Volkswagen Golf Spied in India

Wow! Great catch AMG. How much will this cost approx.? Was this caught in Mumbai or Pune?
EDIT: Sorry if I sound like a noob, but please mentioned about the engine.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

AMG

Suspended
I was expecting a better response to this thread.

Anyways, here are the details everyone is asking about.

The Golf is close to VW’s heart, but the price is in all possibility, the only factor preventing them from bringing it to India. We have heard in the past that by 2013, VW will launch e-Golf in India.
VW could launch the current generation Golf in India, but don’t expect it to be under 9 lakh rupees. We don’t see a possibility of it starting at a lower price point even if the localization levels are extremely high. A diesel Golf could be around 11 lakh, and the top-end model could set you back by 13 lakh rupees.

Engine: NOT KNOWN

Great catch AMG! If launched, this is going to be the most powerful hatch best features and also priced at the peak! I would say, Golf is one of the best cars produced by VW. In europe, the base model has 1.2 TSI engine producing 85PS and the top model is 1.4 TSI producing 160 PS (yes, the GT version) ! In US, there is a 2.5 L, 5 cylinder engine producing 170 HP and another 4-cylinder, in-line, turbocharged with inter cooled and direct fuel injection engine producing 200 HP [evil]

Probably Ravi sir can share the driving experience with us.

Now, the real battle will start [gun]

Last edited:
the polo is anyday a better option when compared to the golf, in any department....THAT IS, IF the golf is NOT the golf GTI!!

Is It Left hand drive or Right Hand. I have seen this particular vehicle 3-4 times. I think its Imported unit to India and not scoop or Spy.

350Z

Core Team
If Volkswagen were to launch this, they won’t let the Golf roam around without a disguise (even on badge!), anyways, I highly doubt that this would make its way to India anytime soon when carrying that much of price tag.

Drive Safe,
350Z

No man! Golf is one class above Polo. The design of Golf is also more sleek and attractive.
:agree: Polo is at lower end while Golf is high end model. Also considering price Golf range starts where polo range ends.
Below are some stats of both 1.6 lit cars in UK. Golf is much more bigger car

Car Goft Polo

Body type Estate Hatchback
Number of doors 5 5
Number of seats 5 5
Engine (cc/type) 1598/4 1598/4
Number of valves 16 16
Fuel type Diesel Diesel
Max power (bhp/rpm) 103/4400 89/4200
Pulling power (lb/ft) 184 170
Engine position F F
Driven wheels Front Front
Length (mm) 4534 3970
Width (mm) 1781 1682
Height (mm) 1504 1462
Boot space (min ltr) 505 280
Boot space (max ltr) 1495 952
Turning circle (m) 10.9 No data
Towing weight (kg) 1400 No data
Kerb weight (kg) 1452 No data

i beg to disagree! the price is no reflection of anything but demand. Do you guys really believe that the beetle is any good?? i mean it is a great car but defo not worth 20+ lacs! i agree on paper the golf looks better than the polo but take it from a guy who has driven both polo and golf (me :P) the polo has a much better feel to it than the regular version of the golf. i repeat myself, i am not talkin about the MK6 GTI which features a 2.0L turbo charged direct injection diesel engine!!

what im tryin to say is this: from an indian prospective, it does not make sense to choose the golf over the polo...polo just makes more sense!

Thread Starter #13

AMG

Suspended
FYI
Golf is nothing but a Jetta without a boot.
How can anyone even compare it with the polo? [frustration]

Probably Ravi sir can share the driving experience with us.
My daughter's VW Golf 2.0 TDI Pacific AT is 2008 model with a power of 103 kW [140 PS] @ 4000 rpm. It is equipped with all features including rain/light sensors, 6-speed AT, parking sensors, etc.

With my limited drive last year and this year, all I can say is driving this VW Golf is a sheer bliss. The only minus point I noticed is when the reverse gear is engaged, only one reverse lamp is lit and when switched on, only one rear fog lamp is lit. I noticed this on all VW models. Thank god, in my Fiat Linea, both the reverse lamp and rear fog lamps are lit in pairs, even though it is of European breed.

Top Bottom