Vlr – Tirumala – Vlr – B’lore – vlr – Fully loaded with FUN

Nice trip report & good pics, the road looks tempting to rip on it. My trip to Tirupati from Hyd is coming up on 23rd Nov. I'd like to know if the vehicles are still being diverted to the Down road (those going up) or if the traffic has been allowed on both Up & Down roads regularly. The last time I went due to some construction on the Up road all Up traffic was diverted to Down road.

Thread Starter #17
Nice snaps.

I am going to visit Tirupati in December. We have planned to stay one night at Vellore. Please suggest some good accommodation in vellore

Thank you Jazz,

There are some recently constructed hotels like Annamalaiyar Residency & Chelliamman guest are available near vellore busstand.

But, some standard hotels like
1.Darling Residency,
2.Surabi International,
3.Hotel Riverview
4.Hotel Kanna
5.Plam Tree
6.Avvana Inn &
7.Mount Paradise

are the best hotels to stay in Vellore. The rates are resonable with well maintained rooms.

All the hotels(Except Avvana Inn & Mount Paradise) are available in Anna salai(Officers Lane road).

check these hotels in internet & book the room quicky, due to new year the hotels are booking very fast.

Thread Starter #19
Nice trip report & good pics, the road looks tempting to rip on it. My trip to Tirupati from Hyd is coming up on 23rd Nov. .

Thanks,

Advance Congrats for your trip.

I'd like to know if the vehicles are still being diverted to the Down road (those going up) or if the traffic has been allowed on both Up & Down roads regularly. The last time I went due to some construction on the Up road all Up traffic was diverted to Down road.
No,All the construction work has been completed.
There are separate uphill & downhill route. Enjoy your trip.

Have a safe journey.[:)]

Hey Appu, nice pics and a well maintained ride. Kudos to you & your family members, for travelling extensively. How is the road condition between Tirupati and B'lore (NH4)? There is some construction working going on, I guess.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Excellent travelogue with exhaustive set of photographs. Thanks for the efforts to put them up. Your car surprisingly looks clean throughout the journey. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Appu, nice pics and a well maintained ride. Kudos to you & your family members, for travelling extensively. How is the road condition between Tirupati and B'lore (NH4)? There is some construction working going on, I guess.
Avinash, the route gets better once you reach Hoskote.
The roads near Krishnarajapuram is always choked and in bad condition.
So the 2nd time i did go to Tirumala via Whitefield, and directly reached Hoskote.
You can plan yourself and enjoy the drive, infact the other day i had driven was in full rain, and overtaking is absolute bliss in Hawk.

Thread Starter #26
Appu congrats on your successful trip to Tirumala and Bangalore.

I initially thought why you took Chittor route to reach bangalore, instead of Hosur route.
As you said you had to reach Tumkur, the route you followed was correct.

I also feel the statue of Ram was not painted when i had visited the same stretch.

Thank you Mukesh, [:)]

if they paint the ram statue in blue will be more beautiful.

Thread Starter #27

Thank you avindu,

the road condition is good between Tirupathi & Banglore.
While coming from b'lore upto Hoskote there was a excellent 4-lane road. All the construction work has been completed. Even two toll-booth also completed. they can open at any time,

While constructing the road there was so many speed breakers in NH-4. but now there are only two in junctions.

After Hoskote the road will be double lane, single road. the road was good, we can maintain easily 100km/hr without any difficulty. there was some holes & pathes, but it was managable.

In this road there will be a lot of trucks & Turning, very peppy to drive.

Avinash, the route gets better once you reach Hoskote.
The roads near Krishnarajapuram is always choked and in bad condition.
So the 2nd time i did go to Tirumala via Whitefield, and directly reached Hoskote.
You can plan yourself and enjoy the drive, infact the other day i had driven was in full rain, and overtaking is absolute bliss in Hawk.
Mukesh are you saying near KRpuram?

i not felt that road was bad, there are some holes & pathes but that was not much worst, even my Indica beared those road.

I think previously the road may be like you mentioned,now the road is fine.

Nice travelogue Appu. A month back I too had a trip to Thirumala with my friend. We reached there by 8.30pm and joined in Rs.300 que by next day 6am. Spent the most of time in night by walking around Thirumala. Its very active place in night time too and we really enjoyed. Since our visit was completely unplanned we couldn’t book any accommodation. We just slept in car. Used free accommodation’s toilets which was surprisingly decent.

BTW you are very much attached to Balaji?? I spotted Balaji figure even in your car’s rear glass.

Thread Starter #30
Nice travelogue Appu. A month back I too had a trip to Thirumala with my friend. We reached there by 8.30pm and joined in Rs.300 que by next day 6am. Spent the most of time in night by walking around Thirumala. Its very active place in night time too and we really enjoyed. Since our visit was completely unplanned we couldn’t book any accommodation. We just slept in car. Used free accommodation’s toilets which was surprisingly decent.

Thank you Siva,

Walking in Tirumala is a pleasant moment, even when i gone with my friends, we just walked everywhere. that chilness, people sound & the smell of Laddu makes us fresh.

I agree, Free Toilets are really decent with that much crowd. None of the temple can maintain that much cleaniness, good job by TTD workers.[clap]

BTW you are very much attached to Balaji?? I spotted Balaji figure even in your car’s rear glass.
Yes, my sister is a sincere fan to Balaji very much, she asked me to put Balaji figure in rear glass & i done that. Even in our previous car also we had a same Balaji figure.[:D]

Top Bottom