Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Review & Pictures: Vollkommen Polo

Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Test Drive Review

Great review. Rated a well deserved 5 Stars.
Yet another design flaw. Hood release lever cannot be operated without opening the driver's side door.
Actually it's not a design flaw. It's a safety feature to prevent someone accidently opening the bonnet when the car is moving (and the doors are usually closed when the car i moving).

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team

Actually it's not a design flaw. It's a safety feature to prevent someone accidently opening the bonnet when the car is moving (and the doors are usually closed when the car i moving).
Thanks Peter. That’s correct from safety viewpoint but it’s inconvenient to open the door everytime during security checks just to release the hood.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That was an excellent review. No bias. I felt it as a pure review, all as what it is. Did a great job!
IMHO, it could have attracted more people if VW had released it in MT too. "most of us are taught to worship manual transmissions by birth", its 100% true, atleast for me. A performance hatch in a AT is a no no for me. I would rather prefer getting the normal 1.2L engine & then tuning it to achieve 100+ bhp. [glasses]

Slightly, OT: Official TAI Reviews are increasing day by day. Great job! It shows the effort members/moderators put in the TAI Family to make it a success. Feeling proud to be here!

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team

IMHO, it could have attracted more people if VW had released it in MT too. "most of us are taught to worship manual transmissions by birth", its 100% true, atleast for me. A performance hatch in a AT is a no no for me. I would rather prefer getting the normal 1.2L engine & then tuning it to achieve 100+ bhp.
Just use the DSG once and you’ll be smitten. Tiptronic makes it far more comfortable and superior to drive than a typical manual transmission.

Slightly, OT: Official TAI Reviews are increasing day by day. Great job! It shows the effort members/moderators put in the TAI Family to make it a success. Feeling proud to be here!
Thanks to you and other members for the constant encouragement. That’s what keeps us going!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow what a brilliant review of a brilliant car. TAI car reviews are getting into a league of its own, and huge credits to 350Z for getting them to us. [clap] This has to be the hottest hatch in the country and I don't see it being challenged for its crown any time soon either. Although Punto Abarth surely will give this one a ride for its money, but don't see Fiat bringing it to India anytime soon.

Agree with Jihu123, had it been a manual transmission with 1.2TSI turbo charged engine, the bookings would have been substantially more. Though no saying this car is not doing particularly well, indeed there is a 2 to 3 months waiting period here in Chandigarh as the production of the GT TSI is limited and at least they say VW has received a better than expected response for this sporty variant of the Polo. I am yet to test drive the GT TSI, and guess I will wait till the GTD is also available to compare. I don't know how much of an upgrade it would be from a Polo 1.2TDI to a Polo 1.6GTD or a Polo 1.2TSI, but surely this is one car which has made me fall in love with it again and again and again[embarass] and if the GTD with the manual transmission is positioned right alongside the 1.2TSI, it would make it terribly hard to resist.

P.S. - I am literally drooling over those stunning pics of the Red Polo GT TSI. Kudos TAI.[thumbswink]

IMHO, it could have attracted more people if VW had released it in MT too.
I think the GT is doing well enough in the market, I have been noticing lot of ownership reports on various forums.

"most of us are taught to worship manual transmissions by birth", its 100% true, atleast for me. A performance hatch in a AT is a no no for me. I would rather prefer getting the normal 1.2L engine & then tuning it to achieve 100+ bhp.
Who says the GT doesn't come in manual? It has option to use the same gearstick to use manually as well though there isn't any clutch pedal but once you drive the GT in AT mode, I don't think you will prefer to operate the gears manually, those are 7 in counting afterall and the DSG shifts the gear much faster than a normal human [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team

I am literally drooling over those stunning pics of the Red Polo GT TSI. Kudos TAI.
Give us a buzz if someone needs high-res version of any of our reviews images for personal use. The image quality here is slightly affected due to upload limitations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team

It’s a no brainer that Polo GT is an ideal car for modifiers. Pete’s realized the potential and introduced a performance remap adding 20 more horses taking GT TSi to the next level.

VW Polo GT TSi Performance Upgrade Pricelist:

> Short Antenna: Rs 2,800

> Tarox front rotors: Rs 32,000

> Muth Mirror system: Rs 16,800

> Performance Remap: Rs.32,000

> Bilstein B14 suspension: 1,18,000

> Borbet RS 17” Wheels: Rs 18,000 (Each)

PS: This car is equipped with paddle shifters too. [thumbswink]

Petes-VW-Polo-GT-TSI-antenna.jpg

Petes-VW-Polo-GT-TSI-headlight.jpg

Petes-VW-Polo-GT-TSI-BORBET-ALLOY-1024x682.jpg

Petes-VW-Polo-GT-TSI-rear-bumper.jpg

Petes-VW-Polo-GT-TSI-taillight.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow. That is one hot looking polo! Loved it.

Last week, I had gone to VW showroom & what they said about GT TSI is that the customers are craving for it. They have sold 30 units of them & the current waiting period is 10 months for the new stock to arrive since production is less. I'm surprised because it costs INR 9.3 lakh on-road here.
On the other hand, one of my friend said that VW will be stopping the GT TSI in the future. I felt that it is a hoax!

Nice review Vibhor. I loved every word of the review and each pic is just outstanding.

Here in Australia they have both Polo and Golf GT , The exhaust note of the cars itself can make you drool. Ill take pic of them upload it here.

Again nice review. [clap]

Fantastic write-up finally I managed to read it fully today !
Its nice to see manufacturers bring performance turbocharged petrol hatches!
Hope there is a nice niche market for these!

Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSi: Interiors and Comfort

Nice review of the GT TSi. Lovely pictures as well.
Believe it or not but EVM Motors, Trivandrum have kept me waiting for more than three months now for a test drive of the GT. Some stupid reason about something wrong with the alignment or something. So much that I've stopped calling them for a TD and have almost lost interest in the car.

Multi function display is certainly one of the best inventions of the recent times. One in the Polo gives essential information about the exact gear you’re running; otherwise it would be nearly impossible to judge considering the car is automatic. Apart from it, MID features distance to empty, average fuel efficiency, second trip meter (resets itself on each trip), average speed, digital speedometer (Personally this is the mode I was using); outside temperature and time taken for the recent trip (measured using second trip meter). Plus, main trip meter, watch and a digital fuel gauge. It tells if car is scheduled for a service too. However, there is no temperature gauge in Polo but a secret trick could activate it whenever required (More information in this link). These modes can be switched with simple tap of a button located on tip of the wiper stalk.
The link only tells people who have the old CL and TL models about how to activate the external temperature readings. The Polo does not have a temperature gauge in it's MID.

Last edited:

Hey 350z ! Such an awesome and exhaustive review of a wonderful car. Enjoyed each and every bit of it ! Superb pics. Am pushed to take a good test drive now !
Thanks for such a nice review.

Top Bottom