Volvo Special: S80 First Drive Report

AMG

Suspended
Why did you guys not test drive the V8 version?
It is the safest V8 in the country.

Wow!! Another brilliant report by Team TAI. [clap]
Volvo S80's looks are not at all appealing like others for eg; stylish 5series or say even new e-class. Volvo should work to improve its looks and else is all fine and yeah, V8 engine is feast of pack.

Hey Zinam and 350Z great report again! The exterior looks very boxy and ordinary , but the interiors makes up for it! Where have you tested this car , in city only right??

Now with the presence of twin turbocharger how was it feeling?? Any power lag??

BTW you are very lucky to drive all these cars Zinam , i envy you![:D]

Waiting for the XC 90 report now!

I never expected that we would be reading about Volvo cars. Great job zinam. These anniversary surprises are just amazing.
Now to the review, excellent review zinam. Personally i had a liking for Volvo brand when i was a kid, due to the buses. When they launched cars, i just like every aspect of the car, including the simple but purposeful look or in zinam's words "enough to define its build quality and robustness". My favorite part being its 2.4l 5 cylinder twin turbo diesel. The review is complete and now waiting for the xc 90 review.

great work guys, Volvo offers best safety features and is too serious on safety for owners as well.V8 would have been best to read from you guys,nevertheless great work.

Good report and nice picture adam.
i like the boxy looks . The 2nd picture do remind of some safari lines to me.
I agree with pne of the post, the 40Lacks feel is missing in the picture. Must see the car in real for this

Thread Starter #25
Yes Ilango.

You can't get the feel of 40+ lakhs on pictures because of the design.

You should go in person to check the robustly built car.

Holy christ! how did i miss this thread till now?

a very interesting read zinam, kudos.

i liked this car a lot, it has got a much better dash & instrument console than the XC90. exterior looks are a bit sober but then the rear seats look so comfortable & spacious.

but then, again i would prefer the A6 over the S80!!!

350Z

Core Team
raj_5004 said:
but then, again i would prefer the A6 over the S80!!!
Not only you but Many people out there would prefer other models like A6 over S80 because these car makers are now much established in country and have a widespread network, Not this but their cars are much gorgeous looking as well. However, Quite simply Volvo S80 is the best practical and safest car one can buy, Also the huge price cut makes it ultra Value For Money. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #28
Thanks Raj!

Even if i have 50lakhs i would prefer A6 or BMW5 series :)

Brand & established network than volvo !

actually its not just the dealership but there is nothing exciting about the S80 that would make me want it, as in case of the audi & BMWs.

Top Bottom