Volkswagen Vento A/T - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Nice review and pictures Icecool! I love the looks of Vento and your car looks awesome! I agree with your points about the City and Verna!

But hey Maruti and Hyundai are the leading manufacturers and sellers in India so their A.S.S is expected to be crowded and packed with cars too close , i agree with you on the risk involved but they take care not to scratch your car and luckily till now my Verna did not get any scratches from A.S.S so far for more than a year now.

And Maruti is known to produce the most reliable cars! I agree with your points about TATA but Maruti they produce niggle free cars for sure but ofcourse lacks the brand value of a VW!

Can you throw some more light about the HU? Did you change it with the dealer itself?

Thanks. Yes, I changed it with the dealer itself. This way, there was
no warranty issues, etc.

congrats on your new buy.nice review too. i had asked vw dealer before i booked my vento regarding the 14" spare wheel logic. he told me that the spare is only for reaching the tyre shop.as putting on a fresh wheel is bound to change the alignment of the wheels.in india while on a long distance travel where the puncture shop if far in between this is going to be bothersome.better to buy a new set of 15" tyre to be safe.

And Maruti is known to produce the most reliable cars! I agree with your points about TATA but Maruti they produce niggle free cars for sure but ofcourse lacks the brand value of a VW!
dhaya , it seems you are following hearsy .
maruthi 800 was and is the most reliable car (blessings of simplicity) but rest of the maruthi sibilings are not so much. tata being next in the list.
as far as i have seen maruthi ASS is definitly the most reliable in india.
sure hyundai's are far better than both !!

Last edited:
Hmmm strange i am seeing my friends who are happy owners of Swift's and Estilo's.

And no , Hyundai's A.S.S are reliable but like everybody they also cheat! Will update in my thread , lets not go further OT.

Hey icecool, I had a question, what is the color of the backlight on your Nippon system??
I got the same system fitted in my polo but the backlighting is yellow. And it looks very odd in combination with other red lights in the interiors. Spoils the whole look.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
@icecool2010
Belated congratulations. Your car looks fabulous. Now extended warranty is available for polo/vento. Go and get one. Soon there will a AMC for vento too.[:)]

The hu plus 4 Kenwood speakers costs 21k ..
The Bluetooth capabilities are very good bt d sound quality could have been better (Thanks to the not so good speakers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Yes, I changed it with the dealer itself. This way, there was
no warranty issues, etc.
First of all congratulations for your new car.
Sir this is one of the finest reviews i have ever read, going thro every nitty gritties.
I booked a VW Vento Diesel Highline and will be taking the delivery tomorrow and will carry the checklist that you mentioned here. Please let me know if there are any other things that i should keep in mind before taking the delivery.
Sir i'd like to know how much difference did u pay for the integrated Nippon music system with AUX,USB and Bluetooth.
Thanks for the review. Looking forward for your reply.

@sid4501
Do start your ownership report with pics of your Vento TDI once you get delivery tomorrow. Congratulations in advance.

congratulations for the Euro car :)
You're probably are familiar with some American cars and some of these American variants too So My question is do you feel this car is bit underpowered with that engine or is that enough to suit the needs

@icecool any update on HU part you were buying new HU ?
@icecool : got my vento diesel highline, its a complete wow :)
can u please tell me ur experience with ur music system
(nippon ndc mp 9019 bt)
the dealer has told me tht he can replace my existing system with this one.
But m really not sure, plz suggest at the earliest !!

@sid4501
Do start your ownership report with pics of your Vento TDI once you get delivery tomorrow. Congratulations in advance.
@ashikawa: will certainly upload the pics very soon :)
by the way can u plz suggest me bout the music system.
the dealer has told he can replace my existing music system
with nippon 9019 but m really liking the company fitted one
except for a NO USB, NO AUX n NO BLUETOOTH !!!
wat do i do ?!

@ashikawa: will certainly upload the pics very soon :)
by the way can u plz suggest me bout the music system.
the dealer has told he can replace my existing music system
with nippon 9019 but m really liking the company fitted one
except for a NO USB, NO AUX n NO BLUETOOTH !!!
wat do i do ?!
Actually i bought the basic usb kenwood system from dealership, my car being a trendline. The system supplied with car is a good one except it misses some features like usb/BT etc. But what i feel that the nippon also doesn't look as good and finished as original one. So if you can do without these features than let the original one be there. Another thing keeping 4-5 CD's is not a big issue. Every CD can contain 100-120 songs of your choice. I don't think anyone can listen more than 500 songs on any trip. It may also be possible than VW may come up with some connector etc. for usb in near future as a lot of feedback it is receiving from the customers. You may also try to exchange it with replaced with IPL music system if available with the dealer. Finally my word of advise " Do not go for any aftermarket electrical accessory."

Top Bottom