Volvo XC60 Arrives on Indian Shores

Thread Starter #1
Volvo XC60
volvo-xc60.jpg

carwale -
Swedish car maker Volvo Auto India has brought the Volvo XC60 to India as per plans. The car arrived on the Indian shores last week and has been handed over for homologation.
Volvo XC60, expected to be launched in India in the first half of the year, is the first vehicle in a new generation of the contemporary cross-over segment. The Volvo XC60 brings together all the safety knowledge the company has built up over more than 80 years – making it one of the safest car across all categories.

According to Paul de Voijs, managing director, Volvo Auto India, “As a concentrated step towards building our brand in India, in the first two years, we focused our efforts towards laying a strong foundation. The year 2010 is wherein we will strengthen our position further and the launch of Volvo XC60 is a step in that direction.”

Volvo XC60 steps boldly into what is the motoring world’s toughest and fastest-growing segment. Boasting an exciting mix of two car styles - down below the capable XC muscles are pumped up, creating a strong athletic body mated with high ground clearance and large wheels. Up above, the flowing lines create the sporty charisma.

“With the launch of Volvo XC60, we’re widening our model range to attract even more customers with an active urban lifestyle. This car is for a target group that imposes high demands on design, brand integrity and high-tech content in its choice of lifestyle products”, added de Voijs.
Volvo XC60 is charged with more emotive form and more energy than any other Volvo. The company has elevated its design DNA to an entirely new level by literally turning up the visual volume.

volvo-xc60_2.jpg

2009 Volvo XC60 9.jpg

This is good news for Volvo!! This is looking better than XC90! They should price it properly now which am sure they will!

But before this it will be good if they expand their dealership network!

350Z

Core Team
Whoa! This is great news. XC60 is the car to watch out for. Going on it’s great futuristic style and designing, It could even dent the sales of XC90. What’s the estimated pricing?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Pictures of XC60 Production version, spied in India.

Volvo_XC60-3.jpg

Volvo_XC60-2.jpg

Volvo_XC60-1.jpg
(Courtesy: Indianautosblog)

Drive Safe,
350Z

rear loooks so similar to XC90 and not great like concept but i like the headlights!

Arun

Suspended
The UGLIEST VOLVO[thumbsdown]

AGREED! It is very, repeat, very ugly. Looks like it is half melted. I'd puke if I see that rear end anywhere.

EDIT: On the pricing point of view, it looks like a segment slower than its elder sibling. Anywhere in the CR-V territory is K-I-L-L-E-R!!!!

Last edited:
am finding strange that you guys calling ugly..hope you know what ugly means. but yea not great looker like concept one..

I say - Fierce styling.
I'm in 2 minds. On one hand it looks like a melted XC90, and on the other hand it looks rather dynamic.

Wow Vibhor good news TAI has been invited well in advance by Volvo.
It might be a visual treat for you.
Looking forward to more pics 1st from TAI.
Hope to see some good snaps.

350Z

Core Team
The Venue has been now changed from Thane to Mumbai Intercontinental. Yes, I won’t be able to make it but the car will be showcased in Delhi too, next month.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom