Volkswagen Vento 2011 New But Old?

Is Vento Petrol 2011 - June Model a good buy?

Getting the below offer from VW dealer

1) Ventro - Highline petrol - June - 2011 model
2) 50k cash discount
3) One year insurance
4)Two year free service
5) 5 year - 8.6% Interest on 7.5L loan

I am struck between chossing Vento Highline Vs Honda City S Model. City S is coming close to 80/90 k extra and 12% on loan.

Re: Is Vento Petrol 2011 - June Model a good buy?

I would mention 2 things:
1. Discount looks less to me. You can push for similar discount on a new Petrol Vento too may be not the 50K discount. Try negotiating it further.
2. If eventually you decide for the car, do go for a thorough PDI and confirm it is not a TD car. You would never want to lay your hands on a car driven like mad! I remember having recently gone to TD Rapid, the SE took me to a highway and then to a service road which was potholed like anything. Then he mentioned to drive as fast as I could on those ditches. When I rejected he said, 'Sir, you are educated, but there are loads which come and just want to drive like this!'

Anyway coming back to the point, try a little harder. In terms of comparison to City, Vento is a decent car with a good engine. Nothing to lose.

go for the honda city S far better car plu's you will be getting the new 2012 model with all the new facelifts i was in the same confusion but decided to go for the city V model with the new 10 spoke alloys which look very good dude vento petrol is no competation with the city pardon me vento owners just my own opinion though drive both and see the difference also consider resale value after a few years

Vw was offered with 40 k free accessories/ discount scheme(tv, newspaper commercials) in last quarter of 2011, so bussiness at that time was low, now they are offering same lot cars with Rs 10 k more.

So rs 50 k discount is not a best deal, IMO, unless dealer agrees to give you new battery, new rubber/tyres.

Last edited:

2) 50k cash discount
3) One year insurance
4)Two year free service
I am struck between chossing Vento Highline Vs Honda City S Model. City S is coming close to 80/90 k extra and 12% on loan.
I agree with SSTraveller. Try to negotiate more. Though its not a bad offer considering 30k insurance and around 25 worth service and less interest amounting around more than 1 lac. I don't think just lying for 6 month may do any significant harm to battery/tires of a new car.

2) 50k cash discount
3) One year insurance
4)Two year free service
I think you are getting a good deal. Total discount is about 1.10 lacs.
1) Cash discount: 50k
2) First year insurance: 25k
3) Two year free service: 20k
4) Saving due to reduced rate of interest:15k

On top of this, you would also get corporate discount, if eligible.

However, make sure that it is not a TD vehicle and do a thorough PDI.

Top Bottom