Volkswagen Ameo 1.2 Petrol Drive Review

For sure VW should be drinking when they plan out the AMEO launch. Launch it with one option with one transmission was as stupid as one can get. Why not launch with Diesel as well, which is the only USP get going for AMEO. Personally, I felt 3-cyl 1.2L MPI unit no-where fun compared to even Micra's petrol motor.

From the beginning, VW's trump was always TSI and TDI and in that case, why not introduce TDI first and then the petrol later. They were good at pricing and features, but not all of them will go after features alone. I can only wish them luck but not go near the product. Not after petrol.

Good review, Akash!

Thread Starter #20

Akash1886

Honoured Member
If you compare this NVH and engine noise of Ameo with that of Tata Tiago's 1.2 Petrol unit, what would be your response? which one is better engine?

I know there is no comparison - segment wise... however, just curious as being Tiago owner, where my Tia stands
To be honest, Tiago is still much better than AMEO's NVH. Though both are 3 cylinder engine but Tiago has an edge here in personal view as I have driven both and in petrol.

Regards

Akash

Amazing review. Excellent attention to detail. 5* for such a truly great review.

However i feel the same cannot be said about the product itself. What was VW thinking when they launched only the petrol version. VW target audiences are mostly enthusiast who are a demanding lot. Giving them 3 potty city stroller is only going to murder the product itself.

Now with confusion regarding diesel engines, all VW can now do is wait and watch. Diesel +DSG is the one to watch out for.

I heard it's going to be a Diwali launch. Here's giving all the best for the launch.

Regards,
Arun

Thread Starter #22

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Volkswagen India begins deliveries of the AMEO!​

Volkswagen India starts deliveries of the Ameo

Volkswagen India commences deliveries of the Ameo

Special care packages available for the Ameo customers

Mumbai, July 25, 2016: Volkswagen, Europe's leading car manufacturer, commences deliveries of the Ameo, the first sub 4-metre sedan by the brand. The bookings for Volkswagen Ameo started along with its first roadshow on May 12, 2016.

Mr. Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "The Ameo has garnered positive response from the prospective customers ever since its debut at the Delhi Motor Show in February this year and its journey through key Indian cities. We are very happy to bring this Made in India and Made for India sedan to our customers now, as we initiate the deliveries. For the Ameo customers, we have also introduced special care packages to ensure a positive ownership experience along with the best of technology, safety and various first in class features at an attractive price. We look forward to continuing this momentum, especially with the festive season kicking in."

Volkswagen Ameo boasts of several segment-first and class-leading features (Annex attached). For Volkswagen, safety is paramount and Ameo comes with essential safety features. With safety being paramount for Volkswagen, across its carlines, all variants of the Ameo come equipped with dual front airbags and ABS as standard.

The Ameo is now available across all Volkswagen showrooms. Customers can also book the Ameo through the mobile application available on the Google PlayStore.
Official

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Now,VW India has launched Ameo Diesel TDI finally after nearly 5 months of its launch.It powers 110HP and with 1498cc displacement makes the car fun to drive under Rs.10L budget.

Ameo TDI HL MT costs around Rs.9.8-9.9L whereas HL DSG TDI costs around Rs.11-11.2L.

BTW,Akash Bhai,please update the review of Ameo TDI.

Top Bottom