Vespa Brings New Range of Scooters in India

Re: Vespa Scooters Coming To India - Again?

Wow..wow n wow..I had a LML Vespa in my college days..Her name was Pahi. Now she is very old an lying at my Aunts place. I have mind to restore her and place her near the new Vespa that I am looking to buy. White or Black would be my colors...:-)

Oh yes. I am so waiting for this one. A cool runabout for the mundane chores for the wife. I still do prefer my cycle for that.

And I will take yellow please.

Official site: Piaggio

Though they have no details of the vehicles to be launched in India or when. Mostly to do with getting dealerships in place first.

The person heading the show is a well known person in the automotive scene in India. Hopping they target these machines well. Considering they have some real tough competition from the Honda stable.

What they would run on is design, design and design. Market it accordingly and create a segment that wants more then the plain Jane 100 milion in number Honda's.

LML Vespa showroom in Bangalore

Hi guys,

Just trying to get if anyone in this forum has clue of where would a LML showroom be in BAngalore. Today I saw an article in IndianCarBikes that Vespa would be in market by end of April ... SO just curious to know ..

Re: LML Vespa showroom in Bangalore

Hi guys,

Just trying to get if anyone in this forum has clue of where would a LML showroom be in BAngalore. Today I saw an article in IndianCarBikes that Vespa would be in market by end of April ... SO just curious to know ..
Hello Sharmavi, AFAIK one LML showroom is in the Navrang-Malleshwaram stretch, have seen the showroom when i was going to college, now not sure if they still have the showroom.

Vespa will launch their scooter in India on 26th April in Mumbai.Starting their operation with 50 dealers and will increase it with time.The 124 cc scooter Vespa will be LX 125.The Vespa LX125 will be available in 7 colours namely red, silver, yellow, orange, blue, black and white and will come with disc brake and other with without disc brake.Prices expect close to be Rs 60,000/-.

thanks for info buddy! 60k is expensive but imo worth it for vespa lovers who want to feel retro!

Booking for the Vespa scooter to start from April after the launch and delivery of the scooter will start in May.

Update. Vespa LX125 launched in Bombay. Ex-showroom price Rs. 66661/-. At this price, I am sure Vespa is looking at targeting an image conscious niche market. At such a price the Vespa LX125 would never be able to challenge the current established players like Honda and Suzuki.

So friends,what do we have to say on this? Hit or Flop?

Moderators: Kindly edit the thread title to Now Launched.

Piaggio launches Vespa at Rs 66,661; to double scooter capacity in India - The Economic Times

Last edited:

Guys, do you have any information about sale & service infrastructure of Vespa. I mean will they built entirely new set up or some JV is being worked out.

At this price point, Vespa should be targeting a more niche than niche segment. Yet to figure out the prospective buyer type [confused]

I read the news today morning. I am eager to see more vespa in Indian roads soon. Now I need to sell my 5yrs activa to buy this vespa.

I think its priced a bit high, Need to see how it fairs in the handling and performance departments. If its better than the rest of the competition, Then maybe the price will be justified. Heard the brakes are drums and aren't that great.

thanks for info buddy! 60k is expensive but imo worth it for vespa lovers who want to feel retro!
i still sometimes ride my fathers vespa 150 with original piagio engine. its 1970 model but apart from being bumpy because the suspenions are not available its still is powerful and fuel efficient . just wanted to add to the reputation of the vespa for those who are close to taking a call soon on buying a scooter.

66,000/-!!!! means on road around 75,000/- makes it the super-premium scooter. personally, Its looks pretty good for me, completely different style, 'mix and match' of vintage and funky style. feels like 'WV beetle'. As a veteran scooter maker, we don't need to worry about Piaggio. Only thing to worry is the service network.

Let us wait and see how the market is responding to this product.

Top Bottom