Visit To Mantralaya with Family - Suggestions Needed

Sorry to ask about the other routes. Would this route (https://goo.gl/maps/QhvfuEuSQC52) be better (more time in Blr - Hyd highway)?

For want of better roads, is it still worth it (or) it is not worth it at all?
Sorry for the too late reply I revisited some time back from Bangalore - Gooty - Pattikonda - Aspiri - Yemmiganur - Mantralayam. this was a short route through villages roads are in great condition. but Adoni route has been redone and soon they would be charging toll fees there.

Returned to Bengaluru from Mantralaya on 27 th Dec. I preferred NH 167 to Adoni instead of toll road through Yammiganur Veldurthi/Adoni. 40 Kms road is in shambles with broken roads and Pot holes. I took 85 minutes to cover 40 odd Kms and regret my decision not to take Yammiganur route
Adoni to Gooty/NH44(Old NH7) through Aspari is in good shape. Usual 2 hrs to cover this distance. Please look out Pot holes which can swallow entire car near railway crossing at Gooty.
Gooty to Bengaluru is a Breeze.
I started from Mantralayam at 5:45 PM and reached NH44 at 9:45 PM and home by 1 AM.
There was much traffic on the night towards Bengaluru.

Good to know there are many Guru Rayara Bhakthas in our forum.

I was lucky to know Guru Raghavendra swamy at the age of 18 while I was doing my Engg at Davangere and a well wisher put a small steel chain with Rayara Image in my neck at that time and the same remained in my neck for 52 yrs, of course I changed the thread few times. It broke last year after 52 yrs and I bought a small silver coin of Guru with a hook from Mutt in Mangalore, of course kept the old one carefully in my pouch.

I did visit Mutt regularly for almost 53 yrs and even now , of course now a days only on Thursdays in Mangalore. During my professional career from 1980 - 1985 whenever I used to visit AP on official work I used to take a day off and used to go to Mantralaya, of course most of the time from Kurnool to Mantralaya by crossing the river in a Harigol( Round Boat). Those days there is used to be no big rush to Mantaralaya, just like Shirdi which I visited many times from 1978 to 1985. When we visited Shirdi in 2008 after many years, I was shocked to observe the big rush and long queue at Shirdi. Same may be situation now at Mantralaya !!!!!

When we lived in Pune, we used to visit Mutt on Laxmi Road ( about 20-25 minutes drive from home); in Mumbai at Jogeshawari, which is located in a muslim locality slum area. But surprising the Mutt used to remain as a peaceful place during any violence. Of course in Mumbai, I used to drive from Andheri to Jogherwari.

Now a days it is just 10 minutes drive for me from my home to Mutt in Mangalore.

Wishing all YOUNG Rayara Bhakthas a pleasant trip to Mantralaya..

Last edited:

Top Bottom