Victory Motorcycles in India - By 2012

Thread Starter #1
Harley-Davidson can expect some competition coming up its alley. U.S.-based bike-maker Victory Motorcycles is all set to launch its cruisers in India in 2012. Owned by Polaris Industries, the Victory bikes will come through the CBU (completely built unit) channel, which means they would be fully imported. But first, Victory will showcase its models at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. Market sources say Victory has already done an assessment of the Indian market and will bring in motorcycle models that best suit Indian conditions. For those who haven’t heard of Victory motorcycles before, the bike-maker has operations in New Zealand, U.K, Germany, Spain, Scandinavia and France. Polaris Industries, Victory’s parent company , also builds ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) and snowmobiles. The company manufactures what we normally call cruiser motorcycles. source - dancewithshadows.com

Attachments

Re: Victory Motorcycles in India by 2012

Victory might be a good competition.

But since they are available only as CBU, I dont thik its price will be justified.

We have Harleys here as CKD which makes it as sensible buy & price well justified.

Last edited:

+1 to Zinam! They may lose out on competition and i guess Harley-Davidson bikes have better recognition and brand value?

well thats the problem with India. Brand value, or let me say American brand value.
Intel over AMD, HD over Victory. No case for the better thing.

Yeah Debayan,

Almost most everyone are obsessed with Brand image.

But in this case both brands are American Brands & both are great brands! its just that few may not know about victory motorcycles.

350Z

Core Team

Definitely, Victory is a less heard name in India but I find their bikes to be better looking over some Harleys. I think anybody who’s paying a premium amount for a product would love to have the brand image whilst keeping in mind the quality and most of the buyers would obviously prefer going with Harley Davidson because of the already said reason as well as price. And to begin with a serious game in the market, Victory will have to focus on these aspects anyway. Ultimately, it is the wealthy enthusiasts who are going to get one in their garage.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom