Volkswagen Polo TDI 1.5 Trendline (2019): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Section One: Background and Buying Overview

After crossing 1.40 Lakhs kms on odo and 2 years In my garage I recently sold my pre-worshipped VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline (DSG) on Cars24.com and brought home my third new VW TDI Trendline to Home from VW Delhi-West (World Class Automobiles). Lately for a month I drove my wifey's 1.2L petrol i10 for city drive but I finally gave up, since I want a small diesel car for my hill and city drives VW Polo was my obvious choice wish It comes with DSG.

No other car was considered since I missed my Explorer-1 so much in the last couple of years, I brought same color though Trendline this time.

Overall dealership experience was good with no nonsense deal concluded in one shot and less than 30 minutes, also my office shifted near to their showroom recently, got lots of accessories from them to name a few arm rest, LED headlight bulbs, fog lamps, music system, car dash cam, rear parcel tray and free mud flaps and foot mats.

Section Two: Initial Ownership Impressions
  • Exteriors and Design: No major changes in classic design I liked Improved rear as they remove large logo of VW also wipers can now be pulled without putting them in service mode
  • Interiors and Features: Same old classic design from Inside too which I found timeless and like very much, build like tank with couple of airbags in front and ABS which Instils more confidence in car. Now all the plastics are black and are given uniform look and feel though they are hard like previous versions.
  • Engine and Performance: Engine and gear shift Improved a lot I find 1.5L much more powerful and practical for user and yes it's butter smooth and fun to drive on highway, also steering and clutch is much softer compared to the previous version. Still on any given day I prefer DSG.
  • Ride and Handling: Comfort levels and seating position are good and adjustable to Individuals liking, NVH Levels are like tractor from outside which don't bother me anyhow from Inside It's Insulated well for noise and vibrations, it's one the finest hatchback to drive on Indian road.
Section Three: Good Bits and Bad Bits
  • Wish VW give DSG option in TDI as I am keen in purchasing diesel hatchback only
  • Plus points: Fun to drive, good average, tank like build quality, VW badge, awesome paint quality, overall product quality is unmatchable in segment.
  • Minus points: Six airbag option is missing, DSG option is not available in TDI, No projector headlamps, No premium tyre option.
  • For future modifications I might consider alloy wheels rest are fine with me till now.

I want to dedicate this thread to my erstwhile reliable & humble friend Explorer-2, my god what a lifetime experience I had with this powerhouse completed more than 10 state road trips, wish I can keep this car for couple of more months kudos to VW for making machine like this.

Jetta-1.jpg

First picture of this thread is dedicated to my Jetta (Exploer-2) taken from recent winter trip to Chaukori Uttarakhand

Polo-1.jpg

Polo-2.jpg

Explorer-3 after reaching showroom from yard

Polo-3.jpg

Explorer-3 smiling after reaching home

Section Four: First Month updates

Completed more than 2500 Kms and a month with Explorer-3.

I am still trying to adjust with my new purchase, currently on my Holi road trip to Kumaon first one was to Jaipur and Sikar, found the 1.5TDI far better than my previous 1.2TDI in terms of power and smoothness on Highway. It's more mature and subtle now but yes I miss my DSG.

Here are the details of some accessories Installed by dealer and first road trip pics (Delhi-Jaipur-Sikar), will add Kumaon road trip pic and dash cam details later:

Original seat.JPG

This was default factory fitted fabric seat cover

Rear seat-1.JPG

Rear seat.JPG

Front seat.JPG

Got these black PU leatherette seat cover Installed from CARMAN Paschim Vihar

Arm rest.JPG

This armrest was Installed by VW Delhi west

Touch screen.JPG

Touchscreen Installed by VW Delhi-West

Front lights.JPG

Fog lamp plus high & low beam LED lights Installed by VW Delhi West

Light switch.JPG

Light switch and front grill was part of fog lamp setup done by dealer

High beam.JPG

LED High beam

Low beam.JPG

LED Low beam

Rear parcel tray.JPG

Rear parcel tray purchased from VW Delhi West

Highway King.JPG

Sikar trip.JPG

Above pics from first road trip of Explorer-3 (Jaipur Sikar)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Hearty Congrats. I too love Polo for its implicity, albeit its crampy back bench, where hardly 2 can be seated in comfort.. Happy Drives and Safe Miles.
Thanks for your wishes Kumar ji, IMO no mid segment hatchback can match the comfort of full size sedan In terms of ride quality, for rear seat comfort or chauffeur driven cars I find full size sedan quite comfortable. Mostly we travel two passengers per car for long road trips this mostly is due to safety aspect and comfort as rear passengers rarely wear seat belts In India and we have mostly front airbags cars.

Section One: Background and Buying Overview

After crossing 1.40 Lakhs kms on odo and 2 years In my garage I recently sold my pre-worshipped VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Highline (DSG) on Cars24.com and brought home my third new VW TDI Trendline to Home from VW Delhi-West (World Class Automobiles). Lately for a month I drove my wifey's 1.2L petrol i10 for city drive but I finally gave up, since I want a small diesel car for my hill and city drives VW Polo was my obvious choice wish It comes with DSG.

No other car was considered since I missed my Explorer-1 so much in the last couple of years, I brought same color though Trendline this time.

Overall dealership experience was good with no nonsense deal concluded in one shot and less than 30 minutes, also my office shifted near to their showroom recently, got lots of accessories from them to name a few arm rest, LED headlight bulbs, fog lamps, music system, car dash cam, rear parcel tray and free mud flaps and foot mats.

Section Two: Initial Ownership Impressions
  • Exteriors and Design: No major changes in classic design I liked Improved rear as they remove large logo of VW also wipers can now be pulled without putting them in service mode
  • Interiors and Features: Same old classic design from Inside too which I found timeless and like very much, build like tank with couple of airbags in front and ABS which Instils more confidence in car. Now all the plastics are black and are given uniform look and feel though they are hard like previous versions.
  • Engine and Performance: Engine and gear shift Improved a lot I find 1.5L much more powerful and practical for user and yes it's butter smooth and fun to drive on highway, also steering and clutch is much softer compared to the previous version. Still on any given day I prefer DSG.
  • Ride and Handling: Comfort levels and seating position are good and adjustable to Individuals liking, NVH Levels are like tractor from outside which don't bother me anyhow from Inside It's Insulated well for noise and vibrations, it's one the finest hatchback to drive on Indian road.
Section Three: Good Bits and Bad Bits
  • Wish VW give DSG option in TDI as I am keen in purchasing diesel hatchback only
  • Plus points: Fun to drive, good average, tank like build quality, VW badge, awesome paint quality, overall product quality is unmatchable in segment.
  • Minus points: Six airbag option is missing, DSG option is not available in TDI, No projector headlamps, No premium tyre option.
  • For future modifications I might consider alloy wheels rest are fine with me till now.

I want to dedicate this thread to my erstwhile reliable & humble friend Explorer-2, my god what a lifetime experience I had with this powerhouse completed more than 10 state road trips, wish I can keep this car for couple of more months kudos to VW for making machine like this.

View attachment 255978

First picture of this thread is dedicated to my Jetta (Exploer-2) taken from recent winter trip to Chaukori Uttarakhand

View attachment 255979

View attachment 255980

Explorer-3 after reaching showroom from yard

View attachment 255981

Explorer-3 smiling after reaching home

Section Four: First Month updates

Completed more than 2500 Kms and a month with Explorer-3.

I am still trying to adjust with my new purchase, currently on my Holi road trip to Kumaon first one was to Jaipur and Sikar, found the 1.5TDI far better than my previous 1.2TDI in terms of power and smoothness on Highway. It's more mature and subtle now but yes I miss my DSG.

Here are the details of some accessories Installed by dealer and first road trip pics (Delhi-Jaipur-Sikar), will add Kumaon road trip pic and dash cam details later:

View attachment 258366

This was default factory fitted fabric seat cover

View attachment 258368

View attachment 258369

View attachment 258361

Got these black PU leatherette seat cover Installed from CARMAN Paschim Vihar

View attachment 258359

This armrest was Installed by VW Delhi west

View attachment 258371

Touchscreen Installed by VW Delhi-West

View attachment 258360

Fog lamp plus high & low beam LED lights Installed by VW Delhi West

View attachment 258364

Light switch and front grill was part of fog lamp setup done by dealer

View attachment 258362

LED High beam

View attachment 258365

LED Low beam

View attachment 258367

Rear parcel tray purchased from VW Delhi West

View attachment 258363

View attachment 258370

Above pics from first road trip of Explorer-3 (Jaipur Sikar)
Congratulations on your new ride, the Explorer-3
A small observation, i found the high beam unbalanced and low beam scattering on the left side.

Thread Starter #6
Polo Updates

Explorer-2 completed 50,000 kms and running strong not able to do many trips since last one year below are updates for the vehicle:

Update after completion of 45,000 kms/ third service:

Routine service with no major damages, purchased service value pack for two services again and find it suitable for the vehicle.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Below are pics from our Delhi-Manali-Sissu-Palampur-Delhi road trip (1500kms)

6.jpeg

Below are pic from Delhi-Palampur-Barot Valley-Palampur-Dharamshala-Chandigarh-Delhi road trip (1500kms)

7.jpeg

Below are pics from Delhi-Ahmedabad-Statue of Unity-Somnath-Dwarka-Ahmedabad-Mount Abu-Jaipur-Delhi road trip (3600ms/6days)

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

My dream is to see more than 5 lakhs on odo of my POLO :)

Top Bottom