Volkswagen Polo Highline (Refresh) - Ownership Review

Thanks. Can anyone tell me what are the captain obvious mods for Polo? Apart from Aux in cable? I am also worried about engine noise. Is it really that much its made out to be on the refreshed petrol model released since Oct 2012?

How the search began

This was done within 24 hrs and delivery was promised in a week's time from booking (6th Oct). I was eagerly awaiting the delivery but it didn't happen in a week since the plant a Chakan didn't bill my car and was delivering batches of white's and blue's. 1 week went by, 10 days went by. Then my SE tells me the Chakan plant has billed my car on (16th Oct) and it will reach Chennai in 4 days (20th Oct) and i can have delivery by 22nd Oct.
Interesting coincidence this.. I booked my car (1.2 Petrol Highline) on the 7th of October, was also told that I'd get my delivery done by the 17th of October (10 days time), and then I was also told that my car hasn't been billed at Chakhan plant. I infact was asked for a second color preference just to expedite the delivery. Wonder what was happening at VW during that period [confused]

Thanks. Can anyone tell me what are the captain obvious mods for Polo? Apart from Aux in cable? I am also worried about engine noise. Is it really that much its made out to be on the refreshed petrol model released since Oct 2012?
Mods may include skirtings and spoiler, DRL lamps, new alloys etc. No one on this forum has tried race/performance chips but if you are keen, you may be the first.

Engine noise is what it is. Give it some time you will start liking it than a refined engine sooner than you would realize.
By the way, there is a damping sheet beneath the new polo petrol, which wasn't there earlier, which means that newer polo have lesser noise compared to previous. In either of the cases, one wouldn't find it bothersome at all.

Congrats on the Polo, one of the best looking hatches in the market! Regarding your MID, I think its displaying instant kmpl instead of average kmpl. You just have to toggle the settings. It's not a problem but a feature on the MID.

Top Bottom