Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDi Review & Pictures: Playful Polo

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDi: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Thanks. Hope this review answered your queries. You seemed to be quite curious about the car earlier. Planning to book one?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes, It answered though not directly atleast indirectly. Always polo is my dream car right from the day it got released in india. Only downside now i see for it is the space.
I am planning to buy a car by early 2015 (Jan/Feb)][drive]. If there is no better hatchback released in india until then, i wil be going for the POLO blindly [:D]

Just one query, Is the ground clearance sufficient for normal usage?

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team

Just one query, Is the ground clearance sufficient for normal usage?
You need to be careful on sharp bumps / unscientific speed breakers. Apart from it, there's not much of an issue for regular use.

Drive Safe,
350Z

When I called VW for Polo,he said waiting period of Polo 1.5 TDI regular one is 2 weeks and OTR is 8.7L.And,waiting period of GT TSI is 2-6 months and GT TDI is 15-20 days as per dealer.OTR of GT twins is 9.5L.

Planning to book one or another Vento with TDI DSG or TSI.

You need to be careful on sharp bumps / unscientific speed breakers. Apart from it, there's not much of an issue for regular use.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the the answer. Will keep in mind. I would also try to check it with few different speed breakers when i do the test drive.

Hey 350Z,

Read on another forum that the Bluetooth connectivity is too basic, worse than a Figo. Can anyone explain this please? Or did I miss something?

Thanks.

Visited the VW showroom today. The car is TOO impractical (At least for me): The door locking system is weird, it needs the driver to press the unlock button before anybody else can open the doors. There are quite a number of "emergencies" for me after dining out :biggrin: 2nd thing: Horn does not sound when the ignition is turned off. Not much of an issue but thought that this needs addressing. The sales guy (who also happened to be working in the Toyota showroom back in 2010) sheepishly told us that it is so that the battery should not drain. And when I asked him (3) "I have read that the stereo system can be turned on even when the ignition is off?" He was speechless. And, apart from all this it is GROSSLY OVERPRICED. I know it is a really top-notch hatch, but c'mon. 9.07 L OTR in my city! And I was dreaming of GT TDi! I hope I can convince my father!

P.S. I do not mean any offence to anyone, I just expressed my opinion!

Last edited:
Plastic screw!

Hello,
I recently purchased Polo 1.2 Comfortline two months back and all things were going good till yesterday a screw somewhere below the dashboard fell (opposite driver side seat). All I want to know is how to fix this back.Here's the snapshot...
Regards

Attachments

sir you just have to press it in the location under dashboard where it is missing

sir and congratulations on your purchase of your polo the beast[clap]

Re: Plastic screw!

Ty Sid but seriously don't know where to fix it.. It looks all good under the dashboard!
I remember seeing similar 2-part plastic SCR in my Matiz. They were not used on critical assemblies but were used to hold paddings/claddings onto the door and boot lid. By probing the underside of whatever is in the front cabin with a torch you'd be able to locate where it came from.

Re: Plastic screw!

This looks like a screw to hold door panels. Look for missing port in door pads where you can fix the screw. Look for the lower places of the door pads, handbrake area and dashboard area.

It won't be a problem if you are not facing rattles after this screw fell down. You can keep the screw safe till you get the place to fix it.

Regards,
Nikunj

Top Bottom