Volkswagen Brings Diesel Hot Hatch: Polo GT TDi (Details: Pg.14)

Re: Upgraded Volkswagen Polo Coming with 1.6 TDi?

Since 2011, all VW Polo and Vento models feature rear fog lamps which was not available earlier. Only the Polo & Vento Highline models featured rear fog lamps in 2010.

Thank you! When decided to take the VW Polo, we were very upset on the absence of Aux or USB in it. I bought an FM Transmitter for this purpose which has AUX, USB and memory card reading support. [:D]
Khandrik, Congrats for your POLO.

Where did you buy the transmitter from?
Can you post some link if you got it online, and also please share how to use this transmitter. I need such a handy thing for my highline polo bought in 2011.

If other polo owners have an idea about the transmitter, please share some info.

Khandrik, Congrats for your POLO.

Where did you buy the transmitter from?
Can you post some link if you got it online, and also please share how to use this transmitter. I need such a handy thing for my highline polo bought in 2011.

If other polo owners have an idea about the transmitter, please share some info.
FM Transmitter is very easy to find on most car audio shops and costs around 500 bucks. Its very easy to use, you just need to put your USB or MMC media in the device and connect the transmitter on 12v socket. Than you will need to set a unique transmitting frequency on the device and than scan/store that frequency in your HU, thats all.[thumbsup]

FM Transmitter is very easy to find on most car audio shops and costs around 500 bucks. Its very easy to use, you just need to put your USB or MMC media in the device and connect the transmitter on 12v socket. Than you will need to set a unique transmitting frequency on the device and than scan/store that frequency in your HU, thats all.[thumbsup]
Thanks for the info man.

Let me find one for my polo and see how it works. Still, any links on ebay for the same?

@cooldhaya
It is reported on some internet forums that Diesel Highline Polo of 2012 make will come fitted with Aux input near 12V charger + RCD 310 music system with USB support and steering mounted control. Expect a price hike and no discounts.

Polo diesel Comfortline now comes with integrated music system and AUX in petrol Comfortline still has no stock ICE. No steering mounted control not even in Highline variant, talked to VW sales guy about the speculations of 1.5/1.6TDI diesel variants launch at the time of booking but they out rightly denied any near future launch. Current 1.2 TDI engines are underestimated in my opinion and experience they are quite powerful and fuel efficient a perfect blend for Indian market.

Got my 2012 manufactured Polo diesel Comfortline on 5th Feb'12, completed 800KM and getting fuel average of 18km/l in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic.

Check my ownership thread for more details here is the link:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...p-review-polo-1-2-tdi-comfortline-diesel.html

Regards

Last edited:
Re: Volkswagen Polo Facelift

may be they will remove some other thing for audio mounted steering,like they did for EORVM .they remove back power windows button from driver side .also windows roll up function from remote key.
[anger]
Ask me I am the sufferer, I get EORVM and no rear side window buttons . No one touch function for power windows , no remote closing/opening (can ecu reprogramming activate the feature)
Guess if they give steering mounted controls and remove steering adjustment [clap]

Thanks for the info man.

Let me find one for my polo and see how it works. Still, any links on ebay for the same?
Dont buy the cheap ones , I have ordered the belkin one from ebay , let me test it and wait for my review.

the quality of the music played by the fm transmitters is very low. music will be flat & uninspiring.

Audio quality of an FM transmitter can hardly mach that of aux-in & USB. I would like to put them in following order as far as SQ is concerned (better to worse): USB>Aux-In>FM transmitter.

Aux-in to USB converters are available (in ebay etc) but efficiency is doubtful.

350Z

Core Team

Volkswagen is planning to update Polo with some sporty bits: Black finish headlamps, New Alloys and HU with Bluetooth and USB Support. Here’s another surprise:
Volkswagen is planning to launch an automatic petrol variant of the Polo, however details about which automatic box will be used are unknown.
Volkswagen-Polo-Facelift-2012.jpg
Source: Autocar

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Re: Upgraded Volkswagen Polo Coming. Possibly with 1.6 TDi?

VW has introduced the revamped Polo with value added features. Highline version costs Rs.6.94 Lakh (Ex. Showroom) and sales commence from second half of Sept.

Refreshed Polo Feature Highlights:

> Bluetooth Device

> Black Headlamps

> New Design Alloy Wheels

> Multi Function Steering Wheel

> Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

> RCD 310 Music System with USB Connectivity

> Speed Sensing Volume Control for Music System

> Leather Wrapped Gearshift Knob and Handbrake Lever

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Upgraded Volkswagen Polo Coming. Possibly with 1.6 TDi?

VW has introduced the revamped Polo with value added features. Highline version costs Rs.6.94 Lakh (Ex. Showroom)
350Z sir,
Is it the petrol highline variants price that you have quoted ?
It is a disappointment that there is no addition of a powerful TDI variant into the line up[anger]

Top Bottom