Volkswagen will launch Electric Vehicles by 2013

I dont think an E.V serves any purpose better than a normal fueled vehicle. A hybrid is good though.
I agree on this. I'd go for a Hybrid vehicle than an EV. Hybrid is more practical. But i appreciate VW's effort to launch EV, they should consider Hybrid as well.

I agree on this. I'd go for a Hybrid vehicle than an EV. Hybrid is more practical. But i appreciate VW's effort to launch EV, they should consider Hybrid as well.
Its not just a case of practicality,but does it really serve the purpose and really save the environment? The answer is 'no it doesn't', at least for the moment where we dont have enough wind turbines or solar power generating stations which do not create emissions.
People and manufacturers say 'electric cars run on electricity and hence it has no emissions,and so its good for the environment',but there is a problem. Where does the electricity come from? Hydro electric power stations? No not always. A major part of the electricity we use come from thermal power stations, which again run on coal and is more harmful when it comes to the issue of emissions. And at the current pace of development, power demands and climatic changes, we are looking at a phase where there will be not much hydro-electricity to be tapped in. So we might be using E.Vs which will have to run on electricity generated by nuclear or thermal power stations which will be a greater environmental threat than running Hybrid cars or normal cars.
So I guess E.Vs are not the way to go and is not the answer.

Top Bottom