Volkswagen Vento Highline Ownership Review & Buying Experience

Re: VW Vento Highline - Ownership Review and Buying Experience

Hi mari.parthi,

Congrats for your Vento. Very well wrtten Ownership review, sharp and to the point. Just like you VW is not in my list but after the test drive of Polo i was sold.

Congrats once again wishing you many more happy miles in this German beauty, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Thread Starter #17
Vento - First servicing and experience

Background and buying review:
After two years with my hatchback and with the petrol prices going steeper and steeper, we decided it’s time for an upgrade. The hunt for a new car started and we are more than happy to have zeroed in on VW Vento.
My buying experience and initial ownership review – I have earlier posted a thread and you can find the details here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...hline-ownership-review-buying-experience.html

I never realized that it’s already one year and that my car is due for its first service. My car odometer is reading 12300KM.

Car: VW Vento. Highline (Diesel)
Odometer: 12300+ KM
First service due in: Last week of November (1 yr OR 15000KM)

My first service is due on the last week of November. Having known about the service centres in Bangalore, I started calling Downtown service centre in November first week itself.

What I thought would be a smoother process to make an appointment threw many surprises.
Downtown informed that they are not taking service booking. There is renovation going on. They asked me to call VW Bangalore, Hosur Road.
Hosur Road service centre told me they are not yet ready and may take atleast 20 more days to operate. Oh OK. So what should I do for servicing my car? Their response – Sorry sir, we understand your concerns, but nothing can be done. Asked them to connect to their supervisor. He took my car details and told that when they start servicing they would call me and give appointment.

Called Downtown again, and this time they asked me to check with Peenya Service Center. I did not want to go all the way to Peenya service centre which is about atleast 50KM and going there is a nightmare. But no other option, I tired the number to Peenya. Hmm the number was not in service. WOW! I checked the VW website and the site had the same number.

Oops, now what can I do for the first service? Completely fed up, I wrote a mail to VW India customer care team. VW forwarded my complaint to Downtown and asked them to look into it. What a customer service from VW.

I promptly got a call from Downtown and they inquired about my complaint. Well I guess then there is some action being taken based on mail from VW to the dealer.

But yet again Downtown repeated the same story. I asked them for the correct number of Peenya. This time the number went through and Peenya centre told me since I reside in Whitefield, I can try for an appointment at Whitefield which is very recently opened.

That’s a very nice one to hear. I took the Whitefield numbers and called them. The appointment until November 24 was full. I was able to get an appointment on 01-Dec. VW has a grace period of one month for getting the first servicing done and so I have time until last week of December for my car’s first service.

Well hoping that my car’s first servicing will go through smoothly.

I will share my first servicing and experience after my servicing is done.

You can continue posting about the service experience in the Ownership thread itself.

Threads Merged.

Thanks Parthi for sharing your experience with us. I also own Vento Comfortline Diesel brought in mar13. Till i brought this beauty i was actually not considering this in my list of desired cars as I always considered it to be Expensive luxury car from VW stable but always had soft corner and use to see the car from corner of my eye and use to feel Jealous with owners of Vento.... but when my time came ...thing got organised in a matter that i brought the car in 3 hrs flat... I have checked all you can name.. ie Varnas, Manzas, Fiestas, Sails etc etc.... I am so damn Happy with my Buy... i keep reading alot of Negative reviews of this car which may be from the people who are actually not owning it... I have already Clocked 4000km and 1500km was done in 3 days only from Bhopal to Bhusawal to Pune and back to Bhusawal... This beauty was moving on road like a fish in the Water may be like Dolphin... I am in love..... i got the Music system replaced with full touch screen Nippon with Navigation, Bluetooth, good sound quality and good looking aswell. It is generally giving the average of 19-20 on highways with AC on (never driven it Without AC) and 15-16 in city condition... this is absolutely vibration free car some time difficult to judge weather its engine is on or not... coy has given a great feature that you can not crank the engine again...it can open or shut the windows and Trunk with the remote key.
Even though i am owning Comfortline not Highline... I am Happy with Feature given in this.. its pure Quality may not the quantity...
I think i am sounding like Company guy...:) :)...
I will write again how was my experience with in future... till ennnnnnnjoy

Thanks Parthi for sharing your experience with us. I also own Vento Comfortline Diesel brought in mar13. Till i brought this beauty i was actually not considering this in my list of desired cars as I always considered it to be Expensive luxury car from VW stable but always had soft corner and use to see the car from corner of my eye and use to feel Jealous with owners of Vento.... but when my time came ...thing got organised in a matter that i brought the car in 3 hrs flat... I have checked all you can name.. ie Varnas, Manzas, Fiestas, Sails etc etc.... I am so damn Happy with my Buy... i keep reading alot of Negative reviews of this car which may be from the people who are actually not owning it... I have already Clocked 4000km and 1500km was done in 3 days only from Bhopal to Bhusawal to Pune and back to Bhusawal... This beauty was moving on road like a fish in the Water may be like Dolphin... I am in love..... i got the Music system replaced with full touch screen Nippon with Navigation, Bluetooth, good sound quality and good looking aswell. It is generally giving the average of 19-20 on highways with AC on (never driven it Without AC) and 15-16 in city condition... this is absolutely vibration free car some time difficult to judge weather its engine is on or not... coy has given a great feature that you can not crank the engine again...it can open or shut the windows and Trunk with the remote key.
Even though i am owning Comfortline not Highline... I am Happy with Feature given in this.. its pure Quality may not the quantity...
I think i am sounding like Company guy...:) :)...
I will write again how was my experience with in future... till ennnnnnnjoy
Congo and welcome to Ventopians club topchi.Well,we too own Vento HL TDI 2012 pre-worshipped version since 3.5 months and done 7000 Km.Car was 12900 Km after purchase and now,Car completed 20K Km today.I m getting 13-15 Km/l in City and 18-21 Km/l in Highways.

Great...... I am enjoying every bit of it just driven 300 km yesterday got ave of 18 km... more then average is the drive quality of vehicle. It was fully loaded with 5 adults and 2 children below 2years. AC was very effective, Rain sensor works like charm, Steering control awesome.
In this same Thread i request if we can share the Features of this car as this is having far too many good feature but very less understood or spoken. This is for all of us to learn from 1 and other.
As I know your all windows can be controlled through Key Remote, Instrument panel tell us various Averages of car, temp out side, Trip meter, distance to go in available fuel etc... the gear sensor is good.. though I am using camera also.
I Got ICE changed to Nippon Navigation which gives good sound, Bluetooth, Full touch, USB Play.. and 18 store able FM...
Great to see public reaction when it passes them... you ask anyone who owns any other Cars .. what he feels.. they all envy it...[evil][evil] ....[clap]

Top Bottom