Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Review & Pictures: Vollkommen Polo

Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Test Drive Review

For Polo/Vento TSI owners:

Volkswagen Recalling 1.6 Million Cars Globally to Fix DSG Gearboxes

According to the official statement, synthetic oil is responsible for causing short circuiting. This problem is especially bad in countries with humid and hot environment and where stop and go traffic is seen. But VW wants to fix every DS200, no matter the location, to "continue to ensure customer satisfaction".

"Within the framework of further quality monitoring in China and Southeast Asia, it has been discovered that, with vehicles with a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox (DQ200), electric malfunctions could occur in the gearbox power supply if synthetic gearbox oil is used. This applies in particular if the vehicle is subject to a hot and humid climate, coupled with a high proportion of stop & go driving," Volkswagen Group states.

Last edited:

That's a really bad news for the current TSI owners. VW always recommends to use synthetic oil but now when a malfunction occurs, they recall to change the synthetic oil. Now, is that recommended? And what about the performance factor? [anger]
Hi jihu123,
Here the culprit is GEAR BOX oil not engine oil.How does it affect engine performance?
Regards,
Aneesh.

Hold your horses people. The re-call does not affect the Indian Portfolio of Volkswagen or at-least not as of now. Maybe we can expect a re-call if they find troubles here too. But as of now, there is no re-call for the DSG gear-boxed cars in India.

Here is what Sindharath Vinayak Patankar of the Car & Bike show tweeted day before.

ddddd.png

Hold your horses people. The re-call does not affect the Indian Portfolio of Volkswagen or at-least not as of now. Maybe we can expect a re-call if they find troubles here too. But as of now, there is no re-call for the DSG gear-boxed cars in India.

Here is what Sindharath Vinayak Patankar of the Car & Bike show tweeted day before.

View attachment 116183
That's outright cheating.How can the same gearbox have no problems in India?Its just that here regulations are lax that Volkswagen is not bothered.This 7 speed DSG has given lot of trouble in many cars in India like Superb Petrol.Very unethical of Volkswagen.Mind you Volkswagen doesn't give extended warranty for Polo and Vento TSI.Anyone with little common sense will know why.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:

That's outright cheating.How can the same gearbox have no problems in India?Its just that here regulations are lax that Volkswagen is not bothered.This 7 speed DSG has given lot of trouble in many cars in India like Superb Petrol.Very unethical of Volkswagen.Mind you Volkswagen doesn't give extended warranty for Polo and Vento TSI.Anyone with little common sense will know why.
Regards,
Aneesh.
In some ways Yes, you can say it is cheating on there behalf. I agree, there were many cases of the DSG gearbox in Superb giving trouble till about an year back. But there were a few changes made and I'm yet to hear/encounter about a Polo TSI which has been here for about 6 months now of having trouble with this in-famous DSG gearbox. Though its surely not a reliable gearbox and VW not giving the extended warranty on it is not helping things either.

Though surely not a good news, but we can't jump onto conclusions. I guess we'll have to wait for a clarification on this from VW India.

Synthetic oils offer better lubrication and different temperature ranges, so they are known to increase the power band and peak torque. Maybe VAG found that switching to mineral oil keeps the torque just within the tolerance ranges of the DSG gearbox.

Hi All,
Volkswagen India customer care has confirmed that Indian TSI's are also included in the recall.This was told to my friend who has Polo TSI.It seems the dealer will be calling owners as and when mineral oil is made available at their end from Volkswagen.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team

Hi, bought a candy white GT TSI last month. Enjoying every mile on it.
I’m thrilled whenever I think about my drive of GT TSi. I can well-imagine how delighted its owners would be to have one in their garage. Congrats! Do share a review. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I’m thrilled whenever I think about my drive of GT TSi. I can well-imagine how delighted its owners would be to have one in their garage. Congrats! Do share a review. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sure i will post a detailed review on it, just need to analyse the pros and cons.

The car has clocked 3900kms till date. will post a detailed review in 10 days.

Things could have been better for GT TSi, Brakes are very weak, and power starts draining once its crosses 100kmph, till 100kmph its amazing but after that u can notice the engine struggling.

According to VW Hosur Road, Bangalore showroom, MY 2014 Polo GT TSI and Vento TSI are readily available, albeit with a price hike from today.

Top Bottom