Volkswagen Vento Highline TDi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
The Interiors are looking cool when lighted! Looks like you have gone in for the lightest of tints. Can that vinyl floor padding can be removed for cleaning? And Where did you get those IND plates?

Good choice of number![:)]
Thanks a lot CD. Yes, I agree that. The interiors look really cool when lit. Since we have unpredictable weather here, I decided to go for the light tint.

You can remove it but kinda hard. Basically, you dont need to remove since the entire floor of the car is padded. So no problem in dust getting accumulated on the carpet. That's sorted out. No more dust since everything can easily be wiped from the vinyl padding.

Got the plates from Cochin. This is same IND security replica but without the hologram. This kinda looks cool when compared to the normal plates (like I have o my Swift). SO opted for this.

Yes, got this number booked two months back. Had selected 9595, 95, and 3535. Finally went for 3535.

Cheers.!

Thread Starter #19
@Ilango - Thanks a lot. Yep, similar to the Polo's

@CD - Just had a small test drive for about 1 hour. This is one serious performer. The acceleration is simply out of this world. I did leave few cars biting the dust. Looking forward to the next trip.
Will keep the thread updated on this.

Hmmm that's nice to hear! How about the steering inputs , handling and suspension at high speeds?

And hey don rev your engine too hard till first service!

Thread Starter #21
Hmmm that's nice to hear! How about the steering inputs , handling and suspension at high speeds?

And hey don rev your engine too hard till first service!
Steering is very light, handling is great (but no serious cornering as of now but stayed glued at speeds of 60kmph - tat's the max I touched since I didnt wanna to rip her since I have clocked only 350 kms). Suspension is soft and the GC isnt great. Managed to scrap the bottom few times. I think it's from the suspension base. That's too low..

Nah, only decent driving now. I think I will be able to finish the full tank this week. Once that's done I shall be updating with the feedback and mileage that I managed to squeeze.

Cheers.!

Thread Starter #22
1000km report:

Managed to clock 1000kms in 10 days. Here's the report.

Take the car to the highway twice for a short drive for about 4 hours up and down.

1) This involved 25% city conditions and 75% highway.
2) 100% AC
3) 10% of the travel was filled with potholes.

Here are my observations:

1) Managed to squeeze 19 kmpl during the 1st trip and 18.6 kmpl for the second.
2) Car carried 3 adults(including me) and 1 child. Boot heavily loaded.
3) I revved the car a bit during the second trip since I wanted to see it actual performance. I wasnt disappointed. The acceleration was tremendous. You dont really need the 1st and 2nd gear (expect for start-stop traffic). The pull from the 3rd gear is amazing. Even the 5th gear managed to do the same. One ANHC tried hard to catch up but left biting the dust. Even managed to leave a brand new Scorpio mHawk behind but decided to stay cool as the Scorpio begin to try hard tricks ;-)
4) GC isnt that great. The suspension housing is too low and will occasionally scratch the bottom.
5) Suspension is too soft so expect a bumpy ride on uneven surface. But overall travel was smooth.
6) The position of the reverse gear can test your nerves in city conditions.
7) All 4 windows with auto up-down function a real relief in Kerala (with highways covered with toll booths)
8) The chrome strip on the boot lacks quality. It's stuck using double sided tape. Both the ends have started to peel off now.
9) The windshield washer kinda shoots water like a mist (good thing - water evenly spread with great force cleaning the whole windshield, Bad thing - Temp blinding)
10) Tires a big disappointment. With these OEM tires, speeds above 100 km/hr not recommended at all.! Car managed to slide few times.
11) AC cools really well. Temp kept between 22 and 23, with blower speed kept at level 2.
12) MID provides lot many infos.
13) Speed limit warning - Useful touch. I set the limit to 100 kmph and every time i crossed, a warning sound will be heard. Something really nice.
14) Gear recommendation - Works really well.
15) Front door bottle holder - Hard acceleration will send the bottles flying out from the doors Happened to me atleast 10-15 times. This shows the tremendous acceleration of this beast.
16) Silent cabin. The cabin well damped from the engine noise.
17) Audio quality - Average, but good volume level.
18) Tested the cabin occupant sensor. Locked myself in (backseat) and asked my dad to lock the car. Just moved my hand (as if to make a call). The sensor did the trick and the alarm was on with headlights flashing, and the horn sounding at regular intervals. A button inside the cabin next to the driver seat can be used to stop the alarm.
19) Multi purpose key - One touch window open/close in the key useful in the scorching sun. Windows can be rolled down a few min before even coming to the car. Helped a lot yesterday during my drive. Kept the cabin free from the heat.

Overall, completely satisfied with the car and hope to continue the trouble free run.

Cheers.!

Your FE is should say is brilliant! You will get even more in full fledged highway trips! Is the car well planted at high speeds? How about steering inputs at high speeds? And also does the car jolt up when going over humps in highways at high speeds?

Rest all i am glad to hear all mini safety and convenience features!

Tyres if you are not satisfied , try changing them soon as you get good deal for relatively newer tyres!

Thread Starter #25
@CD - Yes, expecting some better figures since I revved her hard at times and still managed to get a good mileage.
Yes, I touched 120 and the car stayed glued to the road. But cornering isnt that great because of the OEM tires (apollo acelere). Steering response is also good but very light.
Ride is comfortable. Since the suspension is soft, the car tends to bounce on uneven roads. But when compared to our Fiesta, the ride comfort is far better in Vento.

@type-r Thanks a lot dude.. yes, very much satisfied

350Z

Core Team
Hi Naveen,

I know that it is rather late, but congratulations for getting home the Volkswagen Vento. It is a nice upgrade from the Fiesta, and good to know that as an aware buyer, you acted appropriately upon the delay of delivery. In my opinion, such kind of consumer awareness is what making the manufacturers to play a serious game, and not take us for granted anymore. Your car is looking pretty with the combination of white body colour and black tints. Keep us updated, Hope you enjoy every bit with your German companion! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #27
Hi Naveen,

I know that it is rather late, but congratulations for getting home the Volkswagen Vento. It is a nice upgrade from the Fiesta, and good to know that as an aware buyer, you acted appropriately upon the delay of delivery. In my opinion, such kind of consumer awareness is what making the manufacturers to play a serious game, and not take us for granted anymore. Your car is looking pretty with the combination of white body colour and black tints. Keep us updated, Hope you enjoy every bit with your German companion! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks a lot 350z. Yes, it was worth the long wait. Enjoying every bit of it.
Will definitely keep the thread updated when I have more news on it. As of now, completed 1000kms.

Cheers.

Top Bottom