Volkswagen Jetta Poor Quality Stock Alloy Wheels

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am the owner of VW jetta. I bought Jetta trend line on 2nd June 2011. My car vin no is WVWK101K8AA554565 and Registration no is UK07AK7979. My car has completed only 14743 km till now. I have done servicing of my car in regular interval and other maintenance from time to time.

Now I am having an unusual problem in my car. Few months back my driver side wheel (Alloy) colour faded off and black spot appeared on the wheel (alloy). I complained the issue to the dealer and asked them to change the wheel (alloy) under warranty. They said me that for clamming warranty they have to report the matter to higher authority and they can change the wheel (alloy) under warranty only when they will get approval from the head office. They took the photographs of my wheel (alloy) and mailed everything to their head office. After few days I got the phone call from the dealer and the service manager over there told me that they did not got the permission to replace the wheel (alloy) under warranty but they got the permission to paint the wheel (alloy) for free of cost. I agreed on their proposal and they did painting job on my wheel (alloy).

But from past few days I was getting a shaking experience in my steering wheel whenever my car goes above a speed of 60-70 km/hr and I was feeling waving and shaking experience. I thought that my car is waving and shaking because either my wheel alignment is out or my wheels are not balanced. So for wheel alignment and wheel balancing I went to an authorized garage. But when they checked my car and inspected the wheel, they brought to my knowledge that all the four wheels (Alloy) are damaged and they were not fully even in appearance.

I went to VW authorize dealer today (30/08/2012) and they investigated my wheels (Alloy) and tried to figure out the cause. They also called the insurance surveyor, but they were not able to find the cause of the damage. The insurance surveyor is saying that since there is no physical damage in car he is not sure that the insurance company will give insurance claim or not. Although he has referred the matter to higher authority.

My car has no physical damage. Neither my cars shockers nor suspensions are damaged. All the systems of my cars are working fine except my wheels (Alloys).

So it is my humble request to all of you to look in my matter and help me to replace my wheels (alloys) under warranty free of cost because there is no physical damage to my car and its other parts (not a single scratch) and it is due to manufacturing defect that all four (4) wheels (Alloy) lost their shape all together and same defect happened in all four (4) wheels (Alloy) in same time.

(Vishwa Vijay Singh Deo)

Re: Aftermarket Alloys for Volkswagen Jetta

Hey Vishwa,

I think the alloy damage won't be considered as accidental, so insurance people may not pass it. You should insist the dealer to replace the alloys as they seem to have manufacturing defect. Nevertheless, wait for their response meanwhile.

If things don't work out later, please go to Facebook Volkswagen page Volkswagen India | Facebook and post your complaint here by sending message. It works in many cases.

And I must appreciate that you don't have a single scratch on your car [clap]

Your last post doesn't have the estimate. Please post again.

Re: Volkswagen Jetta Alloy Wheel Colour Faded Off

Have you already got the new alloys?

What logic did they give for not replacing them under warranty.

This is shocking. I thought VW makes really tough cars. And you need tough wheels for tough cars.

I think this has happened due to a quality issue at VW. They must replace it under warranty.

Get ready to post this in consumer complaints forum, in case if they don't replace the wheels under warranty.

Please keep us informed. All the best.

This is ridiculous.

Clearly an issue of poor quality and they are not ready to replace the alloy wheels in warranty.

It is a safety issue too

People normally consider Volkswagen as a provider of Top notch quality and excellent customer service.

Take up the matter with Volkswagen customer service.

Please change the title to "Volkswagen Jetta Stock Alloy wheels - Poor Quality" - Its not just a colour fading.

Thread Starter #7
Have you already got the new alloys?

What logic did they give for not replacing them under warranty.
NO i did not bought new alloys[:D]

They Are asking Insurance company to take the matter and Insurance company is saying to claim it under warranty [frustration]

This is shocking. I thought VW makes really tough cars. And you need tough wheels for tough cars.

I think this has happened due to a quality issue at VW. They must replace it under warranty.

Get ready to post this in consumer complaints forum, in case if they don't replace the wheels under warranty.

Please keep us informed. All the best.
[evil] YES IT IS DUE TO BAD QUALITY SUPPLIED BY THE VW. I MEET MANY GUYS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM IN THE VW AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER
[clap]I WILL SURELY GO TO CONSUMER COURT IF THEY DO NOT RESPONSE IN 2 OR 3 DAYS

this is ridiculous.

Clearly an issue of poor quality and they are not ready to replace the alloy wheels in warranty.

It is a safety issue too

people normally consider volkswagen as a provider of top notch quality and excellent customer service.

Take up the matter with volkswagen customer service.

Please change the title to "volkswagen jetta stock alloy wheels - poor quality" - its not just a colour fading.
you are right

[:)] this is the reply of insurance company

vw111 001.jpg

I am not surprised that your insurance company backed out. This is normal wear and tear. But clearly alloy wheels are not supposed to go bad due to normal wear and tear at the age of 14000+ kms on the ODO.

Don't give up. Fight with VW until they replace the wheels.

Meanwhile, I urge all potential VW customers to talk to their respective dealers about this issue. Have them read this thread. You don't want to be in a similar position after driving your VW cars.

We as a community can make a positive difference by being united and making our voices heard.

Read this:
Poor quality of alloy wheels in Volkswagen jetta automatic - Grahak Seva

I did a google on this issue and figured that this is a common problem with VW alloy wheels across Europe (UK, Ireland...). One guy mentioned that VW UK actually replaced alloy wheels on a bunch of cars under warranty.

What's wrong with the Germans? I thought they built tougher stuff than Japan.

First of all they don't have an answer for "kitna deti hai?". Now it's alloy wheels going kaput.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

I am not surprised that your insurance company backed out. This is normal wear and tear. But clearly alloy wheels are not supposed to go bad due to normal wear and tear at the age of 14000+ kms on the ODO.

Don't give up. Fight with VW until they replace the wheels.

Meanwhile, I urge all potential VW customers to talk to their respective dealers about this issue. Have them read this thread. You don't want to be in a similar position after driving your VW cars.

We as a community can make a positive difference by being united and making our voices heard.
Thanks Rafian For Your Support. I am ready to go to any extend to replace my wheels free of cost. I will defiantly fight [rules][rules][rules]
Actually VW in INDIA is just making fool of people. They are only considered about there sale. there service department is week and underdeveloped.

Last edited:

Hey Vishwa, just keep following up with them, I am sure they will replace it under warranty. Have you tried to send a complaint message through facebook?

Thread Starter #12

Hey Vishwa, just keep following up with them, I am sure they will replace it under warranty. Have you tried to send a complaint message through facebook?

Yes i have send complain message through Facebook and email.

re: Volkswagen Jetta Stock Alloy Wheels - Poor Quality: Issue resolved

Alright vishwa. I am optimistic that your issue would be taken care by vw in your favor.
I had been asking you, but you haven't replied my query on what logic did they give you for not replacing it under warranty? Did they say that it was your fault??

Thread Starter #14

Alright vishwa. I am optimistic that your issue would be taken care by vw in your favor.
I had been asking you, but you haven't replied my query on what logic did they give you for not replacing it under warranty? Did they say that it was your fault??
No actually they are not giving there view. They say this type of thing they are seeing first time. Even though there are many customer who are having same problem. They are saying they have send email to there higher authority in warranty section of Volkswagen India and will do what ever the higher authority will say. they can not take any decision them self[confused]. they are helpless

THEY are giving no logic because i think they know that this is a genuine problem due to manufacturing defect

Last edited:

Its too shocking man. I cant imagine how they go like this.
Is this a common issue.
But I really love jetta.

Top Bottom