Volkswagen Introduces Polo and Vento IPL Edition

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
In this season of cricket, Volkswagen has decided to offer an exclusive variant of Vento known as IPL Edition. The launch took place today in Mumbai and the car is said to be the company’s first “Action” model concept for India. The Vento IPL Edition will come only with base 1.6 Petrol variant and is available at premium of Rs.25,000, i.e. Rs.7.24 Lakhs (Ex.Showroom, Delhi). The major features includes:

• Plush leatherette seats that ensure complete comfort with immaculately embroidered IPL batsman motifs.

• The sleek and stunning looks of the Vento are further enhanced by the IPL decals on its body

• A state-of-the-art touchscreen multimedia player: Colour touch screen; FM/ AM; i-pod control through touchscreen; Built-in micro SD and mini USB interface, supports MP3/ WMA; Built-in Navigation System; Interface for parking CCD/ RSE/ Bluetooth; NTSC or PAL compatibility.

• Specially crafted door sill garnish that has an impeccable steel frame with the IPL logo embossed on it.

• Floor mats adorned with the IPL logo

• Cricket kit as a giveaway
volkswagen vento ipl edition.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Volkswagen Introduces Vento IPL Edition

I want one, only for the touchscreen. Don't really like the idea of seeing written IPl all over the car.

Good to see VW trying its level best to merge with india's happening. But honestly i am not sure how many will be the taker for this so called Limited Edition.
As for the cricket kit, i was informed by a Hyundai guy that even they are offering it with the purchase of i10.

I think they just came up with this model just to add more bells and whistles instead of catching up with with IPL fans, guess they don't want to go the Fiesta way as Vento is fairly new car.
But the IPL logo at the boot looks kind of cheap.

IPL edition? Why would I want a car that has advertisements all over it and at a premium price. If India wins this World cup and then there is a India's World cup edition, I would go for it.

IPL edition? Why would I want a car that has advertisements all over it and at a premium price. If India wins this World cup and then there is a India's World cup edition, I would go for it.
+1. A Premium sedan with IPL ads?![thumbsdown]

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team

For a premium of Rs.25,000, doesn’t sounds as bad deal though but it’s a mere attempt from Volkswagen to traditionally spice up the Vento range, or is that the base 1.6 Petrol isn’t selling much? I’m anyways not a fan of cricket and would never like to see IPL logos across my car. Like many others, the most attractive item I find is the new ICE.

Good to see VW trying its level best to merge with india's happening. But honestly i am not sure how many will be the taker for this so called Limited Edition.As for the cricket kit, i was informed by a Hyundai guy that even they are offering it with the purchase of i10.
Most likely, they must be offering it on the dealership level itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team

Some pictures from IAB.

VW_Vento_IPL_Edition_4.jpg

VW_Vento_IPL_edition_3.jpg

VW_Vento_IPL_edition_2.jpg

VW_Vento_IPL_edition_1.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team

Let IPL go to hell I think nobody here is interested in this concept like me.
That’s just more or less about the different opinions, Maximas. I do not dislike this version, either. But just that Volkswagen could have utilized the idea a better way rather than targeting cricket fans alone through IPL.

Drive Safe,
350Z

crappy idea by VW. one thing that could be done is, buy the car and get rid of all those stupid logos. that's it.
well that would make no sense..additional 25k you pay also include cost of those logos!! better is to install up that kind of highend ICE for those who like only ICE of this vento..[:)]

Well i don mind having those logos in my car as i am getting a good touch screen player along with the car!

And also like 350Z said maybe to boost the sales of the 1.6 petrol base variant , most of the Vento's i see on road are Diesel highline only.

Top Bottom