Volkswagen Brings Diesel Hot Hatch: Polo GT TDi (Details: Pg.14)

Re: Volkswagen Polo Facelift Coming with 1.6 TDi?

I have a strong doubt that at 8.5 VW would be able to sell good number of Polo's here. Enthusiast or no enthusiast, practicality also plays an important rule for us.

1.6 TDI engine would be overkill for Polo with present steering & handling combination. And I concur with Shalinder about the cost part. 1.6 TDI won't get any excise benefit and cost would be too high for this car.

IMO i dont think they will price the Polo 1.5 TDI upto 9 lakhs as one would get a sedan of the same price.I might guess the price to be around 8.5 lakhs.A polo 1.5TDI with 8.5L is a killer price i must say![clap]

We have to Wait till Auto Expo anyways![:)]
8.5L on-road for 1.5 = mouthwatering (at least for me) provided it is coming with all the features of the current 1.2 HL.
But only 50K difference between 1.2 and 1.5? Not convincing. [confused]

I have a strong doubt that at 8.5 VW would be able to sell good number of Polo's here. Enthusiast or no enthusiast, practicality also plays an important rule for us.
True. 8.5L is a fair amount that compels someone to think twice before jumping on it.

1.6 TDI engine would be overkill for Polo with present steering & handling combination. And I concur with Shalinder about the cost part. 1.6 TDI won't get any excise benefit and cost would be too high for this car.

They might RE-Tune to 1.5 for tax benefits!

Last edited:

8.5L on-road for 1.5 = mouthwatering (at least for me) provided it is coming with all the features of the current 1.2 HL.
But only 50K difference between 1.2 and 1.5? Not convincing. [confused]

Would you take a 1.5TDI at 8.5 lakhs?[evil]

1.5TDI at 8.5 lakh,i dont think vw will do such a pricing esp at the Indian market.I will go for rapid TDI,eventough it lack the features.Onroad price of rapid is 8.70 lakhs(base model) at trivandrum

I waited for the 1.5 for a long time,as ma father loves the polo,but i think VW cant launch it within our budjet,so thinking of fiat punto 90hp,as service is quiet good for fiat in trivandrum.

Last edited by a moderator:

1.5TDI at 8.5 lakh,i dont think vw will do such a pricing esp at the Indian market.I will go for rapid TDI,eventough it lack the features.Onroad price of rapid is 8.70 lakhs(base model) at trivandrum

I waited for the 1.5 for a long time,as ma father loves the polo,but i think VW cant launch it within our budjet,so thinking of fiat punto 90hp,as service is quiet good for fiat in trivandrum.
Why cant you go for the updated 1.2 Tdi.There will be Updated 1.2 TDI and a 1.5TDI.
Also,We have seen many aggressive pricings like for the Sunny,Brio,Rapid.So why don't Volkswagen do the same?Cant say any until January 5th.Just wait for some more days.On January 5th,we would know the pricings of Polo 1.2(updated) and 1.5

Why cant you go for the updated 1.2 Tdi.There will be Updated 1.2 TDI and a 1.5TDI.
Also,We have seen many aggressive pricings like for the Sunny,Brio,Rapid.So why don't Volkswagen do the same?Cant say any until January 5th.Just wait for some more days.On January 5th,we would know the pricings of Polo 1.2(updated) and 1.5
ya im ready to wait till the auto expo,i think we could get a clear picture by then

Volkswagen to Think Blue on this Auto Expo!

Will there be Polo Bluemotion then!!??

Volkswagen doesn't has any existing 1.5 TDI in their stable and introducing a 1.6 TDI disqualifies them from tax benefits of under 4 meter category. Developing a new 1.5 only for India will need some inventory expense which don't seem feasible with current sale figures. 1.2 TDI itself is a great engine which has sufficient power and great FE capabilities.

New VW Polo 2012 edition - with AUX port

The VW New Polo 2012 edition. I should not say it is new, but the much awaited feature was added to this hatch. An Aux port.

We have an AUX port in the VW polo just beside the lighter/charge point.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Upgraded Volkswagen Polo Coming with 1.6 TDi?

This is good news but they should have given the steering mounted audio controls along with USB and Aux just like they did in Vento.

350Z

Core Team
Re: New VW Polo 2012 edition - with AUX port

The VW New Polo 2012 edition. I should not say it is new, but the much awaited feature was added to this hatch. An Aux port.

We have an AUX port in the VW polo just beside the lighter/charge point.
Welcome aboard, Siva. And thanks for that update. Volkswagen is slowly but steadily upgrading their cars. Hope they come up soon with a few other much awaited updates too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thank you! When decided to take the VW Polo, we were very upset on the absence of Aux or USB in it. I bought an FM Transmitter for this purpose which has AUX, USB and memory card reading support. Only after I got the delivery of the car on 29th Jan 2012, I came to know that there is an AUX port in the Polo.

Steering mounted Audio controls could have been very good. But the most important feature still missing all over is the absence of ABS and remote locking in the Trendline(Base variant) and Comfortline(Mid Variant). To my surprise the remote locking was even not available as optional accessory in many work shops. I could get it at last at the Jeedimetla, Hyderabad work shop which had it done. Most of them actually get it done at retro markets which would void the electrical warranty of the car.

I would put up all the experience in the appropriate column this weekend.[:D]

BTW the one I took was 1.2 TDI only and not 1.6 TDI. So I have put it as a new thread.

Last edited:

...To my surprise the remote locking was even not available as optional accessory in many work shops. I could get it at last at the Jeedimetla, Hyderabad work shop which had it done.
Hey khandrik, few questions from you:

1. Which variant is yours, asking becasue someone asked me if the AUX port is available in only HL or is it available in CL too as that also comes with stock audio system.
2. Which remote locking did you got? Was it original VW accessory or was it something like autocop or any other non-VW? could you please share photo of your remote key.

Top Bottom