Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDi Comfortline Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
Hi, we own a VW Jetta 2.0 TDi, the Comfortline version. I have been requested to write my experience about driving this car.

We got this car during July 2010. I have only good things to say about this car. Great for city drive, with absolutely no turbo-lag and just a beauty on the highway. The response has been excellent at a good speed of 150kmph.perfect handling at high speeds. The cruise control makes long drive comfortable, though it turns one lazy [:)]

I have driven this car for 18,000plus kms in the past 14months and thoroughly enjoy the drive. The interiors are real plush with quality leather and plastic.

Fuel efficiency is decent with 11kmpl in the city, considering Bangalore traffic. On the highways, the FE is around 20kmpl. I have clocked nearly 20.5kmpl as well.

I have posted some pics in another thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...d-trip-kollur-via-chikmagalur.html#post101719)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Many thanks for the kind words. Yes, she's a beauty.

On road was Rs.19.82Lacs. Managed some good discount. Added accessories worth Rs.50k.

KRISCAR Nice info, please give us some more info about servicing and service station experience.
11kmpl in the city, considering Bangalore traffic. On the highways, the FE is around 20kmpl
That's a lot difference.

Thread Starter #6
KRISCAR Nice info, please give us some more info about servicing and service station experience.
That's a lot difference.
The first service was 15000km or one year which ever is early. I gave for service one day before it reached one year with 14990 on the odometer[:)]. It cost me around Rs11k.

The service at Downtown Volkswagen is really good. Since I had built a relationship with the guys there, they really took good care of my car.

Yes, there is a big difference in the FE in the city and highway. VW claims 13-14kmpl in the city and 19.5kmpl highway. They are accurate on the FE on highway or better[:)]. I live on the way to the airport and catch the peak traffic both ways.

Cheers!

Last edited:
wow kudos for jetta..looks great to me!! [clap]

The first service was 15000km or one year which ever is early. I gave for service one day before it reached one year with 14990 on the odometer[:)]. It cost me around Rs11k.
11k for first free service?? [surprise]

Thread Starter #8
wow kudos for jetta..looks great to me!! [clap]

11k for first free service?? [surprise]
I dont think VW has a concept of free service. The service is after every one year or 15000kms whichever is early. The dealer had informed me this while booking the car.

Yes, can not deny it. Jetta looks stunning. And personally I liked the older version better in terms of looks. To top it in black must be killer.
Do post some pics for us to drool over [:)]

I dont think VW has a concept of free service. The service is after every one year or 15000kms whichever is early. The dealer had informed me this while booking the car.
Thats correct. VW doesnt have any free services. You can only avail it in case you buy an AMC.

Thread Starter #13
@Thetraveller, I have posted pics in another thread. The link is available on my first message in this thread.

Cheers!

OK, but if possible can you post split up ? 11k looks OK for 15k but not for 1 year.
Let me dig the invoice for you and see if I can post the split.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom