Visit To Mantralaya with Family - Suggestions Needed

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Am planning to visit Mantralaya(AP) this weekend on 10th March 2012 with my parents & brothers. Wanted to know if anyone has made it recently to Mantralaya. I had been to Mantralaya a year back in train but this going by car[;)]. So need inputs from all experts regarding the below:

Road Conditions.
Any good Restaurants.
Any sight seeing places enroute.
Fuel stations nearby to Mantralaya.
Anything in particular to carry for trip in these roads (Cuz I have heard there are very less leisure spots on the way)

I also know it will be very hot there.. So any advice to make the trip better are most welcome. Plan is to start on 10th & return on 12th. Please suggest me accordingly. Thanks in Advance[thumbsup]

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
[cheers]

@ Santosh V: Sorry for hijacking the thread Santu.

Am one of the brotherly trio on the list of travelers on this trip.

Current itinerary:

Route:
Starting point: Mathikere, Bangalore, KA
Time: Saturday when the birds are chirping and practicing their Morning Raga[clap]

Travel via:
1) Chikaballapur, KA: 53 Kms
2) Ananthapur, AP: 154 Kms
3) Gooty, AP: 54 Kms
4) Adoni, AP: 74 Kms
5) Yemmiganur, AP: 31 Kms

Destination: Mantralayam, AP (22 Kms)

Total Distance: 388 Kms

Probable stop overs en route:
Kamat Upachar: After Chikkaballapur

Fuel pumps:
Several available till Adoni

Any suggestions and inputs are welcome[:D]

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Cocoon & Nandu,

Those were helpful information, I successfully completed the trip[thumbsup]. Will post the travelogue shortly.

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
[cheers]

Just wanted to update this thread about my last weekend trip to Manthralayam from Bangalore

Route taken ITPL->Whitefield->Old Madras Road->Devanahalli(BLORE-HYD NH7)->Chikaballapur->Anantapur->Gooty(Exit from HN7)-Pattikonda->Adoni->Yemmiganur->Manthralayam.

Onward
Timings :
Start - 07:00 AM from Bangalore near ITPL.
07:50 AM - Devanahalli.
Breakfast break from 08:20AM to 08:50 AM in Kamat Upachar(BPCL COCO-Ghar Dhaba) after Chikballapur.
10:45 AM - Gooty (exit from NH 7)
12:20 AM Adoni
01:30 AM Manthalayam.

Total Time taken - 06:30 mins - includes two 10 mins break near Gooty and Yemmiganur.

Toll Amount Paid - 230 Rs (60+90+80).

Odo reading - 393 Km.
Max speed - 150kph.
Average speed 100-120kph.

Road Conditions - Perfect from Devanahalli to Gooty - a pure driving bliss - roads are pure "arrowhead straights" allowing to test your car.
From Gooty its a two laned state highway with around 5 very small stretches, with literally no roads and speed drops down less than 10kph(almost crawling),
but no complaints, since the rest of the roads even though they are SH, are really a bliss with lot of greeneries around.
Lot of villages crop up between Gooty to Manthralayam. Whenever you see a zebra crossing on the road, slowdown, since, for sure, there is a speed breaker which follows it.

Bad stretches mentioned above are
just after Gooty town till a Railway Crossing,
in the "under construction" bye pass for Pattikonda
and just after Yemmiganur.
These bad stretches are only for a few 100 meters.

Points to note -
Literally no decent eating joint to stop (especially while travelling with family and kids) after Kamat Upachar in the NH 7 highway.

Gooty town is a bit crowded, so you will have to drive at less than 20kph for about 5 km inside the town.
THe exit to gooty town comes just right after the third toll plaza.
Landmarks are - you will suddenly see a lot of fuelling stations on both sides of the highway including a BPCL COCO Ghar Dhaba on your right.
In Gooty, cross the first major junction(with a Gandhi statue) and take the left in the next major junction.

The byepass to Pattikonda town has to be carefully noted. There is only a small sign board. The exit of the byepass towards Adoni is still under construction.

You dont need to get into Adoni town too. There is right turn before Adoni town going towards Yemmiganur, right after a Bheemas Hotel on the left and a Orphanage on the right.
There is also another route from Adoni to Manthralayam by not touching Yemmiganur.
So, once you are nearing Adoni, ask directions to Yemmiganur in case if you missed the above said right turn.

Manthralayam has too many lodges for stay. But my personal advice, stay away from the middlemen who approach you as soon as you reach there and also avoid private lodges(very poorly maintained).
While coming from Yemmiganur, there is a junction where you will see Guru Raghavendra's statue on all the four sides.
Just after the junction, there is a Central Reception office run by the mutt, which provides accomodation. Contact them directly.
There is also a Punnami Hotel run by APTDC and a Karnataka Bhavan run by KSTDC in case if you want any other accomodation.

Food joints are also that hygenic. So, if you are cleanliness freak, better pack a lot of breads, biscuits, fruits and juices with you not only for stay during Manthralayam, but for the entire trip.
Also try to carry some bed spreads, pillow covers.

Return trip
Started at 08:30 AM from Manthralayam after breakfast.
Two 10 mins stoppages at Gooty and somewhere between Anantapur and CHikaballapur. Reached ITPL at 02:30 sharp.

Total Odo reading for the trip 787 Kms.

Sincerely hope this would be helpful for anyone planning to visit Manthralayam.

Sorry folks, just remembered.
Forgot to add about fuelling for my car.
Tanked up in Diesel in my swifty for 1700 in Bangalore just the previous night.
Reached Manthralayam with half tank remaining.
Refuelled at Gooty NH7 BPCL COCO for 700 Rs during the return trip.
Reached Bangalore with fuel indicator 3 lines above Empty.

Hi,
Any suggestions on the Bangalore - Mantralayam route?
Which of the following is preferred -
1) Gooty - Pattikonda - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam
2) Gooty - Guntakal - Alur - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam

Hows the road condition between
Mantralayam - Raichur - Deosugur - Jedcherla - Hyderabad?

Thanks,

Which of the following is preferred -
1) Gooty - Pattikonda - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam
2) Gooty - Guntakal - Alur - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam
2) is preferred. Beware of the road condition between Adoni - Yemmiganur & unmarked speedbreakers littering the route.

Hows the road condition between
Mantralayam - Raichur - Deosugur - Jedcherla - Hyderabad?
Sorry mate, not much info that I know. I vaguely remember that some bridge was under construction on the Krishna river (between Raichur & Jedcherla) starting in Jun 2016 for the next 40 days or so. Is this completed (must have been!)?

Took the Gooty - Pattikonda - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam route. It took 2 and hours from Gooty to mantralayam. The road till Yemmiganur lost the tarmac and need to be driven carefully.

From Mantralayam took below route by following the naavmi directions.
https://goo.gl/maps/frkcfJgxu3y

It was horrible. and took around 2 and half hours to beechupally.

Took the Gooty - Pattikonda - Adoni - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam route. It took 2 and hours from Gooty to mantralayam. The road till Yemmiganur lost the tarmac and need to be driven carefully. .
Thanks for the note, mate. Any reason why Guntakal - Aldur - Adoni route not taken?

From Mantralayam took below route by following the naavmi directions.
https://goo.gl/maps/frkcfJgxu3y

It was horrible. and took around 2 and half hours to beechupally.
So the lesson learnt is to take the usual route being NH167. I am unsure if the bridge is open yet.

Hi there I had been through this route Guntakal - Aldur - Adoni it's around 40Km extra and Gooty - Pattikonda - Aspari - Adoni - Yemmiganur is the best possible route 112Km. There is another short route were you can reach Yemmiganur won't having to go to Adoni from Pattikonda which is around 105Km from Gooty but that goes through villages not worth the time as it is a single road.

Going to Guntakal - Alur - Adoni is better if you are coming from Ballari.

Hi there I had been through this route Guntakal - Aldur - Adoni it's around 40Km extra and Gooty - Pattikonda - Aspari - Adoni - Yemmiganur is the best possible route 112Km. There is another short route were you can reach Yemmiganur won't having to go to Adoni from Pattikonda which is around 105Km from Gooty but that goes through villages not worth the time as it is a single road.
Sorry to ask about the other routes. Would this route (https://goo.gl/maps/QhvfuEuSQC52) be better (more time in Blr - Hyd highway)?

Going to Guntakal - Alur - Adoni is better if you are coming from Ballari.
For want of better roads, is it still worth it (or) it is not worth it at all?

I took the route based on inputs from some locals there. I didnt want to try anything new in the night and was following a Tempo Traveller going in the same direction.

The railway bridge is not yet open. But, the gate was closed only for 10 min at that time.

Top Bottom