Volkswagen Vento: Technical Problems & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi I'm Alan from Bangalore. I have VW Vento Highline Petrol. The first problem i found was loosing more coolant day by day with only 4919 Kms done. If i haven't checked my car and kept on driving keepin in mind that its a new lovely car then coolant would have been emptied and due to no coolant it might have caught fire or something may have happened.

Soon i called VW road assist the next day morning while i was at home with my car and explained the problem...hey came at evening and towed it to VW Downtown Bangalore. when my car reached service center again i got a call by Technician and inquired me about the problem. He checked everything and said he's not able to find the problem and he asked me to wait for another one day and that day evening i got my car back. He gave me a Invoice.
Its description was : Coolant pump removed + reinstalled = total 424/- INR
water pump with ADHE: total: 5173/- INR
Coolant additive,Plus- : Total: 402/-

Total bill was 6001/- INR

Last edited by a moderator:
Vento fails to reverse

My aunt is thinking of filing a case in consumer court cos the Vento diesel failed to engage reverse even after being temporarily fixed 5 times by Downtown VW.Prob started just a few months after buying the car,you realize reverse does not work & ask bystanders to push your car out of a parking spot.In India its next to impossible to drive a car without reverse & in more than one case car had to be driven down 250 odd km to the showroom(without reverse gear).As for the showroom all i see is customers sitting with blank faces & the staff(well dressed i mite add) chatting away among themselves.If your a Vento owner & your reverse gear prob is not fixed first two times,then you need to be seriously worried.

Last edited:
Re: VW Vento catches fire!!

Speaking of fluid being lost..Incident came to my mind.

Hi I'm Alan from Bangalore. I have VW Vento Highline Petrol. The first problem i found was loosing more coolant day by day with only 4919 Kms done. If i haven't checked my car and kept on driving keepin in mind that its a new lovely car then coolant would have been emptied and due to no coolant it might have caught fire or something may have happened.

Soon i called VW road assist the next day morning while i was at home with my car and explained the problem...hey came at evening and towed it to VW Downtown Bangalore. when my car reached service center again i got a call by Technician and inquired me about the problem. He checked everything and said he's not able to find the problem and he asked me to wait for another one day and that day evening i got my car back. He gave me a Invoice.
Its description was : Coolant pump removed + reinstalled = total 424/- INR
water pump with ADHE: total: 5173/- INR
Coolant additive,Plus- : Total: 402/-

Total bill was 6001/- INR
Hi Alan did you pay for those components that they had replaced?
If not well and good as they must have been covered under warranty.

Last edited:
Re: Pictures of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Please worry not. if engine overheats the ecu shuts down and indicators show up in MId chances of fire and other issues are far less due to lack of coolant.
But as Mukesh has inquired above were you asked to pay for replacements, I believe that should cover under warrenty if not ,buckle up and get your money back from those day robbers.

why did you pay from your pocket its covered under warranty labour as well as coolant pump. and was there any need to add coolant additive? strange they did not charge for coolant

Update -Downtown VW is replacing the complete gear box assembly on my aunts Vento diesel(after creating a scene) where after 5 times over the year the car was sent to service cos of gearbox not slotting into reverse.They said they wont charge anything but car is yet to be received so it needs to be seen if things are rectified & they will keep there word.

Update -Downtown VW is replacing the complete gear box assembly on my aunts Vento diesel(after creating a scene) where after 5 times over the year the car was sent to service cos of gearbox not slotting into reverse.They said they wont charge anything but car is yet to be received so it needs to be seen if things are rectified & they will keep there word.
Wow that's a good move by VW.

VW may actually want to work on what went wrong with that gear box , so as to work upon the flaws, and to overcome it.

Wish your Aunt a trouble free ownership with Vento.

Re: Vento fails to reverse

Hi prasad, i too own the vento and met your Aunt couple of time. The worst customer experience in Downtown VW. No one cares for you. I had problem in my vento its still not fixed even after 6 months.

Hi prasad, i too own the vento and met your Aunt couple of time. The worst customer experience in Downtown VW. No one cares for you. I had problem in my vento its still not fixed even after 6 months.
Guys what is the problem you guys are facing, why don't you document the problem and post it.

Be specific and post your experiences, as others may benefit a lot out of it.

these new companies are very smart. they dont care about the customers.take an eg. when you enter the showroom they will talk to u very politely. they are like sweet poison. they will lie u in every thing in order to sell there car but lie u with polite voice and with a great smile. now say after owing the car go to service center with a problem and they will treat u like the company have given the car to us free.... complete cheaters. we need to have a strict law against the companies like these. infact almost all car companies doing the same beacause of our weak laws..... so guys we need to be more alert and fast in order to be safe against them......

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

My aunt is thinking of filing a case in consumer court cos the Vento diesel failed to engage reverse even after being temporarily fixed 5 times by Downtown VW..
i thought it was just me facing this problem.

i have driven skoda my friend's car fabia and laura as well as vwtest drive vehicles polo and vento . all diesel.

with skoda's gearbox i didn't have any problem but with polo and vento [anger]

actually the problem was i couldn't get the gear into first from revers [surprise] i even used both my hands and even the person sitting besides me tried . and i was shocked to experience this.

i said the same thing i said here , skoda's gearbox doesn't have any problem.

i thought it was just me facing this problem.

i have driven skoda my friend's car fabia and laura as well as vwtest drive vehicles polo and vento . all diesel.
with skoda's gearbox i didn't have any problem but with polo and vento [anger]
actually the problem was i couldn't get the gear into first from revers [surprise] i even used both my hands and even the person sitting besides me tried . and i was shocked to experience this.
i said the same thing i said here , skoda's gearbox doesn't have any problem.

What??[confused]. The vento that has been discussed about in earlier posts was a faulty one. Its not a common problem with either polo or vento. Both of them have got excellent gear shifts.
May be there was something to do with the slotting of reverse gear in a unconventional way unlike what we normally have below the fifth gear.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

What??[confused]. The vento that has been discussed about in earlier posts was a faulty one. Its not a common problem with either polo or vento. Both of them have got excellent gear shifts.
May be there was something to do with the slotting of reverse gear in a unconventional way unlike what we normally have below the fifth gear.
i mentioned i have driven skoda's many times and reverse gear is the same as vw's.

i cannot digest the fact that the test drive vehicles were like this.

Top Bottom