Volkswagen Hikes Vento Diesel Price!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen has announced the price hike of Vento Diesel by 2.2% from July 1, 2011 onwards. Although, it's important to note that there will be no effect on the Petrol variants. And to ease off some financial burden, the company has started the special scheme of 6.99% interest rate BUT for the buyers of Top-End Petrol. Now there are a few suspicions about this move from Volkswagen:

- Volkswagen has cleverly hiked the price considering high demand for Diesel variant.

- The Petrol variant prices remain untouched. Why? Simply because it's already unable to perform well. Especially the base model.

- Because the base model is not loaded with those exciting features (translating low sales figures). The company kicked off with some gimmicks such as IPL Edition: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-volkswagen-introduces-vento-ipl-edition.html

“The Vento diesel has been well accepted in the market since its launch in September 2010. Its quality, build and drivability have won the Vento many accolades. We want to continue maintaining the same standard and quality for our customers; however we have seen no relent in the input costs over several months now which has forced us to increase the cost of the Vento. On the other hand we are fully aware that customers who prefer the petrol variants are already faced with the burden of increased fuel costs and therefore we have decided to continue absorbing the additional costs for our petrol variants,” Mr. Neeraj Garg, Member of Board & Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, said.
Drive Safe,
350Z

One thing is for sure, VW is having one of the best marketing teams in the auto world today.
But I think the move can backfire as vento is already facing pressure from the fluidic verna, this move will also add to it.
In petrol versions not only the base model but IMHO the 1.6L model is also having low sales due to increase in price of petrol.

i agree..volkswagen is looking to make more benefit from their profts from vento diesel..but giving reason that petrol price not hiked because petrol owners are struggling to fill this expensive liquid already !!

Smart move by VW, they are trying their best to encash the demand of Vento diesel. As for the petrol counterpart, i feel there are better options available in the market.

I disagree.

VW is selling more petrols than diesels, atleast the mumbai dealers. Rise in diesel prices is due to some other reasons.

Secondly, IPL edition car came in because VW was the official sponsor of IPL. But then again, I agree that base model (trendline) sales are lesser, irrespective of whether its petrol or diesel, as it has close to no features at all. VW should come up with a mod variant - comfortline, as in polo & passat.

P.S.: I work in a VW dealership.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
I disagree.

VW is selling more petrols than diesels, atleast the mumbai dealers. Rise in diesel prices is due to some other reasons.
That’s the scenario of one dealership. At least when inquiring with Volkswagen Delhi, I came to know that Petrol variant is readily available where as the Diesel is having a considerable waiting period. This simply translates into the fact that more buyers are inclining towards the Vento Diesel.

Secondly, IPL edition car came in because VW was the official sponsor of IPL. But then again, I agree that base model (trendline) sales are lesser, irrespective of whether its petrol or diesel, as it has close to no features at all. VW should come up with a mod variant - comfortline, as in polo & passat.
Volkswagen intentionally picked the Petrol Vento Base for this purpose. Why? For the same reason. Base variant of Vento is not able to perform as well as its top-end counterpart.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom