Volkswagen India's Compact Sedan Called Ameo (Priced at ₹5.14 Lacs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Volkswagen India's Compact Sedan Called Ameo (Priced at Rs.5.14 Lacs)

Evrything is great about this car but the rear could have been better! It looks like they cut it straight using a chainsaw. Rest, this car is among better CS including zest and aspire while dzire and amaze really don't stand a change in front of these 3.

Last edited:

Sensible pricing by VW ,polo is in a premium segment,if they had priced it above polo then they would have priced themselves out of the competition.

pricing is great but 3 cylinder engine?
how about performance, NVH etc?
rest of the cars have 4 cylinder engines. So this means that Ameo is competing to that of Kite Sedan and not with other Compacts. In which case it is costly for its class.

for sake of comparision:

tiago offer 84HP with 116 NM torque, where as Ameo has 73HP with 110 NM torque. Tiago is thus much powerful than Ameo. And for such an underpowered, 3 cylinder car pricing is definitely on the higher side.

Last edited:

The segment first features like cruise control, rain sensors is available in higher trim only. Only the base trim is priced sensibly sans the 'segment first' features, so Ameo is overpriced 3 pot engine CS with cramped back space, lower boot space and a forlorn rear design. I hope people don't fall for the premium brand name and start booking like crazy without looking into the merits of the engine and features.

tiago offer 84HP with 116 NM torque, where as Ameo has 73HP with 110 NM torque. Tiago is thus much powerful than Ameo. And for such an underpowered, 3 cylinder car pricing is definitely on the higher side.
Saarji.. drive it to believe it, that underpowered on paper engine has a lot of guts and knows really well how to pull a car and the Polo can actually outrun the Tiago IMO on highway.

Agreeing to Vipul here. I have driven both Polo & Tiago (P) and must say that Polo 3 pot gives an impression of having more power than Tiago. However the higher weight of Ameo must be accounted here and needs to see the actual results. Still i feel Ameo would be slightly better in terms of power but the rear profile is not great and the leg room available for rear passengers is also on the lower side.

Agreeing to Vipul here. I have driven both Polo & Tiago (P) and must say that Polo 3 pot gives an impression of having more power than Tiago. However the higher weight of Ameo must be accounted here and needs to see the actual results. Still i feel Ameo would be slightly better in terms of power but the rear profile is not great and the leg room available for rear passengers is also on the lower side.
Its foolish to compare Ameo & Tiago but for just sake of comparing:-

Ameo:- 3-Pot Petrol engine 74BHP@5400RPM
Peak Torque 110NM@3750RPM
Kerb weight 1044Kg

Tiago:- 3-Pot Petrol engine 84BHP@6000RPM
Peak Torque 114NM@3500RPM
Kerb weight 960Kg

On Paper Tiago should perform better as Higher engine power & peak Torque available at lower RPM + lesser weight to carry around but if still Tiago feels lethargic then the Gear ratio should be blamed!!

Its foolish to compare Ameo & Tiago but for just sake of comparing:-

Ameo:- 3-Pot Petrol engine 74BHP@5400RPM
Peak Torque 110NM@3750RPM
Kerb weight 1044Kg

Tiago:- 3-Pot Petrol engine 84BHP@6000RPM
Peak Torque 114NM@3500RPM
Kerb weight 960Kg

On Paper Tiago should perform better as Higher engine power & peak Torque available at lower RPM + lesser weight to carry around but if still Tiago feels lethargic then the Gear ratio should be blamed!!
Yes my dear, there is no point in comparing two different segment of cars but i have noted down my observation based on the experience of driving both Polo and Tiago. What you have mentioned above is correct, Ameo might add another 100kg which may pull down its drivability which i have mentioned too.[glasses]

I would say, both of these engines focus on two separate things:

- Tiago, focusing on Fuel efficiency being in a hatchback segment just below swift\Bolt (so not much expected in terms of power) hence gear ratios tuned accordingly
- Polo\Ameo, focusing more on performance being pitted as a hatchback against the likes of Fiat punto\i20, and so will be Ameo against Dzire\xcent\Amaze so gear ratios tuned accordingly.

Having said that, this is a separate thing that Ameo still might seem quite under-powered, on road, when compared with its immediate rivals like Dzire\zest\figo etc

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

All of you who live in Mumbai or visiting Mumbai on 18th June can check out the new VW AMEO at Downtown VW Showroom in Prabhadevi (Right next to Honda Showroom and opposite to Auto Hangar Used Car Showroom) from 9:00 am onward. The showroom will be holding a Exclusive Preview of the car.

Regards

Akash

Personally i liked this car & the way it has been designed, it grew up on my mind. The way Vento was appealing during its launch, i expect Ameo to be more appealing when all of its Diesel variants arrive.
To me, all of its engines are good, 1.2 petrol a very practical engine for daily usage as it delivers strong low end torque as well as good Fuel efficiency as Polo owners reportedly got 16-17kmpl at highway runs & literally has a roaring sound as typical German petrol engines & i like it.
However to complete the petrol engine lineup, undoubtedly 1.2 TSi has to be introduced to cover wide spectrum of customers.
While my pick is 1.5 TDi DSG Automatic & i'm eagerly waiting for it. Will definitely become hot favourite among Volkswagen fans & people who missed Polo DSG in Diesel variants.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

Checked out the New VW AMEO here in Mumbai. Sharing some pics and videos of the same. The Diesel AMEO is expected to launch in Diwali 2016.

Observations on AMEO Petrol Top Spec

* No seat back pockets.

* No under-hood cladding.

* Not a 5 seater. Transmission hump too high.

* Steel Rim Wheel as spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvntjIjQ-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNJYrVfLQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznpo7peNP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvjgqoNMVac

VW AMEO Specific Pictures​

20160620_161621.jpg

20160620_162221.jpg

20160620_161852.jpg

20160620_161730.jpg

20160620_161923.jpg

20160620_161940.jpg

Any sharing of these pics and videos needs full credit to The Automotive India.

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom