Volkswagen Discontinues Polo 1.6 In India

Yes I know infact 1 of the best cng installer in Mumbai dashmesh auto is my very very good personal family freind iam not putting cng in my car ony because iam going to change my car .
Infact 3 cng pumps are just 5 mins away from my home. What iam saying is if govt makes the availability nation wide it will be so much good for every 1 imagine a tata safari or Scorpio in cng [lol]
But you already have option of CNG SX4.
BTW, I think you said using CNG is like doing chindhi-giri, right ? [lol] And I agree to this fact. You can't even make return trip from Mumbai-Pune & wait like beggars for hours to fill CNG. Infact, auto unions in Pune have threatened to go on strike if pumps of CNG are not increased alongwith their timings. There are hardly 5-6 CNG pumps in Pune.[frustration]

But you already have option of CNG SX4.
BTW, I think you said using CNG is like doing chindhi-giri, right ? [lol] And I agree to this fact. You can't even make return trip from Mumbai-Pune & wait like beggars for hours to fill CNG. Infact, auto unions in Pune have threatened to go on strike if pumps of CNG are not increased alongwith their timings. There are hardly 5-6 CNG pumps in Pune.[frustration]
No some people feel its chindigiri I don't money saved is money earned and it's always good . In Mumbai atleast 3 pumps near my home and many in bandra also have separate lines for taxis and private vehicles I with my own eyes have seen accord , Mitsubishi outlander , corrola, and Honda crv with cng .
One forum member Ganfun has a sx4 he lives very close to me he told me sx4 cng gives him mileage of 16-18 per kg with full ac and bumper to bumper traffic and per kg is just 33 rs in Mumba add to it maruti gives 4 year warranty with extended option and it's the most sofisticated sequential kit i it's not chindigiri if some 1 feels that way we must tell them great now fill my tank with your money lol]

Last edited:
No some people feel its chindigiri I don't money saved is money earned and it's always good . In Mumbai atleast 3 pumps near my home and many in bandra also have separate lines for taxis and private vehicles I with my own eyes have seen accord , Mitsubishi outlander , corrola, and Honda crv with cng .
One forum member Ganfun has a sx4 he lives very close to me he told me sx4 cng gives him mileage of 16-18 per kg with full ac and bumper to bumper traffic and per kg is just 33 rs in Mumba add to it maruti gives 4 year warranty with extended option and it's the most sofisticated sequential kit i it's not chindigiri if some 1 feels that way we must tell them great now fill my tank with your money
+1 but what will you call when a person waits for filling CNG for 3hrs ??

Yes there are many places in Delhi where I have seen long queues of personal vehicles at CNG station.

The companies are already setting up CNG stations near all metros covering all suburbs . The target is around 200 cities within next 6-7 years. So things are picking up.

BTW, we are going horribly off-topic.
We were talking about polo 1.6 discontinuation, petrol cars etc..

Yes there are many places in Delhi where I have seen long queues of personal vehicles at CNG station.

The companies are already setting up CNG stations near all metros covering all suburbs . The target is around 200 cities within next 6-7 years. So things are picking up.

BTW, we are going horribly off-topic.
We were talking about polo 1.6 discontinuation, petrol cars etc..
I agree with you we started a drive from Delhi to leh and now are moving towards kanyakumari [lol].
So is VW bringing some other option or they will simply never bring the 1.6 again ? Back to the topic [:)]

i am not sure but it should do fine considering all auto majors have their presence in brazil. You need to check brazilian websites like you do for the ford ecosport [;)]
cng has its limitations . It maybe good for city driving but the availability and long distance travel maybe not so much.
I have some freinds there who update me with latest info on ecosport [:)] and even the duster before .but yes ethanol to kick here in India will take time .btw there was a news in between that skoda are thinking of cng and LPG options for the rapid in that case the 1.6 engine with a sequential kit can be a good choice.
So people at times can enjoy the kick of petrol 1.6 and also enjoy the economy of cng.

I have seen many places in MUmbai have seperate queues for Auto/Taxi and personal vehicles. There is lot of availability of CNG pumps in Mumbai. And whenver I have seen there is long queue of Auto/Taxis and personal vehicles both although in separate queue.

Why? Don't you think people looking for an A.T on polo would have this option now, and I guess number of such people may be more than people looking for just a petrol manual transmission. If so, VW is better of with polo 1.6 A.T

Hi
Need advice...

VW Polo 1.6 HL (Petrol)
Suppose to purchase.
Mfg Year 2011 3rd quarter.
Odometer reads less than 3000 KMs

Top Bottom