Volkswagen Vento 2011 New But Old?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I wanted to get the vento over the city and opted for the 2011 model as they are giving 50k cash discount. But found out that the manufacturing date of the vehicles (am only looking at automatic transmission) is june 2011. Thats nearly 8 months ago!

Not really keen on waiting 2-3 months for the 2012 vento.

Should i buy an 8 month old "new" car or just get the city 2012 instead?

Will the month of manufacture matter when i sell the car down the road or is it just year that matters?

Is 50k enough discount for 8 months?

Will there be problems with the car (tires, electricals, etc.) from just sitting in the lot for 8 months?

Thx,

Vern

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Vento 2011 New but Old?

Buddy, I feel 50k is too less. My friend bought a Tafeta white honda city (2011 model) on 19th Jan '12. His car is V (top) model with Automatic transmission and he got a big[evil] 1 Lakh discount in faridabad. [;)].

I dont know the mfg. date of the car, but you can get atleast 70-75k discount. Try to negotiate with the dealer but if he still insists, get the city 2012[thumbsup]

I agree with Lxi, talk with the dealer and see if he can give you more than 50K discount and if not then go with the City. That's an amazing car buddy.

Buy this car only if you get a discount more than a lac.
Plus carry out a thorough PDI.
There should not be any problem with the car , unless it has been used as a test drive vehicle.

Thread Starter #6

Had the city before, so just wanted a change. But do you guys feel its normal to have a car manufactured 8 months ago which they are trying to sell now? I mean its a big difference in price - am getting the 2011 vento for about 9.8 lacs on road and the 2012 city for about 11.3lacs. Is the city worth thT much more money

lxi.

Suspended

its a big difference in price - am getting the 2011 vento for about 9.8 lacs on road and the 2012 city for about 11.3lacs.
But if you get a new city (2011 model) now, You will get a heavy discount (As my friend got 1L discount).

Is the city worth thT much more money
Yes, Ofcourse. The vento is low on features at this range. The city being 1.5-2L expensive, Offers New Sporty Bumpers, New Tail lights, Front Chrome grill, Sunroof, New Alloy Design.

@ vern, VW was selling 2011 manufactured ventos in the last quarter of 2011 with a discount [benefits] of Rs 40,000. So you are offered only Rs 10 ,000 additional benefit for for a car manufactured 8 months back/last year. Rs 10 k is a mediocre amount so as to compensate the resale value loss , a f a vw brand is concerned.
I think that you are probably , talking of petrol version.

Please read my ownership thread @TAI,' Got 9 month old manza,3000 km owner ship review,' so as to clear the various doubts related to purchase of a car manufactured long back.

Honda city interior looks are 2 times above vento, but honda city suffers from low ground clearance. Roads (bumps & potholes) in and around Pune make mockery of such a wonderful car. Recently polished and repaired roads (prior to election) will show its true quality during coming monsoon. So beware of low g.c.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

I think this problem has been resolved in 2012 city now.(correct me if i am wrong)

The problems associated with a car manufactured >6 months back are

1) battery quality deteriorate s due to noncharging in time , please find out manufacturing date. better to replace it at the time of delivery.
2) rubber and plastic life and quality deteriorates and becomes unpredictable, The most important is rubbers are tyres.
Tyre quality becomes unpredictable due long disuse, it gets hardened , leading to bouncy ride, leading to underinflation by user, leading to reduced fuel economy.

Such tyres are also prone to sidewall cuts due to hardening , leading to untimely change of that one pirticular tyre, leading to balancing issues, as remaing tyres are hard and old, the cycle continues.

Please find out manufacturing date of tyres of the car.

Door , boot , window , bonnet , plastic and rubber beadings get hardened ,may lead to
water leakages in monsoon, do not rely upon post carwash scenario. Also important are engine rubber foundations.

All kind of oils needs to be replaced.

Also resale value will suffer by 5 to 10 percent.

You will have to cleaverly find out wheather the car was used as a TD car,

please , take into consideration, the above mentioned parts , while calculating the discount.

Thread Starter #11

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I am going with the City 2012 after getting everyone's input.

Just a quick question - they are offering an extended warranty of 2 additional years and 4 years roadside assistance for 10K. Is it worth it?

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I am going with the City 2012 after getting everyone's input.

Just a quick question - they are offering an extended warranty of 2 additional years and 4 years roadside assistance for 10K. Is it worth it?
Yes absolutely, if your monthly ride is more than 800 kms or so, it is definitely worth it.

Good Luck and congratulations !! [cheers]

@ vern, what about city' s G C? It's really a pain to see City compelled to run at slow speed due to bad roads except the national highways.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
Regarding the GC , No problem(I also own one, 2010 one, and it hardly scrapes medium speed breakers, Just travel carefully and take the car in that way, that the Front/Rear two tyres do not pass abbove the breaker at the same time). Nothing is perfect ! [:)].

If your Monthly running is too much, then you shall go for the extended warranty of 2 additional years and 4 years roadside assistance.

Congrats. Which Colour? White?

Vento has a rear comfy feature, that there is no 'midline hump' in rear seat foot well, making the third [middle]passenger comfortable for long drives. Don't know about 2012 city, please enlighten me.

AFA city color, all colors are amazing[thumbsup].

Last edited:

Top Bottom