month.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Volvo launches premium SUV XC60

LAVASA (near Pune): Volvo Auto India on Wednesday launched its latest offering for the Indian market, the much awaited compact SUV Volvo XC60. The vehicle offers latest technology and is priced at Rs.41.41 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) and at Rs.39.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The XC60 is powered by the latest generation D5 twin-turbo diesel engine and is the only SUV in its category to offer unique features such as laser assisted automatic braking (city safety), turn with steering lights (active bending lights), haldex all wheel drive with instant traction, continuously controlled chassis concept (four-C) and power tailgate among others. The car will be available in nine colours with twin-tone interiors.

Speaking at the launch, Paul de Voijs, Managing Director, Volvo Auto India, said, “Volvo XC60 is a perfect embodiment of our brand's core attributes of safety, comfort, quality, Scandinavian design and innovation. We are confident that in India, Volvo XC60 will give us a competitive edge in its segment.”

Volvo Auto was established in India just over three years ago and opened its first dealership in March 2008. In India, the product will be imported as CBU (completely built units) from the company's manufacturing facility at Ghent, Belgium. It will be available at Volvo's dealerships across the country starting this month onwards.

The company at present sells its products through dealerships in New Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Kochi and Pune. According to Mr. de Voijs, the company has just appointed a dealer in Coimbatore and by the end of the year products will also be available in Ahmedabad and Jaipur. Next year, the company plans to appoint dealers in Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata.

Globally, the Volvo XC60 has won critical acclaim and has bagged over 22 awards. The company already sells two premium models in India — the luxury SUV XC90 and luxury sedan Volvo S80.

Source:Hindu

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Let us us warmly welcome the XC60 in India which is an apt example of one of the most safety as well as luxury features laden Volvo. However, the XC90 is a bigger brother of same, but I like the design of XC60 more. The pricing is good enough, but somewhat close to the XC90, No? If today I had to choose an SUV in this rage, I would simply consider the XC60, which offers almost everything a potential buyer in this segment seeks for, unfortunately, except the snob value. Here are a few special pictures of the Volvo XC60's launch at Lavasa, from our friend, Jim, Volvo India.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

this looks so much bulky. if this has so many features, how many does XC90 have? [surprise]i have started lovin volvos. kudos to them for their concern towards safety.

Even i am impressed with the looks of the car! What is that automatic braking thing about in the third picture?
Dhaya Automatic braking is , As soon as the car detects pedestrian jumping on your way.
The car automatically brakes for you , If you fail to do it.
Laser technology is used here for sending signal & receiving .
This feature works well when car is in the range of 35 kmph.
If you are in high speed, it tries its level best to slow down.

Thanks for the video 350Z , this is really cool! But i guess this is a very old video when its still under testing!

But seriously this is great , i never expected it to be this sharp and precise! Hats off to Volvo , they give more importance to safety along with comfort and convenience!

great video!! such things were only in our dream some years back. these safety features can put merc or bmw to shame. let alone brand image..

Top Bottom