Volkswagen Polo Sedan (Vento!) Coming By Diwali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Expected: Q2 2010
Price Bracket: Rs. 5-lakh to 9-lakh
Public unveiling: Auto Expo 2010

What you can see here are photos of the Polo Sedan on test in the Austrian Grossglockner. As the pictures suggest, the sedan version will sit on a slightly longer wheelbase than the Polo hatchback – unlike most other hatchback-spawned-sedans which we have seen in our country so far. A few weeks back, VW India’s member of the board of directors, Mr. Neeraj Garg had confirmed the arrival of a Polo-based sedan in the second quarter of 2010; the car that you see in the photos is the vehicle he was talking about.

The Polo Sedan is undergoing its final testing for emissions and fuel efficiency in the harsh Austrian conditions. Once that is underway, the Polo Sedan test mules will start doing the rounds in India for the final tweaks for our driving conditions. The car will be unveiled alongside the Polo hatchback at 2010 Auto Expo – which will in fact be its world debut as well. The Polo sedan will be manufactured at the Chakan plant near Pune and will be exported to the South America as well. VW is also planning on launching the car in the U.S. by mid-2010

For India, the entry level variants of the car will be powered by the same petrol and diesel engines that will find home in the Polo hatchback, which will pit the sedan against the likes of the Indigo Manza, Swift D’zire, Aveo and the Ikon. The top end versions will boast of bigger engines and better features to compete with the Linea, City, Fiesta and the SX4. The top of the line variants are also expected to come with dual-clutch automatic transmissions. With a wide array and engines and features to boast of, the Polo Sedan will be catering a wide price bracket of Rs. 5-lakh to 9-lakh.The car will most likely be named on the lines of various incarnations of ‘wind’ – viz. Hurricane, Breeze, Gale, Storm, Typhoon etc.

Source - Motoroids

350Z

Core Team
Let the Volkswagen introduce the Polo in India First.
It might be publicly unveil at 10th Auto Expo but I don't expect it to roll out before End - 2010.

RSM said:
Rs. 5-lakh to 9-lakh
Rs.5 lakhs sounds un-believable figure for the car of this design and size, That too from Volks Wagen which nothing but sister brand of Skoda Auto which is much popular in India for high pricing of it models. Impossible. This should compete with Linea and likes and my expected pricing is Rs.7-8 Lakhs.

Drive Safe!
350Z

I think the car would be quite a looker. It would be space, solid build, comfortable ride and good driving dynamics can be expected. Price should be in the Linea bracket.

By the way Good Goke!

No way VW is going to launch Polo Sedan at 5 lakhs!

I doubt even Polo will be priced at 5 Lakhs :)

Let the Volks Wagen introduce the Polo in India First.
It might be publicly unveil at 10th Auto Expo but I don't expect it to roll out before End - 2010.

Rs.5 lakhs sounds un-believable figure for the car of this design and size, That too from Volks Wagen which nothing but sister brand of Skoda Auto which is much popular in India for high pricing of it models. Impossible.

This should compete with Linea and likes and my expected pricing is Rs.7-8 Lakhs.

Drive Safe!
350Z
VW dealer told me thats its coming in Jan 2010 in there showrooms.

Even when I did the TD of Jetta, the excutive told me when I expressed that I will not be buying Jetta and have taken the delivery of CRUZE then he told me that VW is expanding the dealers Network and many cars are in pipe line. He even requested me to wait till Jan 2010 and then book the VW car.

Polo will be in the range of Rs.5 - 7 lacs

Last edited by a moderator:

Arun

Suspended
If a VW sedan costs 5-7 lacs, the hatchbacks should be much cheaper.

Awaiting a 4-6 lac Golf or maybe a Polo.[lol!]

350Z

Core Team
Rendering of Volks Wagen Polo Sedan

Secret New Cars have posted a rendering of the upcoming VW Polo sedan. Reports regarding the car claim it will be displayed at the Auto Expo in January 2010.

The Polo sedan will be designed to offer comfort to the rear passengers with a softer suspension and extra legroom generated due to the extended wheelbase. Engine options are expected to remain the same as the hatchback. VW might add one or two more powerful engines on the sedan, but that again is speculation.

The Polo sedan could be introduced in India later in 2010. It will also be sold in Europe. America is also on the car’s radar.
Source: IAB

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

5 lacs sounds really unbelievable. Then what price tag label are they sticking to the Golf/Polo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom