Vespa Brings New Range of Scooters in India

Well they are looking sporty with alloys , neat design and disc brakes but all the models seem to have the traditional headlamp design!

AMG

Suspended
Re: Vespa Scooters Coming To India, Again?

The iconic Vespa scooters will re-enter India, this time, backed by their parent company, Piaggio. The first offering will be the Vespa LX 125, automatic scooter and a 2012 launch is expected
Source: Dance With Shadows.

P.S. I absolutely love this colour.

Attachments

new vespa scooters are great but am only thinking how many modern people will like them?? because thesedays college guys use activa and all so hope vespas will become popular between them also because of features this time!!

I believe Vespa will have a strong time contrary to established players. They have to convey innovative goods with appealing charge and a good trading team.

Vespa scooters are good, but these days no..of people are interested in bikes like pulsar, hero honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Re: Vespa Scooters Coming To India - Again?

Finally we have some spyshots (and also evidence) that Vespas are really coming! The following pictures are of Vespa LX125 Model.

Vespa-LX-125-1.jpg

Vespa-LX-125.jpg
Source: Motoroids

Drive Safe,
350Z

Piaggio will launch Vespa scooters at 2012 Auto Expo. Piaggio will manufacture Vespa 125LX at the Baramati facility in Maharashtra, and the scooter will go on sale by March this year.

Vespa LX125 is powered by a 125cc engine producing 10.5PS and 9.7Nm of torque, making it one of the most powerful scooters in India. The scooter will also have an automatic CVT gearbox and an optional front disc brake.

Italian manufacturer will produce and retail the 125cc automatic scooter in India, from March 2012.
Source: Oncars.in

Attachments

we have a lot of these in Aus

they aren't cheap thought about 3500 dollars for that. means 1.8 lacs

they are Italian (NO LML)

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team

Update - Piaggio will roll out Vespa in March 2012. It will be positioned as a premium brand and company is opening up exclusive dealerships too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Cool looking scooters with fantastic heritage and a romance that only Italian machines have. But I have heard a lot of people commenting that "oh, it looks like an old Bajaj made of plastic, who will buy this?"; "man, this is too girls for my taste", etc.

I just hope this iconic brand does not become a victim of typical Indian narrow-minded psyche [frustration].

Eagerly waiting for the Vespa. Was instantly sold to it when I see the photos of it featured in the recent Autoexpo.
Any info about it dealership network and any pre-launch roadshows/offers ?

Top Bottom