Volkswagen Polo Comes To India

Polo for 4 lacs??I'm stunned.
It will make all other cars in th segment a flop!
But VW still has a weak dealership network. [shock]

Hey Umang,

I dont think Service & dealership will be a problem atleast in Major cities!

But i really don't believe & this price tag will be just a rumour :)

The car looks superb. I really like that red color.

By the way till when can we expect this beauty to roll out on streets ?

German car maker Volkswagen plans to launch its Polo model in the first-half of 2010 followed by a slew of others, a top company executive said on Wednesday.

"The Volkswagen Polo will be rolled-out early next year. The hatchback version of Polo will be launched in H1 2010 while the sedan version will be introduced in the second- half," Member of the Board and Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Neeraj Garg, told reporters here.

"Testing of the Polo is going on." The Volkswagen Polo would have both petrol and diesel versions, he said.

Volkswagen has a 500-acre manufacturing facility at Chakan near Pune with a annual capacity to produce 1,10,000 units.

The company, so far, has invested around Rs 3,800 crore in the plant, he said.

Volkswagen, which at present selling two models in India - Jetta and Passat-- plans to introduce the Beetle and Touareg soon, Garg said.

For Polo, the company is initially looking at a 50 per cent localisation.

"To start with, we are planning to source 50 per cent of Polo's components from the domestic market. We are open for more localisation but it will depend on the quality and availability of the components, Garg said.

Volkswagen is eyeing cles in India during 2009, Garg said, adding as at September 2009 els Jetta and Passat, the highest number of sales has come from the former, he400 units of Jetta by end-2009 while the rest of the sales will b.27-million units of vehicles in 2008, while in India it sold 1,566 vehicles. increasing India sales with the launch of the Polo.

"Indiaible in the total sales of the Volkswagen. After the launch of the Polo, India' said.

The car manufacturer is also planning to increase its by the end of 2009, Garg said. "In the next two months, we w5."

Volkswagen would be expanding its network in cities like Dagpur, Nashik and Vijayawada, Garg said.

Source - Economictimes

350Z

Core Team
i agreee, rear isnt that impressive but as days go on, people get used to it and start liking it
There is nothing to get used to it. The point is that rear is absolute plane jane.
At first glance, The tail lamps remided me of an old Fiat Uno. If you compare Polo with i20 beside it, The i20's rear is much more stylish.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom