Volkswagen Introduces Polo and Vento IPL Edition

Re: Volkswagen Introduces Vento IPL Edition

Well i don mind having those logos in my car as i am getting a good touch screen player along with the car!

And also like 350Z said maybe to boost the sales of the 1.6 petrol base variant , most of the Vento's i see on road are Diesel highline only.
well well keep in mind you are paying for the logos also.[lol]

And also let's not forget more than the half the Vento's i see in my place are white or silver or black. Atleast these logos will make the car look unique!:tongue:

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team

Note: Post Copied. Thanks for sharing this information. The IPL fever is back. Just wondering isn’t VW offering the famous Cricket Kit this time? :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think they are offering something like an ipad with the car this time,no cheerleaders as you buy the car though,they should have had cheerleaders at the launch atleast which did not look IPL in anyway.

this is nothing else then again a gimmick from VW india like other players, to clear up stock of their petrol model.Add some aftermarket accessories, charge more premium and call them anniversary/celebration/edition variants.

IPL Edition!! Seriously [surprise]:confused: I think being this much topical for an automotive manufacturer is foolishness!!!!

In my opinion its a good move by VW to clear up stocks of the 1.6 litre Vento petrol Trendline model.But couldnt understand as to why Polo was taken into consideration. VW could have had introduced a World Cup edition of VW Vento last year when World Cup happened. I guess in 1998 Opel launched a special World Cup edition Astra.!!!

I don't watch cricket, so IPL edition is pretty useless for guys like me. Anyways, VW also had some other version (breeze if I am right, had flags on it). It never created storm in the market. Maybe VW should look at M & M for XUV & Maruti for Swift & Hyundai for Verna about how to sell cars without launching fancy editions.

Thread Starter #25

350Z

Core Team

I don't watch cricket, so IPL edition is pretty useless for guys like me. Anyways, VW also had some other version (breeze if I am right, had flags on it). It never created storm in the market. Maybe VW should look at M & M for XUV & Maruti for Swift & Hyundai for Verna about how to sell cars without launching fancy editions.
This is a mere marketing gimmick. Volkswagen would be least bothered about whatever happens in the IPL. Majority of people in India are mad behind cricket like anything that is why they are attempting to make the most of it for their own business. Just other day I was surprised to read that Coca Cola has even introduced Sachin’s 100th Century Edition.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a mere marketing gimmick. Volkswagen would be least bothered about whatever happens in the IPL. Majority of people in India are mad behind cricket like anything that is why they are attempting to make the most of it for their own business. Just other day I was surprised to read that Coca Cola has even introduced Sachin’s 100th Century Edition.

Drive Safe,
350Z
"Haad go gayi yaar" (This is too much). Now we have anything and everything for some occasion. All these companies are here to mint money, it does not matter to them whether something was important or not.

As Vibhor mentioned, people in our country are just mad about cricket and this IPL edition, God knows might work for VW. However, last year it was not a big success.

When is the Sachin 100 Centuries edition coming out???Am sure some two wheeler or car will come out for sure with such an edition.

Hey there...while going through the internet i got some details about the car. Volkswagen India has introduced the IPL edition of the Vento. With this launch, Volkswagen brings the concept of action models into India. The Vento IPL Edition comes with a touch-screen multimedia player which has a built in navigation system, USB port, i-pod and Bluetooth connectivity. The other frills on this Vento include the leatherette seats with embroidered batsman motifs, IPL logo on the door sill, floor mats and on the exterior as well. This IPL Edition of the Vento will be available only with the regular 1.6-litre petrol engine and manual transmission.

I m attaching some snaps of the car too.

Attachments

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team

Here are the actual snaps of Volkswagen Polo and Vento IPL Edition - II.

Volkswagen Polo OPL Edition II.jpg

Volkswagen Vento IPL Edition II.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom